IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

But where does the controller will get that info, if not from the renderer when the controller polls it regularly to get timing data ? It is clearly the responsibility of the renderer to send those track data to the controller... and was able to be informed of the track format and bit width when using different controllers like BubbleUPnP and Lumin. With the microrendu MPD module, ...so track format and bit width is also sent to the controller. May I suggest this could be a nice improvement to the microrendu software ?
+1

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

Sorry I'm a bit confused - is the order of the list the order you tried them in, or the descending order of preference, or ascending order of preference?

If the Audience is the most favourite, then the Oyaide is s the least favourite?

Sorry for the confusion. The cables are listed in chronological order which also happens to be the ascending order of preference. So Oyaide is least favored, Audience most favored.

Steve Z

VPI-HW40 Anniversary turntable, Grado Aeon3 cartridge; Teres turntable, VPI Fatboy gimbal, Dynavector XV1-S, Lyra Helikon mono; Taiko Audio Extreme server, dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler Plus and Clock, Cybershaft OP21 Reference Clock; Playback Designs Pinot ADC; D'Agostino Momentum M400 amplifiers, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono stage; Wilson Audio Alexx speakers, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofers; Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR & Typhon, Shunyata Sigma NR & Alpha NR power cords, Sigma interconnects, digital and speaker cables; Stillpoints ESS grid system rack; Stillpoints Ultras and Ultra 5s, component stands and cones under everything, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots and lots of music.

FWIW, my experience is similar to Steve's. That is, the Audience Au24 SE is my favorite USB cable, and the Curious Cable is number two. O'wise, I haven't tried the other cables he's used, but my close number three in sound quality (close to the Curious) is the TotalDAC USB cable, the one with the filter box.

But I'm using the Audience USB cable in my main system, which has an Aurender music server. My secondary system, the one with the microRendu, is using the TotalDAC cable, mainly because the Curious Cable I own isn't really long enough for the current setup.

I've tried the following USB cables in this order and preference: Oyaide, WireWorld Platinum, Nordost Heimdall, Light Harmonic Lightspeed split, Curious Cable, Audience AU23 SE. The Audience continues to be my favorite due to its very balanced, transparent and harmonically rich performance.

Steve Z

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

FWIW, my experience is similar to Steve's. That is, the Audience Au24 SE is my favorite USB cable, and the Curious Cable is number two. O'wise, I haven't tried the other cables he's used, but my close number three in sound quality (close to the Curious) is the TotalDAC USB cable, the one with the filter box.

But I'm using the Audience USB cable in my main system, which has an Aurender music server. My secondary system, the one with the microRendu, is using the TotalDAC cable, mainly because the Curious Cable I own isn't really long enough for the current setup.

Thanks everyone for your input! Unfortunately, this thread is all about the microRendu and probably, Jesus is mad about us discussing usb cables right now. I would like to apologise but my favorites goes from the bottom to the top: lightspeed 10g, curious, totaldac d1, aq diamond. Unfortunately I haven't tryed the Audience or beloved in Russian audiophile community - Synergistic Active (literally, everyone who tryed one, loves it). While I didn't liked the Curious as well as the Lightspeed at all, they sound the same to my ears.

MacBook Pro + Roon > Airport Extreme > microRendu + mbps-d2s > Auralic Vega > McIntosh MC275 > Yamaha NS-2000

Wired with: High Fidelity CT-1 Enhanced RCA, Revelation Audio Labs, Fadel Art Coherence PC

Thanks everyone for your input! Unfortunately, this thread is all about the microRendu and probably, Jesus is mad about us discussing usb cables right now. I would like to apologise but my favorites goes from the bottom to the top: lightspeed 10g, curious, totaldac d1, aq diamond. Unfortunately I haven't tryed the Audience or beloved in Russian audiophile community - Synergistic Active (literally, everyone who tryed one, loves it). While I didn't liked the Curious as well as the Lightspeed at all, they sound the same to my ears.

I would like to keep this thread on topic.

Yesterday I've installed my optical isolation stuff into the music path (2x TP-LINK MC200CM & Duplex Multimode 62.5/125 Fiber Patch Cable (SC/SC), 10M). Everything works nicely but I haven't noticed any improvement. Maybe my local network is clean already since there are no devices connected directly to the router except for the Internet provider and microRendu.

MacBook Pro + Roon > Airport Extreme > microRendu + mbps-d2s > Auralic Vega > McIntosh MC275 > Yamaha NS-2000

Wired with: High Fidelity CT-1 Enhanced RCA, Revelation Audio Labs, Fadel Art Coherence PC

The power supply for the TP-LINK connected to the mR is important. In my case there is more noise introduced by the SMPS than removed by the fibre connection. I have removed the fibre until I can try with better power, on order.

I'm thinking about going the optical isolation route as well. Could a Y-cable be used from one of the the JS-2 outputs to each of the MC200Ms? Anyone have an idea of how much wattage/current they draw?

9v/0.6A

I would not recommend doing that, since you are defeating some of the isolation. Use the JS-2 on the receiver and another psu on the sender.

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

I'm wondering if anyone else using a Chord Mojo + µRendu + 9v iFi can hear a buzzing through their headphones when the Mojo is off? My Mojo ran out of battery mid-song the other day and I was surprised to hear buzzing.

I don't hear it when the µRendu is powered by my HD-PLEX LPS (which I use with a second µR). I also noticed that it depends on a certain combinations of router + cable. If I use a shielded Ethernet cable with a metal RJ-45 connector plugged into an Airport Express or direct to a Mac, I don't hear it. If I use a regular plastic Ethernet cable I always hear it. If I use my old D-LINK router, I hear it regardless of which ethernet cable I use. I also tried a different USB cables, including one with a disconnected 5v—didn't make a difference either way.

If the Mojo is on, everything is dead quiet, so it doesn't seem to affect playback. But for good measure I've decided to use shielded ethernet cables for now.

All a bit strange. Curious if this happens to anyone else using a Mojo.

muski

I'm wondering if anyone else using a Chord Mojo + µRendu + 9v iFi can hear a buzzing through their headphones when the Mojo is off? My Mojo ran out of battery mid-song the other day and I was surprised to hear buzzing.

I don't hear it when the µRendu is powered by my HD-PLEX LPS (which I use with a second µR). I also noticed that it depends on a certain combinations of router + cable. If I use a shielded Ethernet cable with a metal RJ-45 connector plugged into an Airport Express or direct to a Mac, I don't hear it. If I use a regular plastic Ethernet cable I always hear it. If I use my old D-LINK router, I hear it regardless of which ethernet cable I use. I also tried a different USB cables, including one with a disconnected 5v—didn't make a difference either way.

If the Mojo is on, everything is dead quiet, so it doesn't seem to affect playback. But for good measure I've decided to use shielded ethernet cables for now.

All a bit strange. Curious if this happens to anyone else using a Mojo.

muski

It's best to avoid the combination that produces the noise.

Hi.......I have recently moved to Roon core on an iMac feeding a microRendu into a Chord 2Qute DAC and the sound is without doubt the best I've had in my home set-up.

I'd like some advice please re the PSU's for both.

Currently i'm using the standard walwart switchers that came with them but plan to upgrade to Teddy Pardo. I have the option of individual 2A PSU's for each or a duel 2A PSU with 7v and 12v. The duel option would be cheaper but more importantly prevent space issues on my rack. Therefore my question is "Is the duel option a compromise as there is not complete isolation for both microRendu and 2Qute"?

Thanks

Paul

Innuos Zenith SE (Roon Core) > Curious USB/Upton ISO REGEN +LPS-1/USPCB> Chord Hugo TT > ATC SCM 40A

Currently i'm using the standard walwart switchers that came with them but plan to upgrade to Teddy Pardo. I have the option of individual 2A PSU's for each or a duel 2A PSU with 7v and 12v. The duel option would be cheaper but more importantly prevent space issues on my rack. Therefore my question is "Is the duel option a compromise as there is not complete isolation for both microRendu and 2Qute"?

You should ask Teddy Pardo, he answers questions pretty quickly.

Hi.......I have recently moved to Roon core on an iMac feeding a microRendu into a Chord 2Qute DAC and the sound is without doubt the best I've had in my home set-up.

Thanks

Paul

Does the dual supply have a separate transformer for each output? What actually would produce truly separate supplies would be separate power transformers, next best is a single transformer with dual secondaries, with each secondary powering a single supply. Ultimately, for best performance, truly separate supplies will perform best (and a dual supply with two power transformers should be just as good, as long as the internal layout allows for enough spacing between the components internally.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

We have a new feature in the works, but I'm not sure I would call it a major firmware release. We have been upgrading things on a regular basis so something major is not really needed.

OK, I'd consider new features as a major release. ;-)

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Thanks

Paul

Why Teddy Pardo? Anyway, I run an HDPLEX with four rails, and thought my mR and Vortexbox sounded better when not run together (the HD also ran hot) but of course the VB is 5a. But they are now on separate circuits so who knows (I added a HK el cheapo to the Vortexbox in the meantime and it does sound better). Multiple rails is a better investment for potential resale I think since you are not tied into just one voltage/amp combo and therefore can interest more buyers. So maybe try the dual rail first, and then another ps later if you feel the need. Or get an HDPLEX. And if money's tight then the Chinese ones aren't bad, at least for things like nas's and switches.

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

I will plan and calculate how many linear power supplies I need and buy unit with just enough rails. I don't like several boxes. Is anyone interested about Sotm linear power supply with 3 adjustable rails ? I think it is a good option. Linear power supply is not difficult to build so I think there are no big differences between brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Using multiple rails doesn't always work out as planned. There's ground loop buzzing when I power an amp alongside the mR. Now I'm just using the HDPlex for the mR which I'm very happy with.

Speaker Rig: Roon > microRendu + HDPlex 100W > Yggdrasil > iTube > Sansui Au-555a > Dali Royal Menuet II 

Vinyl Rig: Sansui SR-2050C > Sansui Au-555a > Dali Royal Menuet II

Home Rig: Roon > microRendu > iPurifier 2 > Yggdrasil > iCAN SE > HD800S (LPS: HDPlex 100W)

Office Rig: Roon > mac mini > iDSD BL > HD800S / Viso HP50 / Marshall Major II