IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

39 minutes ago, mindset said:

Also report what this command returns in telnet:

uname  -a

It will display the Linux kernel version and other info.  sacd_extract only runs on a specific kernel version (=2.6.35) as of today.

I believe if I cannot connect with telnet then I cannot use this command?

3 minutes ago, Phthalocyanine said:

Describe how you are trying to connect with telnet - are you using the program Putty?

What message do you get?

What IP address are you using and how did you determine it?

I am using Putty.  I get a connection refused message. Th IP of the Primare BD32 MKI is 192.168.1.19, so I use 192.168.1.19:2002 in Putty.

12 hours ago, mindset said:

Just ran some analysis on the latest firmware (BDP9x-82-1009), and confirmed it indeed has kernel 2.6.27:

2.6.27 preempt mod_unload ARMv6

I believe this is why sacd_extract doesn't work on BDP-93/95.

Mhh v2.6.27, just like my old Pioneer.

Although the telnet and remote ripping might be off limits due to a possible port blocking, with the "correct sacd_extract executable" not only the door should open, but the dogs could be let out (e.g. via local AutoRip script).

Is there anyone eager to comment on / second the following proposal?

23 minutes ago, Nexus3 said:

Is there anyone eager to comment on / second the following proposal?

I second that proposal, there are Oppo BDP-93/5, Cambridge 751BD, and Primare BD32 Mk.I owners that can benefit.

I certainly lack the technical knowledge necessary to verbalize the exact task at hand however.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

21 hours ago, Nexus3 said:

Although the telnet and remote ripping might be off limits due to a possible port blocking,

Very interesting.  Could you explain a bit more how you got the information in your linked post comparing the Pioneers?

A thought -- if the autoscript exploit give us control of these players, could we figure out a command to put in the autoscript file to first open the ports and then launch telnet?

2 hours ago, Phthalocyanine said:

Very interesting.  Could you explain a bit more how you got the information in your linked post comparing the Pioneers?

Yes of course, despite the provision to publish open sourced software, not every manufacturer interprets this in a straightforward fashion as Sony or Pioneer. Some publish their OSS packages only upon request, others don't bother at all.

My Pioneer BDP-450 (despite having a custom firmware) drove me nuts 🤕, when I tried to unlock the mystery behind opening its door (when AutoScript was provided via USB), but refusing any remote connection attempts (port 23 telnet or sacd_extract : 2002).

Then I downloaded the source code used for its firmware (BDP-450 & BDP-150 are related) and compared it to the next generation (BDP-160), which is of course fully cooperative (telnet & sacd_extract).

Since netfilter is the bouncer for Linux based network traffic & firewall regulation, finding it enabled for the BDP-150-series suggests that "foul play" is going on here. In any case this is just a reasoned suspicion on my part not waterproof evidence.

2 hours ago, Phthalocyanine said:

A thought -- if the autoscript exploit give us control of these players, could we figure out a command to put in the autoscript file to first open the ports and then launch telnet?

I tried some basic commands to include in the AutoScript (e.g. iptables stop) but in the end it turned into a guessing game and I gave up.

Anyhow making the players to talk will bring us onto the tree but not within grasp of the forbidden fruits, since the more pressing concern is a compatible sacd_extract EXECUTABLE.

Having that and feeding it via an AutoRip script, hence bypassing any network activity and ripping to local USB, should yield us the desired ISO - I would bet my most precious SACD (ST-Nemesis) onto this. 😜

7 hours ago, Nexus3 said:

Since netfilter is the bouncer for Linux based network traffic & firewall regulation, finding it enabled for the BDP-150-series suggests that "foul play" is going on here. In any case this is just a reasoned suspicion on my part not waterproof evidence.

I understand.  But it seems odd that they would bother to plug a security problem early on and then ignore it in so many subsequent models.

Doing some experiments with my Oppo 93, Autoscript definitely gets the scrolling going (a-k).  Indeed it does not stop until I turn off the player (although the script is supposed to sleep it after a certain time).

But I'm getting no joy with any attempts to connect by telnet, trying both inetd and telnet in the autoscript file.

Is there something different about the Busybox commands for inetd and telnet in kernel 2.6.27 ?

6 hours ago, LazyBorzoi said:

I got Sony S590.

I saw the .docx file with instructions above on page 177 by Phthalocyanine but for the love of God I cannot find Sony-specific files (scripts such as sacdextract_160 and so on) to download. I do not see links specifically for Sony on page 1. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

I see MikeyFresh sent you a PM,  hopefully you are on your way ? I just got my Sony S590 going last week in a few minutes with help from these guys. The last 3 or 4 posts on page 177 takes you to the script for the USB thumbdrive for Sony, if that is all you need. I'd be glad to share the info I received, but these guys are a lot smarter than me !

NAD M33, SGC SonicTransporter I5 GEN 3, w/ 2GB SSD drive as the storage and ROON CORE, with SGC CD Ripper,  Fiber Optic converter system, ROON.  Revel Performa 3 F208 Speakers, ROON, Grover Huffman EX speaker cables, and Bass Jumpers,  WD EX2 Red Drive NAS, Netgear Nighthawk Router, all streaming hardwired Cat6/7, no WiFi. Sony Blu-Ray for SACD backup, PS Audio Dectec to a dedicated 20 amp circuit, Custom Speaker covers, PS Audio Power, Signal Power .

18 hours ago, Waynefi said:

I see MikeyFresh sent you a PM,  hopefully you are on your way ? I just got my Sony S590 going last week in a few minutes with help from these guys. The last 3 or 4 posts on page 177 takes you to the script for the USB thumbdrive for Sony, if that is all you need. I'd be glad to share the info I received, but these guys are a lot smarter than me !

Yeah, I'm all good. I was helped almost instantly 🙂

Thank you as well.

I recently discovered that my old Bluray player is capable of SACD readout and that's how I came to this forum.

Trying to set everything up at the moment...

OK, I have a Sony BDP-S590, a usb formatted as fat32 with autoscript as follows:

#MTKAT 0.xx script
CLI(CLI_exec /usr/sbin/telnetd &)
CLI(CLI_exec /usr/sbin/inetd &)
CLI(CLI_exec cp /mnt/sda1/AutoScript/sacd_extract /)
CLI(CLI_exec /sacd_extract -S &)
CLI(CLI_drv.ir.rx.sq 0xaf000)

I can telnet to the player, finally but I'm prompted for password credentials, is this normal?

Any idea what they would be?

All help would GREATLY appreciated,

Thanks

50 minutes ago, 007james said:

Any idea what they would be?

root

That script of yours both starts telnet and opens up the server connection, so I'm not sure which method you're pursuing.

In any event, if you're using a Sony you need sacd_extract_160 (the version used for Pioneer players).

sacd_extract is used for the Oppo.

It took me a while to get my Oppo 103 to even open its drawer. I performed a factory reset, disabled auto play, auto resume, the scrensaver etc., all to no avail. It turns out that all my USB sticks were formatted as "Superfloppys" without a partition table, and that Windows 10 apparently also formats completely blank sticks as superfloppy by default.  All those sticks were browsable under Movies/Photos/..., i.e. the media player part of the Oppo isn't as picky as the process that runs the AutoScripts.

Since I haven't really used Windows in 20 years, and MacOS for a decade, what did work for me in the end: A 2TB USB harddrive formatted with one NTFS partition, and after that, an USB stick manually partitioned (with MSDOS style partition table and a single partition) and formatted as VFAT / FAT32 with gparted (available as a live CD e.g. from https://gparted.org/livecd.php).