IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Quick question... and I apologize in advance if this has been asked/discussed and I'm bringing up old news.

I am ripping, separately, the 2-channel and multichannel parts of each SACD which has both. My understanding is that these can be, and often are, different mixes so I'd like to preserve them. But, maybe I'm just wasting disk space. 

- Can someone confirm that ripping both the duel and multichannel is the right way to do this if I want to save both?

- If I pull the data into an ISO does the ISO contain both the duel and multichannel portions together in the single ISO? 

5 minutes ago, Mmehrez said:

The tray opens though

Hmm.   You mean you prepared a USB thumbdrive with the scripts for an Oppo 103/105 and the tray opened. That's interesting.  I don't know whether we've ever had a report of that happening with an Oppo 93/95. 

I wouldn't give up so soon then.  I thought the Mark I was based on the Oppo 93/95 because of what I saw while quickly Googling but I'm no expert on the Mark I.  The situation may be more complicated.

26 minutes ago, Phthalocyanine said:

I thought the Mark I was based on the Oppo 93/95

It is and so very likely incompatible, as with the Cambridge 751BD.

For reference, the chipset is described as the Mediatek MTK8530.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

15 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

For reference, the chipset is described as the Mediatek MTK8530.

Yes but I thought recent research here had determined that it was the kernel type 2.6.35  that was the most important thing not the particular Mediatek MTK number.

I just don't remember anyone reporting that they got any response of any kind using the scripts with an Oppo 93/95.  But I may be wrong about that.

I actually now own an Oppo 93 and so I can conduct my own experiment when I have a moment.  But I welcome others to chime in on this topic whether @Mmehrez should conduct some more tests with his player.

1 hour ago, Phthalocyanine said:

Yes but I thought recent research here had determined that it was the kernel type 2.6.35  that was the most important thing not the particular Mediatek MTK number.

Thats right and the Sony S390 for instance does not use either the MT8560 or 8580 that were once thought to be the only compatible CPUs.

The MT8530 found in the BDP-93/751BD, and BD32 Mk. I hails from Oct. 2009. The kernel version 2.6.35 debuted in Aug. 2010, so not impossible that a firmware update could have occurred that utilized the newer kernel version on those slightly older machines. I don't know if the disc player manufacturer would have relied on Mediatek for such an update, or if they would have been expected to develop that themselves (likely).

I think I saw a reference on the AVS Forum to this older era of machine using kernel version 2.6.27 which debuted in Oct. 2008, but who knows if that's actually the case, or if I'm even remembering that right.

I also saw a reference in that same thread to the Oppo 93/95 units using some sort of a special version of that Mediatek chip, called the OP8531.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

1 hour ago, ipeverywhere said:

I found an unexpected side-effect during this process...

Terminal is downstairs in office + Player is upstairs on other side of house in media room = Unexpected exercise

I've run up/down the stairs over a dozen times today as I had time to rip a bunch of these this morning. 

:P 

Should you get tired and your player does support Miracast (most Sonys do) there might be a more comfortable solution.

Having a telnet session from your smartphone to the player or a RDP hookup (smartphone -> ripping PC), you should be able to send the smartphone's screen directly via WiFi to the player which in turn sends it to the TV via HDMI.

Just a lazy thought ...🙄

6 hours ago, MikeyFresh said:

I think I saw a reference on the AVS Forum to this older era of machine using kernel version 2.6.27 which debuted in Oct. 2008, but who knows if that's actually the case, or if I'm even remembering that right.

This is true according to http://wiki.oppodigital.com/index.php?title=Open_Source_Software_Related_to_BDP-95/95 as well.  Therefore, unless the kernel version has been upgraded via a firmware update, getting sacd_extract work with this player will be a challenge.  Since 2.6.27 is numerically close to 2.6.35, one can perhaps hack the vermagic of the kernel module inside sacd_extract and see what happens.

22 minutes ago, mindset said:

getting sacd_extract work with this player will be a challenge. 

So do you think there is a set of BD players that are susceptible to the autoscript folder exploit but are unable to run the versions of sacd_extract we currently have?

If he's getting the drive door to open with the script, that means something is happening with that player.

52 minutes ago, Phthalocyanine said:

So do you think there is a set of BD players that are susceptible to the autoscript folder exploit but are unable to run the versions of sacd_extract we currently have?

If he's getting the drive door to open with the script, that means something is happening with that player.

Yes.  Drive door opening just means that AutoScript containing the door open command was read and was executed, and but has nothing to do with the sacd_extract program.

Sony BD players are not available where I am so that is not an option. ISO2DSD gives failed to connect.  Telnet gives connection refused.  I can ping the MKI.

Here are the contents of the Autoscript file:

#MTKAT 0.xx script

CLI(CLI_exec cp /mnt/sda1/AutoScript/sacd_extract /)
CLI(CLI_exec /sacd_extract -S &)
CLI(CLI_drv.ir.rx.sq 0xaf000)

I can spend as much time there is to spend until someone tells me to give up 🙂

Cheers

13 minutes ago, Mmehrez said:

I can spend as much time there is to spend until someone tells me to give up

Make up an AutoScript.TSS file with the following script:

#MTKAT 0.xx script

CLI(CLI_exec echo root::0:0:root,,,:/root:/bin/sh >/etc/passwd)

CLI(CLI_exec /usr/sbin/inetd &)

SLEEPMS(3000)

CLI(CLI_app.vfdmg.b clear_msg)

CLI(CLI_app.vfdmg.b scroll_msg start)

SLEEPMS(5000)

You can make a copy of your current AutoScript.TSS file and paste in the new script in using Notepad.

Create a new outer folder AutoScript just like what you downloaded

You can use the USB thumbdrive you used since it seemed to work and had no formatting problems.

Remove the old Autoscript folder and add your new one with the new AutoScript.TSS file.

This script is used to launch telnet in Oppos (which appear to use inetd rather than telnet, but it connects the same way).

After inserting this script you should see some scrolling on the player’s screen.

Then try to connect with telnet and report back.  If you connect, the password is root.

Hi,

I have tried the script you proposed above 

#MTKAT 0.xx script

CLI(CLI_exec echo root::0:0:root,,,:/root:/bin/sh >/etc/passwd)

CLI(CLI_exec /usr/sbin/inetd &)

SLEEPMS(3000)

CLI(CLI_app.vfdmg.b clear_msg)

CLI(CLI_app.vfdmg.b scroll_msg start)

SLEEPMS(5000)

Alone in an AutoScript.TSS file, nothing happened, meaning it did not open the tray.  However it did put the MKI to sleep.  Then I appended the older AutoScript.TSS file with the script, the tray opened and text showed on the screen as you proposed.

In all cases, neither Telnet nor ISO2DSD worked.  Connection refused and failed to connect 

54 minutes ago, Phthalocyanine said:

Then try to connect with telnet and report back.  If you connect, the password is root.

Also report what this command returns in telnet:

uname  -a

It will display the Linux kernel version and other info.  sacd_extract only runs on a specific kernel version (=2.6.35) as of today.