IGNORED

Why do so many rooms at audio shows have palm plants everywhere?

Every non uniform surface in a room helps to randomly scatter reflections, maybe palms are know to be efficient at doing this.

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

Any specific reasons that it's always palms? Serious question :)

Palms survive bad sounding systems and smelly audiophiles.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Any specific reasons that it's always palms? Serious question :)

Not always but yes for some reason palms seem to be preferred.

Here's an example of "non-palm" room

Tokyo_International_Audio_show_Voxativ_01.jpg

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

I know plants spruce up a bland hotel room, but it always seems to be palms.

They're fairly tough plants that can stand a bit of abuse. They're therefore easy to transport around.

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

Simply drill a small hole in the side of the plant pot and feed a mains cable in with a plug on it (have the cable sealed and terminated so that it cannot short out due to water seepage.

Hide a big battery in the soil that powers a blue LED (for 1 day more than the warranty period) that pokes through another tiny hole in the pot, seal the holes with silicone. Coat the ends of the palm fronds with spray mount and dust them with powdered pencil lead (graphene). Stick a big logo on it and include a booklet that boasts the academic achievements of the designer (PhD in Audio Biology, etc).

There's your £1000 'AudioPalm TM'. You can augment the experience by gluing some graphene coated fronds to a headband and there you have the 'FacePalm TM'.

;-)

Only plants certified for audiophile use will work. Check your local hifi dealer for plants in the $500-1000 range.

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

Only plants certified for audiophile use will work. Check your local hifi dealer for plants in the $500-1000 range.

That's for losers... Once you've tried rare plants from the Amazon, watered with a mix of Madonna piss and Vatican water, you'll truly hear the difference... Like a virgin!

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

I have potted trees I rotate through my music room. Palms are okay for music in general, but you're much better off tailoring the plant to the music. Dwarf fruit trees are great for acoustic Americana, but a Bay tree is much better with Cajun and Zydeco. You also have to be very careful to trim the plants to equal dimension in order not to injure the soundstage. There is a plant that is very good for Grateful Dead music, but unfortunately it is not entirely legal in my state.

Also, make sure your plants match your system. Hardwoods can help lessen the softness of tubes, but can make solid state, especially class D amps, quite shrill.

Oh no miguelito...

You've just ruined my business before it even started.

I can get measurements to back up my product.

;-)

That's for losers... Once you've tried rare plants from the Amazon, watered with a mix of Madonna piss and Vatican water, you'll truly hear the difference... Like a virgin!

Source:

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

davidbeinct

LOL

;-)

Source:

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

They're fairly tough plants that can stand a bit of abuse. They're therefore easy to transport around.

This is most likely the reason. One unscientific reason which is still an unproven theory is that the palms may also serve as some type of antidoe to arrogant show goers and/or reviewers at shows who hog the sweet spot

They exhibit expensive cars surrounded by beautiful girls and they exhibit expensive high-end surrounded by dull plants. Why? Both cars and audio are sinfully out of the common sense limits here. Cars are moving you away as fast as they could, as girls could do. High-end keeps you anchored to your listening position turning you into happy plant?

Oh no miguelito...

You've just ruined my business before it even started.

I can get measurements to back up my product.

;-)

I can get you Madonna's measurements.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I have potted trees I rotate through my music room. Palms are okay for music in general, but you're much better off tailoring the plant to the music. Dwarf fruit trees are great for acoustic Americana, but a Bay tree is much better with Cajun and Zydeco. You also have to be very careful to trim the plants to equal dimension in order not to injure the soundstage. There is a plant that is very good for Grateful Dead music, but unfortunately it is not entirely legal in my state.

Also, make sure your plants match your system. Hardwoods can help lessen the softness of tubes, but can make solid state, especially class D amps, quite shrill.

Post of the week :-)

Yeh, I thought that, he begins as if he's serious and then it quickly get hilarious.

Post of the week :-)

Source:

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

Well, now I need to know. Do I need to go down to my local garden store or what?!?!

Nah! The plants are mostly for decoration. From the pictures above, I don't think the plants are of sufficient density to have any but the most rudimentary acoustic benefit. They do look nice though, and would certainly brighten any room. Of course, they need proper care and proper light or they will die (unless you buy artificial plants) :)

Any plants that I would have would die no matter what I did as I have a black thumb.

George

Nah! The plants are mostly for decoration. From the pictures above, I don't think the plants are of sufficient density to have any but the most rudimentary acoustic benefit. They do look nice though, and would certainly brighten any room. Of course, they need proper care and proper light or they will die (unless you buy artificial plants) :)

Any plants that I would have would die no matter what I did as I have a black thumb.

You never know !

I remember on celular phones beginning banana leafs blocked celular frequencies. In huge plantations they have to implement repeaters above the foliage.

Roch

I agree.Perhaps they are mainly there for the wives that are sometimes dragged along ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020