IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

27 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

There is no reason, that model simply works, however it is the bottom of the line known-working Sony. Perhaps a little patience would yield an S590 or 790 which have somewhat superior build quality, or the 2013 model year S5100/BX510 for instance, all of which have the added feature of an LED display that gives some visual feedback as to what is happening when you initiate a rip.

The S390 is fine, but lacking any front panel display, you are left to just carefully follow instructions and not get any visual indication as to what is happening. Not a huge thing, but it's the main reason I just leave my S390 in reserve and use one of the other Sony models, I like the front panel display feedback.

Well that is helpful, and they are not much more money even for a refurbished one.

Thanks,

Wayne

NAD M33, SGC SonicTransporter I5 GEN 3, w/ 2GB SSD drive as the storage and ROON CORE, with SGC CD Ripper,  Fiber Optic converter system, ROON.  Revel Performa 3 F208 Speakers, ROON, Grover Huffman EX speaker cables, and Bass Jumpers,  WD EX2 Red Drive NAS, Netgear Nighthawk Router, all streaming hardwired Cat6/7, no WiFi. Sony Blu-Ray for SACD backup, PS Audio Dectec to a dedicated 20 amp circuit, Custom Speaker covers, PS Audio Power, Signal Power .

OK thanks again, decided on the S590 certified refurbished from Amazon, I find the easiest to deal with if there is a problem.

Like I said I probably will end up with a few questions.

Wayne

NAD M33, SGC SonicTransporter I5 GEN 3, w/ 2GB SSD drive as the storage and ROON CORE, with SGC CD Ripper,  Fiber Optic converter system, ROON.  Revel Performa 3 F208 Speakers, ROON, Grover Huffman EX speaker cables, and Bass Jumpers,  WD EX2 Red Drive NAS, Netgear Nighthawk Router, all streaming hardwired Cat6/7, no WiFi. Sony Blu-Ray for SACD backup, PS Audio Dectec to a dedicated 20 amp circuit, Custom Speaker covers, PS Audio Power, Signal Power .

So here is one question, will the USB thumb drive I used successfully with my OPPO 105D, work for the Sony S590 ?

1 hour ago, Waynefi said:

will the USB thumb drive I used successfully with my OPPO 105D, work for the Sony S590 ?

Not without some changes.  (You'll need a different program sacd_extract_160 instead of sacd_extract on the thumbdrive and your script has to reflect that difference too.)

We can tell you what to do specifically when you get there. 

In the meantime, hold onto that USB thumb drive because the fact that it worked with your Oppo means that it does not have formatting issues and is a good candidate for use with your future Sony.

3 hours ago, Phthalocyanine said:

Not without some changes.  (You'll need a different program sacd_extract_160 instead of sacd_extract on the thumbdrive and your script has to reflect that difference too.)

We can tell you what to do specifically when you get there. 

In the meantime, hold onto that USB thumb drive because the fact that it worked with your Oppo means that it does not have formatting issues and is a good candidate for use with your future Sony.

Will do, thanks

This Certified Refurbished S590 showed up today all ready, looks like brand new, with 30 day warranty, and for $4.00 a 2 year warranty from Amazon, not bad for $70.00, I will check it out over the next few days, and read thru some of the Sony ripping process I printed off from here.

Having problems Sony BDP590

Sandisk Cruzer 8GB formatted to NTFS

Sony Ethernet to network.

Def got the right IP

Following the step by step, I get the tray open, insert the SACD

Do the Music setting toggle.

But when I launch the ISO2DDS and press the ‘Execute’ it just stays grayed out, nothing happens in the window and the player bricks and needs restarting. And this is waiting for a long time as well.

The Sony plays SACD single layer fine.

Should anything else be on my USB apart from the Autoscript and the sacdextract_160?

I had the .TSS file on / off but got same results, so I took it off.  If I need the .TSS file on, what should be on it?

Any help appreciated.  Have about 30 SACDs and been wanting to do this for years.

18 minutes ago, ady_lister said:

Should anything else be on my USB apart from the Autoscript and the sacdextract_160?

I had the .TSS file on / off but got same results, so I took it off.  If I need the .TSS file on, what should be on it?

All of the above needs to be inside an enclosing folder called AutoScript.

That enclosing folder called AutoScript needs to reside at the root level of the USB thumb drive.

In Windows 10 it looks like this:

AutoScript-Win10.thumb.jpg.e571579e912bbd7e980d17bf75ad4088.jpg

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

Thanks, Ok so I do need the .TSS

Ok done that.

Now get in ISO2DSD:

Response result non-zero or disc opened 
libsacdread: Can't open xxx.xxx.x.2002 for reading 

Which I've had before - someone suggested earlier that was Firewall maybe blocking the network?

But I've tried with Firwall settings turned off and still had that error.

12 minutes ago, ady_lister said:

Thanks, Ok so I do need the .TSS

Ok done that.

So you have the enclosing folder called AutoScript now?

If so, you need to do a full power cycle, which means power OFF with the thumb drive removed, pull/replace the AC power cord, power ON and wait for the initial boot sequence, then insert USB thumb drive and proceed with the rip sequence.

Also ensure that ISO2DSD was fully restarted, and never use the Quit button to quit that program as it definitely causes issues, close the program via the red X at the upper right-hand corner of the window.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

image.png.380d70b30c7b1ac6113f47bc7c965e2d.png

After doing full power reset,  hitting the 'Execute' just bricked the player again.

My USB looks like that:

My Autoscript txt file is:

#MTKAT 0.xx script

CLI(CLI_exec cp /mnt/sd*/AutoScript/sacd_extract_160 /)
CLI(CLI_exec insmod /lib/modules/2.6.35/BDP/splitter.ko)
CLI(CLI_exec /sacd_extract_160 -S &)
CLI(CLI_drv.ir.rx.sq 0xaf000)

My Autoscipt TSS file is:

#MTKAT 0.xx script

CLI(CLI_exec echo root::0:0:root,,,:/root:/bin/sh >/etc/passwd)
CLI(CLI_exec /usr/sbin/telnetd &)
SLEEPMS(3000)
CLI(CLI_app.vfdmg.b clear_msg)
CLI(CLI_app.vfdmg.b scroll_msg start)
SLEEPMS(5000)

I followed the advice to change that line to 'telnetd'.

28 minutes ago, ady_lister said:

I followed the advice to change that line to 'telnetd'.

If you are using ISO2DSD, and the stereo/multichannel toggle, that means you are not using Telnet at all, you are using the server method.

I don't then know why you are changing the script with regard to things that only apply to using Telnet, but I'd be willing to bet that script is now broken. For instance, you probably tried to poke around inside the middle file, and I can see that Windows has now deleted the .TSS file extension.

Rather than guess at it, wipe your thumb drive clean and place a new enclosing folder called AutoScript on it with freshly downloaded contents. Then, power cycle the machine again and proceed with the rip sequence.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

1 hour ago, MikeyFresh said:

All of the above needs to be inside an enclosing folder called AutoScript.

Actually only one AutoScript file is necessary. The Sony players don’t care if it’s the .TSS or the sans extension one. I have never tested to determine which is dominant if both are present. The Oppo players don’t recognize the script unless it has the .TSS extension. No clue about the Pioneers.  My guess is they’re the opposite of the Oppo and only recognize the extensionless script. 

1 hour ago, Dick Darlington said:

Actually only one AutoScript file is necessary. The Sony players don’t care if it’s the .TSS or the sans extension one. I have never tested to determine which is dominant if both are present. The Oppo players don’t recognize the script unless it has the .TSS extension. No clue about the Pioneers.  My guess is they’re the opposite of the Oppo and only recognize the extensionless script. 

Interesting, I have always just left that download package intact/as is and never tried to eliminate any portion of it.

Tough to say then what exactly was going wrong in today's problem case, I wasn't actually suggesting it was the lack of the .TSS file extension, just simply that was a clue or indication displayed in his screen shot that the user had been poking around in the scripts, and thus all bets were off on any errant keystrokes or other changes having broken them.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

1 hour ago, MikeyFresh said:

Tough to say then what exactly was going wrong in today's problem case,

Well I don’t know what, or rather which problem it actually was in the end but the two scripts were markedly different and one being for the Telnet method as you pointed out. All this time that I’ve known that only one of the two duplicate scripts is required for a given player and that the Sonys don’t care which (.TSS or not), I’ve never considered what might happen if both are present yet different. Do both get executed sequentially? If so which is parsed first? 🤔 

2 hours ago, Dick Darlington said:

All this time that I’ve known that only one of the two duplicate scripts is required for a given player and that the Sonys don’t care which (.TSS or not),

We need to get a Pioneer owner to experiment and tell us whether a Pioneer will not work with only a autoscript.tss in the folder.

Pioneeer BDP-170 here. Always been working fine with:

Screenshot 2019-03-29 at 09.26.56.png

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Embarrassed to say I am lost. I wanted to try this tonight.

I have the USB that worked with the OPPO. Do I need to delete those few files that were put on for the OPPO ? Where do I get the correct file to put on the drive ?  I did not see that anywhere.

Also, I have a folder on my PC call SACD, with some items in it, I cannot remember where I got that also ? This is where the OPPO rips ended up ?

I got the Sony server method instructions from Phthalocyanine, but understand most of the instructions, but am stuck on what and where I have to load some initial folder/files on the PC, and what to put on the USB.

24 minutes ago, Waynefi said:

Embarrassed to say I am lost. I wanted to try this tonight.

What program did you use with the Oppo or for that matter do you plan to use with the Sony with the server method, ISO2DSD?

Do I need to delete those few files that were put on for the OPPO ?

Yes, wipe the USB thumb drive of the files for the Oppo, they won't work with a Sony Blu-ray player.

I got the Sony server method instructions from Phthalocyanine, but understand most of the instructions, but am stuck on what and where I have to load some initial folder/files on the PC, and what to put on the USB.

The USB thumb drive needs the Pioneer-Sony script found here, however you need to be sure you actually have an enclosing folder called AutoScript. For some reason (especially on Windows) the DropBox web interface seems to yield the folder's contents and discard the actual enclosing folder, that enclosing folder is needed in all cases.

Try this:

DropBox.jpg.f7433ac11280e4c8caf93411acbc384b.jpg

If you only get the contents and not the enclosing folder, create an enclosing folder called AutoScript and place the downloaded contents into it.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Ok , I just used the existing ISO2DSD Folder and files that have been on my PC since I experimented with my Modwright modified OPPO last year.

On the USB Thumb drive, I deleted the Autoscript files and folder from the OPPO use,  Then I added Sony script from MikeyFresh above. Followed the instructions from Phthalocyanine, and it went off without a hitch. You were right as I had to add the enclosing AutoScript folder.

I backed up 2 last night, they sound wonderful.

The Sony BDP-S590  from Amazon certified refurbished @70 bucks was a pretty good deal I thought, with a 2 year warranty for $4.00 more. Looks like brand new. In actuality I did not know these Sony's had some many features options, and played SACD's. It connected right to my network. I may buy a few more new or used to have for backup.

Thanks all, I have a bunch to backup.