IGNORED

What is your age?

What is your age and gender (select both)?  

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you want to know how often we have sex too ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Just don't ask me again next year...

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I assume physical age? Because psychologically I am much younger...

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

For now (at 92) I'm just affected by anomie.

Way to go, Roch! And a cool sense of humour to boot too!

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

At last check-up I complained about some pains. Doc said "You're almost at 3/4 of a century - of course you have pains."

I sucked it up, but that's not exactly how I'd encourage a patient. I'd get a new doc, but he's the only one in town.

At last check-up I complained about some pains. Doc said "You're almost at 3/4 of a century - of course you have pains."

I sucked it up, but that's not exactly how I'd encourage a patient. I'd get a new doc, but he's the only one in town.

Cheer up, maybe he'll die before you.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I'm very surprised by the results of this thread!

If it had been a straight audiophile pole, (not geared towards people who are computer savvy), then I would have expected to see the ages weighted towards us older folks. But because the emphasis here is on computer-based audio, I thought the members would have been younger. I didn't even touch my first computer until I was about 30.

im one of the minorities here.

im 29, and a sparky by trade. got bored of basic house/commercial electrical and wanted to get into high end homes. so here i am figuring out how i can be a niche installer who doesnt just sell customers the most expensive parts but can customise to each persons requirements.

proud devialet/vivid audio owner

Perhaps younger folks, more accustomed to convenience over quality (i.e., MP3, Youtube, etc.), are more accepting of inferior sound quality, and we older folks are from a generation to whom sound quality has always mattered (i.e. former readers of Stereo Review, Audio, High Fidelity).

-Bob

Maybe it is simply that, since younger people have a more acute sense of hearing, they don't have to spend as much time reinforcing their imaginary beliefs in unmeasurable differences in audio quality. That, and the fact that Baby Boomers looted the economy and the only thing they can afford is pirated mp3s and a pair of earbuds for their iphones.

Maybe it is simply that, since younger people have a more acute sense of hearing, they don't have to spend as much time reinforcing their imaginary beliefs in unmeasurable differences in audio quality. That, and the fact that Baby Boomers looted the economy and the only thing they can afford is pirated mp3s and a pair of earbuds for their iphones.

Perhaps it is due to oldies no longer having an acute sense of hearing, and NEEDING higher quality in order to help make up for their diminished HF hearing capabilities ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Perhaps it is due to oldies no longer having an acute sense of hearing, and NEEDING higher quality in order to help make up for their diminished HF hearing capabilities ?

I'm 62 and I just don't care about some freq above 12khz. There are many other important things to worry about besides some freq I can't hear anyway. :)

The Truth Is Out There