IGNORED

Mytek new dac Brooklyn.

HELLO TO ALL,

I recently auditioned a oppo ha1/pm1 and it was quite stunning. i do use tidal hifi as my main source and have heard they will introduce mqa soon. im looking for an end game system. does the fact the oppo does not include mqa really such a big deal. if i did go for the new brooklyn can anyone recommend a good pair of headphones around 500 pounds that matches well. any feedback would be great here.

im seriously looking at the brooklyn to compliment a tube amp system i have. its nice to have a quality ss amp too. however i really do not know what headphones may match it. it says its ok with hard to drive cans but that could include too many options and it is very difficult for me to audition first. any ideas for cans around 500 pounds for brooklyn. hi ian i use sierra but have not tried the brooklyn. i'd be shocked if there was an issue here.

It is harder to give you good advice from me because I no longer use headphones but in past I had quite a lot in my live but I had different system.

But I think Brooklyn as preamp or headphone amp can be really even final solution for most "normal people" cannot find better word :D it is that good. I think reason why Mytek call ok with hard to drive headphones because it can add 6watts to low impendence.

500 pounds is around 630 dolars, do not buy new headphones. Look at HiFiMAN HE560 from second hand it sounds very good in all areas I think most planars like quality all in one system and Brooklyn is very dynamic clear piece. Also some Audeze LCD2 from second hand could be good option too, obviously more warmer than HiFiMAN but better mids. I am just bigger fan of planars more than dynamic headphones, it sounds according to me more versatile, accurate and natural and you can not go wrong to use them with quality all in one piece like Brooklyn..

If you are still undecide try write on headfi forum but from what I have seen there is almost zero info about Brooklyn "strangely"

Hi all, I'm looking for some help. I'm trying to connect my Brooklyn directly to my power amplifier. I have it connected using the balanced analog outputs and I am not able to lower the volume. It is extremely loud. I have tried lowering the source volume from the front panel and the control panel as well with no success. Any suggestions?

Couple of questions -

The upsampling to DSD256 that's been mentioned in a future firmware update - this is onboard upsampling, right? This sounds like a very interesting development and suggests there must be quite a bit of untapped processing power on the Brooklyn. Any idea when this could be available? '2017' seems to be the only clue so far.

Also, it's been asked before but I can't see an answer - is the volume remote controllable in analog (attenuation) mode?

Thanks!

I know Marc isn't keen on addons but I think this has really opened up the Brooklyn.....

John Swenson brought up the Topaz isolation transformer and all the associated benefits in the other threads.... Running 2 new Super cap supplies or Vinnie Rossi's new power supply is a bit too expensive and the Topaz needs some expert advice outside my skill and safety level...

I bought a UK balanced Isolation transformer 1.5kv. This worked very well and produced a more open pleasing sound....

I bought a cheap and excellent DC OFFSET filter for transformer hum via poor UK mains and my electrics... My bargin of the year ..Very well made..

This I can assume ...allowed the Isolation transformer to work more efficiently and again a jump in what I hear and more Holographic and space with Deeper Bass....

I took a plunge and bought a surge and common/ differential mode filter plug....

Not as great a jump but has added extra sparkle to my ears...

Again allowing the chain to work more efficiently. .I think. .. Just to supply the Dac Amp....

Expense wise.... £480 all in but this is a foundation if I decide to upgrade later.... and still no where near the cost of a manhattan set up.....

What made me post here is while my Mr Speakers Ethers are being upgraded..It's my old B+W P7'S have come from being OK but a little muted across the range in comparison too something I never knew these could produce in sound quality.....

The lesson being I now know about clean power making a huge difference but the noise filters especially the DC offset filter not killing but allowing me to hear what the Brooklyn can really do...And how bad my power is in my home.....

I only use a small aspect of this pre amp but like Chris review I am glad I have the Brooklyn now it's has revealed its inner beauty......even more than out the box sound...

Michal knows his stuff...

It's nice relistening to my recordings again.....

Any excuse to say hello here.... You people brought me here so if this lesson I have learned helps then great?

Kind regards

Dave?

I will add links if anyone is at least curious. .

Sent from my SM-G900F using Computer Audiophile mobile app

http://www.atlhifi.com/shop/fully-assembled-devices/dc-blocker-trap-filter-assembled-in-case/

It is just superb.... Steel case great connectors cheap as chips. Made by a guy with OCD I think.... I think my random recommendation has wiped his stock.....But I think very well made and cheap goods should be supported. But regardless my airlink is quiet form a low hum and makes my Brooklyn sweeter...

I was the same trying to find something that isn't " Audiophile" approved with a couple of extra £000 on the end... The DC blocker is great.

I would of liked to have got the more expensive conditioning Airlink but my chain is just the Brooklyn and no speakers just headphones.

I got this version:

http://www.airlinktransformers.com/balanced_power_supply/standard_balanced_power_supplies/BPS1500/

in hindsight I should have but though this is more resent tech by isotek but is a little dear....But it's my xmas birthday spend...

http://www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk/mains-conditioners-/329-isotek-evo3-isoplug.html

I may get the cheaper Tacima version also as my gear is on the upstairs ring main.. Not dangerous but my electrics under the floorboards are a bit mad scientist looking.... To see if an extra Spike RFI filter adds anything but the Isotek for me had a positive effect.....

Just remember, I am just a random bloke with little experience...read around ask questions.... Random luck got me here.... Ask the Guy at ATL hifi if you have any queries....

I hope my purchases at least give you some ideas....

Good luck...

Dave

Sent from my SM-G900F using Computer Audiophile mobile app