IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Thanks John! To sum it up would it be the best way to put the router inside a Faraday cage (and if you need wifi use extender in a different room to the hifi equipment), short unshielded wires to hifi equipment and future proof Cat8 around the house?

Ps. Possibly ground the router to a star ground and/or to external ground enhancer via RJ45 input (Entreq or similar) DS.

🎛️  Audio System  

I would highly recommend that you consider a separate supply from the supply which feeds your Server and router. The point of the µRendu is to get noise away from the audio system, you can best do this by removing the router and server from any proximity to your audio system physically, and by powering them from as isolated a branch of your AC supply as possible. Best is to power them in another room, from the other phase of your homes AC supply, as this gives the most isolation. then power the µRendu from a dedicated, ultra low noise and low impedance power supply. Despite the "isolation" claimed by Your HDPlex, this does nothing to isolate the AC supplies, and standard consumer parts like the MoBo in your CAPS and the power supply for the router are going to put lots of noise back out onto the AC line-ideally you want to remove this AC line noise source from any proximity to your audio system.

What about a switch, should it be moved ?

rogerdn

As I have mentioned before, I have a JPlay, AO, 2 computer setup with Ethernet cable connecting them directly. To get the best from this type of setup both computers need to optimized and be supplied with clean power. With the microrendu acting as an end point and the Ethernet isolating noise from your music source does an optimized music server have any effect on sound quality or can any old computer be used.

Check out this image from Vinnie's room at the Axpona show:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25347[/ATTACH]

Vinnie Rossi - LIO "super integrated amplifier" with DAC, phono, DHT tube line stage, and ultra cap power supply output to a Sonore microRendu.

Please don't move me to the rear of the queue for this but, me thinks the microRendu may output to the LIO. ;-)

As I have mentioned before, I have a JPlay, AO, 2 computer setup with Ethernet cable connecting them directly. To get the best from this type of setup both computers need to optimized and be supplied with clean power. With the microrendu acting as an end point and the Ethernet isolating noise from your music source does an optimized music server have any effect on sound quality or can any old computer be used.

I hate to answer this question because no matter what I says someone will have a descending option. I can tell you that we are not testing it with anything more than a regular computer and or NAS acting as the server.

I heard the microRendu today in Vinnie's room, and it was outstanding. It was the best computer based audio I have ever heard.

Vinnie's LIO and Harbeth speakers were excellent too.

Did you notice which power supply was being used? Any discussion on when they'll be ready for market.....

Did you notice which power supply was being used? Any discussion on when they'll be ready for market.....

It is a power supply that is available now and can cost > $8000 depending on the opltions you select. The example shown here has extra options for amplification using tubes ;-)

$8k for a power supply should be a doozy. Probably stick to an Ifi or a Uptone PS. I can buy a lot of music for 8k. ;)

Or the integrated amplifier Lio that is powering the microRendu in this case (there is no separate power supply used)

$8k for a power supply should be a doozy. Probably stick to an Ifi or a Uptone PS. I can buy a lot of music for 8k. ;)

Vinnie's LIO is modular and he has several input / output modules you can install. The power supply module he is creating for the microRendu is $395 USD. You can read more about it here:

LIO Ideas / Suggestions / Progress thread - PART 2!

Vinnie's LIO is modular and he has several input / output modules you can install. The power supply module he is creating for the microRendu is $395 USD. You can read more about it here:

LIO Ideas / Suggestions / Progress thread - PART 2!

I wonder how good that power supply is though. Perhaps the "best" for LIO owners is using the LIO but into the UpTone mystery supply.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

I wonder how good that power supply is though. Perhaps the "best" for LIO owners is using the LIO but into the UpTone mystery supply.

Refer to post #1184 above;) I'm sure the Uptone Audio mystery power supply will be great, but you can't argue with the simplicity of Vinnie's approach.

The actual cost is based on the options selected. You can obtain pricing here:

STORE - Vinnie Rossi Audio

I understand. I was just clarifying because the next response to his post started talking about an "$8000 power supply". [emoji13] Which, of course, would have to be one hell of a power supply!

We have every reason to think a PS powered by Ultracapacitors - effectively off grid - and built by Vinnie will be great. None of us even know what the Uptone "mystery" supply is yet, and you already know that it will be the "best" solution? Jumping to conclusions?

And just so you understand, I'm considering buying the "mystery" when Alex tells us what it is and the price.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Check out this image from Vinnie's room at the Axpona show:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25347[/ATTACH]

Vinnie Rossi - LIO "super integrated amplifier" with DAC, phono, DHT tube line stage, and ultra cap power supply output to a Sonore microRendu.

I heard his room yesterday, and it was one of the best rooms imo...MSB Analogue DAC were among my favorites. Either way, Vinnie's LIO with the Micro sounded incredible. But it's my first time hearing a LIO so hard to differentiate, but what an enjoyable room!

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

We have every reason to think a PS powered by Ultracapacitors - effectively off grid - and built by Vinnie will be great. None of us even know what the Uptone "mystery" supply is yet, and you already know that it will be the "best" solution? Jumping to conclusions?

And just so you understand, I'm considering buying the "mystery" when Alex tells us what it is and the price.

I know what it is:)

don't know if someone have already answer to this but : running Roon with the Microrendu ( no HQ player oversampling of filtering ) is there a difference in SQ running Roon (RAAT) or roon/hq player NAA ?

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

don't know if someone have already answer to this but : running Roon with the Microrendu ( no HQ player oversampling of filtering ) is there a difference in SQ running Roon (RAAT) or roon/hq player NAA ?

Interesting question. May have to wait until more people get the chance to own a microRendu.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256