IGNORED

Mytek new dac Brooklyn.

I am not familiar with Mac. In my case I use Jriver v22 on a Win 10 PC to serve native DSD256 to the Brooklyn. I make sure the DOP option in jriver settings is off.

OK Thankyou. I really need to know if anyone has got it working to a Roon endpoint. I can only get DSD128 to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

OK Thankyou. I really need to know if anyone has got it working to a Roon endpoint. I can only get DSD128 to work.

How are you sending Native DSD256 to your Brooklyn.

Thanks.

I found Brooklyn is at its best when listen to DSD in native mode using the provided Mytek ASIO driver over USB 2.

If you haven't tried BugHeadEmperor (http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/forum/6-computer-audio/)

as the music player, give it a go. It's a bit challenging especially when you are not a computer person. But the sound quality is better than other players I have tried including JRiver.

PowerConditioning: PS Audio UPC-200; Hdplex 300W

Server: Windows 2019-CORE+AO3+Jriver24/HQPlayer 

Source: Mytek Brooklyn Amp: Audio-GD C501, AVA Set 120

Speakers: Spendor SP2, Tannoy Saturn S10

Desktop: W10+Topping D90+Stax  SRS3100

I found Brooklyn is at its best when listen to DSD in native mode using the provided Mytek ASIO driver over USB 2.

If you haven't tried BugHeadEmperor (http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/forum/6-computer-audio/)

as the music player, give it a go. It's a bit challenging especially when you are not a computer person. But the sound quality is better than other players I have tried including JRiver.

Thanks but the ASIO driver is for windows so no use to me.

No, DoP is just a vehicle for native DSD. It is not converted to PCM at any point, and therefore is "native" DSD. The nomenclature is confusing. When DoP is NOT chosen then some call it direct DSD, but the masses call it native DSD. Hence the confusion. The only issue with DoP (other than getting to higher rates like 512) is the possible overhead and slight decompression/unpacking of the DSD signal riding on PCM. But in most cases it is splitting hairs that are more theoretical than physical. Don;t get me wrong; I want direct DSD when I can (ASIO drivers, UAC2 Linux compatibility, etc). Who wouldn't? It's one less theoretical step and allows for DSD512, for example. But it can bring out a few gremlins too, like pops and clicks if the dac is not ready and muted for the change.

I use a LIPO battery pack to power the Mytek and the sound is significantly better than using my $400 power cord. I have had the Mytek for only a month and am using it as a pre-amp for the time being. My source is the Sony HAP-Z1.

For those who are curious and want to try, less than $100, for a battery pack and a balance charger, is at risk. Some may find it too much work to charge the pack after a few hours of listening.

Clarence

Roon capture.PNG

I don't use a Mac, but I am using a Windows 10 PC and I get native DSD256 with Roon. In Roon make sure you are using the native resolution settings.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33129[/ATTACH]

I don't use a Mac, but I am using a Windows 10 PC and I get native DSD256 with Roon. In Roon make sure you are using the native resolution settings.

Thanks but Roon have informed me that when using a network device such as SoTM this native setting does not appear. The Native option is within the SoTM setup, which I have set.

Does the Mytek Brooklyn support Native DSD256 over USB. I can only get DSD128 to work from a Roon Ready endpoint (SoTM sms200). Source is a Mac.

Thanks.

Good news this problem is now solved and DSD 256 Native is working correctly!I have been on a TeamViewer session with SoTM. They found that a file was missing from the last few updates and the DSD rate and mode were not being set correctly, This should be corrected in the next update, V3.4. Presumably this only affected the Brooklyn.I must say the customer service from SoTM was excellent.Ian

How is the Mytek performing as a Pre?

Arcman, if "fine" is in response to your question, I'd second him. Those who find it wanting may change their mind if they try a good power supply, as I have. In fact, I am impressed by the increase in the sound stage, especially the width, with some of the recordings(try Dark Side of the Moon). But then my previous pre was only a good passive, not a very expensive pre, so they may be right after all.

That's good to hear. I'm thinking of purchasing one and sell my older Peachtree Nova Pre. The Mytek would only be used as a pre until I figure out if I want to go the Integrated amp route or Purchase high quality separate pre and power amp. I have a Yamaha as2100 on my short list. Also, I'm thinking of a used McIntosh amp and a high quality pre. I wish I was loaded. I would just buy everything :)

How is the Mytek performing as a Pre?

Really good imo! And on the plus side you don't have to worry about the loud output and the use of the jumpers to lower it (was a problem for me even with the jumpers in place). I now feed the power amp directly from the Brooklyn, using the analog volume control. Sounds superb.