IGNORED

Why do so many rooms at audio shows have palm plants everywhere?

Microwaves are considerably higher frequency than audio, don't you think? :)

Of course ! Or even the worse WiFi & Bluetooth that are present everywhere.

But my comment was entirely a real anecdote. BTW, a lot of residential home development had to plant threes to partial avoid noise from new highways close to them. Those are 'macro-waves'.

Or maybe the decorative threes are on this listening rooms to avoid the allegedly DSD supra-sonic noise? :)

Roch

Well, most hotel rooms are exceedingly bare and institutionally bland looking. I think everybody is buoyed-up by the greenery!

Who needs greenery ? Why not hire a few hostesses from the Motor shows , then nobody would notice the DSD supra-sonic noise ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Who needs greenery ? Why not hire a few hostesses from the Motor shows , then nobody would notice the DSD supra-sonic noise ?

Now, THAT'S the best idea anybody here has come up with in months! Kudos to you Alex! I say lets put you in charge of all future audio shows!

I daresay that nobody would notice the sound of the components either, especially if the young ladies were in a tastefully suitable stage of undress! :)

George

George

• 2 weeks later...

According to Jim Smith in the Get Better Sound DVD set, the plants (Ficus Trees) work both as diffusors and bass traps at the same time. He goes on to state that he would not choose plants over room treatments but they are effective and a great choice for WAF or when you cannot drill holes in the wall.

Hahaha. What a cracker of a thread. Luv it. :)

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra