IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

On a slightly different subject I just replaced my two network cables (NAS to Router and Router to Aurender) from AQ Vodka to the new Nordost Heimdall 2 (1M and 10M). All I can say is now Tidal sounds better particularly the bass but also the overall sound has improved. Doing a A/B with local content streaming still comes in short but the difference now has narrowed considerably. At the time of my upgrade Nordost did not have a network cable so took a shot with AQ in hindsight if I knew they were coming out with a network cable should of waited sure would of saved some $$'s.

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's 

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

Hi just got an Aurender N100H - very pleased with the sound quality, Tidal Conductor etc, but having an issue. I set up the Aurender as a network drive on my Windows PC it worked straight off but I am now getting a message to say it's not accessible: I tried going in manually using the IP address of the Aurender but same result, access denied...

I realise this could be a setting on my PC but all my other network drives are accessible and I just wondered if anyone had had the issue and a possible solution. Thanks

Demoing a W20 ATM, wanting to buy but where is Roon? Come on Aurender my dealer tells me there are so many potential customers who are holding off their Aurender purchase for Roon. I have joined those ranks. Love the sound but would really like the option of running Roon.

Music Sever - Taiko Extreme

DAC's - MSB Select II + Femto 33 Clock + Dual power supplies + Pro USB Module

Amp's - Raal HSA-1bMSB Reference HP Amp, MSB Select Estat Headphone Amp Woo 234 Mono's Elite, Takatsuki 300B, 274B

Headphones - Raal Requisite sr1a, MySphere 3.2, Kennerton Thror's, Stax SR-009 & 009S, Sony MRD-Z1, Abyss Phi TC, Audeze LCD-4, 24 & 4Z, Focal Utopia, HiFiMan Susvara

Cables - DHC OPUS HP, Stage III Gorgon XLR's + Xphynx USB

Power - Shunyata Triton V3 & Typhon QR + Sigma PC's Isolation - HRS SXR Ref Stand + MX3R Isolation Bases

Demoing a W20 ATM, wanting to buy but where is Roon? Come on Aurender my dealer tells me there are so many potential customers who are holding off their Aurender purchase for Roon. I have joined those ranks. Love the sound but would really like the option of running Roon.

I heard Aurender don't rate Roon SQ..

That maybe, but we as customers would like the choice at least give us that. My wife really struggles with he AUrender APpp not so with Roon which she enjoys using and finding new music with.

Music Sever - Taiko Extreme

DAC's - MSB Select II + Femto 33 Clock + Dual power supplies + Pro USB Module

Amp's - Raal HSA-1bMSB Reference HP Amp, MSB Select Estat Headphone Amp Woo 234 Mono's Elite, Takatsuki 300B, 274B

Headphones - Raal Requisite sr1a, MySphere 3.2, Kennerton Thror's, Stax SR-009 & 009S, Sony MRD-Z1, Abyss Phi TC, Audeze LCD-4, 24 & 4Z, Focal Utopia, HiFiMan Susvara

Cables - DHC OPUS HP, Stage III Gorgon XLR's + Xphynx USB

Power - Shunyata Triton V3 & Typhon QR + Sigma PC's Isolation - HRS SXR Ref Stand + MX3R Isolation Bases

Then I suggest e-mailing Aurender with your wishes:

[email protected]

"TVLogic is always striving to make new innovative products and improve our existing products. Your suggestions, comments and feedback are valued and always welcome."

Certainly, dealers have a lot of input to Aurender but Aurender also seems very interested in individual and potential customers. I've always gotten a reply within a day or two.

Steve

VPI-HW40 Anniversary turntable, Grado Aeon3 cartridge; Teres turntable, VPI Fatboy gimbal, Dynavector XV1-S, Lyra Helikon mono; Taiko Audio Extreme server, dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler Plus and Clock, Cybershaft OP21 Reference Clock; Playback Designs Pinot ADC; D'Agostino Momentum M400 amplifiers, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono stage; Wilson Audio Alexx speakers, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofers; Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR & Typhon, Shunyata Sigma NR & Alpha NR power cords, Sigma interconnects, digital and speaker cables; Stillpoints ESS grid system rack; Stillpoints Ultras and Ultra 5s, component stands and cones under everything, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots and lots of music.

Patience, Grasshopper :-)

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

Patience, Grasshopper :-)

Do you know something we don't?

It would be good to have a definitive answer to the question on Roon and MQA from Aurender. I have emailed them several times on this subject and always get an answer suggesting they might be looking at it but nothing definitive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It would be good to have a definitive answer to the question on Roon and MQA from Aurender.

Hi kblundy,

don’t believe the hype!

I guess most of the current aurender users value the fact that the marketing/design team don’t follow all the nice to have wishes/features quickly compromising SW stability.

We know what we already have… and this is excellent. Anyway, if something new has been proven in practice, why not implement it too.

mabe

Do you know something we don't?

It would be good to have a definitive answer to the question on Roon and MQA from Aurender. I have emailed them several times on this subject and always get an answer suggesting they might be looking at it but nothing definitive.

Same answer from me. For MQA you'll probably want to look more at your DAC supporting it.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

I suspect nobody has an immediate answer to this, but as I consider upgrading my 2009 MacBook Pro using iTunes, I’m hoping someone will run an experiment for me. I am totally blind and use Apple’s Voiceover to read the screen. iTunes works very well as an interface to select and play music. However, I am looking to upgrade the sound quality of the music and the Aurender systems look like an excellent choice. What I am wondering is whether the Conductor app on the iPad works with Voiceover.

For anyone willing to try, go to Settings, General, Accessibility and turn Voiceover on. Now your iPad will act very strangely in terms of tapping the screen; where a sighted user just touches any button, the blind user can move a finger around the screen to find the desired button and then tap anywhere on the screen to activate an item.

I am hoping someone will turn on Voiceover and then go to the Conductor app. Moving your finger around the screen, can you “read” the information presented?

Glad to discuss off-line if anyone is willing to try.

Thanks so much

Ray

MBP13-128gb ssd using VoiceOver to hear the screen, iTunes, Ayre QB-9, McIntosh mx119 & mc207, Thiel CS2.4

I suspect nobody has an immediate answer to this, but as I consider upgrading my 2009 MacBook Pro using iTunes, I’m hoping someone will run an experiment for me. I am totally blind and use Apple’s Voiceover to read the screen. iTunes works very well as an interface to select and play music. However, I am looking to upgrade the sound quality of the music and the Aurender systems look like an excellent choice. What I am wondering is whether the Conductor app on the iPad works with Voiceover.

For anyone willing to try, go to Settings, General, Accessibility and turn Voiceover on. Now your iPad will act very strangely in terms of tapping the screen; where a sighted user just touches any button, the blind user can move a finger around the screen to find the desired button and then tap anywhere on the screen to activate an item.

I am hoping someone will turn on Voiceover and then go to the Conductor app. Moving your finger around the screen, can you “read” the information presented?

Glad to discuss off-line if anyone is willing to try.

Thanks so much

Ray

Took a few minutes to get Voiceover working but the Aurender app does work properly. I tried a few different screen settings and as I moved my finger over picture art or text in list mode the voice's information was correct. But things seemed to hang after the first selection. Scrolling my finger over a button works as far as voiceover is concerned but I wasn't able to select an item and play it unless I tapped it numerous time in a row. But this was the first time I used this feature.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Thanks so much for trying. I'm guessing that the reason it doesn't work smoothly is likely the fact that you haven't used Voiceover before - it takes some getting familiar with how to double tap to activate a button. The very good news is that it is reading aloud from the screen - some programs don't work at all.

And how do you like the X100 - that's the unit I'm considering.

MBP13-128gb ssd using VoiceOver to hear the screen, iTunes, Ayre QB-9, McIntosh mx119 & mc207, Thiel CS2.4

Thanks so much for trying. I'm guessing that the reason it doesn't work smoothly is likely the fact that you haven't used Voiceover before - it takes some getting familiar with how to double tap to activate a button. The very good news is that it is reading aloud from the screen - some programs don't work at all.

And how do you like the X100 - that's the unit I'm considering.

I am thoroughly enjoying the X100. Great sound and rock solid operation. The newer model, N100, doesn't have the large HDDs but are said to sound a bit better. If you have a NAS, this may be an option for you.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Thanks for checking Tidal too. That is also on my list to explore.

This info is getting me closer to an Aurender.

Appreciate all the time you spent giving this a try.

Ray

The Aurender Composer app has what seems to me like a hidden feature: lyrics.

I say "hidden," because when I search the app's PDF guide for the term "lyric" nothing comes up.

Here's how it works:

• When a track is playing, tap the track's cover (small, on the upper left side) to make it full-screen on your iPad.
  • Then tap the full-screen cover.
  • If there are lyrics in the track's metadata, they will then appear over the full-screen cover image.

Pretty simple, yes?

And to get the lyrics into any track's metadata is a question of using your tagging-and-editing application to insert them.

For me, that's iTunes (which works well all the time for me for PCM music tagging and editing, but that's another post).

And I simply have searched for lyrics online, and then I do a copy-and-paste into the track's Lyrics field.

If you have more questions about this, just post them and I'll be glad to, will try to, help.

Smiles,

Dave, who has now given himself more music library editing work and will likely next add lyrics to his pretty much complete collection of Natalie Merchant songs since her website has the full lyrics and so that means they're easy to get

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Aurender Composer app has what seems to me like a hidden feature: lyrics.

I say "hidden," because when I search the app's PDF guide for the term "lyric" nothing comes up.

Here's how it works:

• When a track is playing, tap the track's cover (small, on the upper left side) to make it full-screen on your iPad.
  • Then tap the full-screen cover.
  • If there are lyrics in the track's metadata, they will then appear over the full-screen cover image.

Pretty simple, yes?

And to get the lyrics into any track's metadata is a question of using your tagging-and-editing application to insert them.

For me, that's iTunes (which works well all the time for me for PCM music tagging and editing, but that's another post).

And I simply have searched for lyrics online, and then I do a copy-and-paste into the track's Lyrics field.

If you have more questions about this, just post them and I'll be glad to, will try to, help.

Smiles,

Dave, who has now given himself more music library editing work and will likely next add lyrics to his pretty much complete collection of Natalie Merchant songs since her website has the full lyrics and so that means they're easy to get

Neat and thank you for the tip.

Neat and thank you for the tip.

I'll have to try that! Thanks Cycleman / Jim

McIntosh MX151, McIntosh MC452 (L&R), McIntosh MC303, Revel Ultima Salon 2's (L&R), Revel Ultima Voice 2 (Centre), Revel Ultima Gem 2 (Rears), McIntosh MC452 (Second Zone - 2 Channel), Revel Ultima Gem 2 (Second Zone), MIT Magnum MA (Interconnects/XLR's), Audience AU24e (Speaker Cables), Furutech Evolution Digital AES/EBU, Aurender N10 (Music Server), Oppo BD95 (Blu-ray), Nordost QX4 (Mains Purifier), Quantum Base QB8 (Power Distribution),

Nordost Blue Heaven (Power Leads),

Billy Bags (Cracked Glass, AV Rack)

~

Hi just got an Aurender N100H - very pleased with the sound quality, Tidal Conductor etc, but having an issue. I set up the Aurender as a network drive on my Windows PC it worked straight off but I am now getting a message to say it's not accessible: I tried going in manually using the IP address of the Aurender but same result, access denied...

I realise this could be a setting on my PC but all my other network drives are accessible and I just wondered if anyone had had the issue and a possible solution. Thanks

This same issue and similar Windows (10) mapped drive issues keep happening to me constantly!

One day everything works perfectly fine (i.e. adding or tag editing within the mapped local drive), than all of a sudden, my Windows (10) PC cannot find the drive or will not give me access, etc.

Also sometimes anything I do within the mapped drive (add new album or tag edit, etc.) within the mapped drive will work but become extremely slow (like take 3 hours to copy and paste 1 new album)?

Last night, it would not let me delete an album, it kept saying I did not have administrative rights??

Any thoughts??

Also, I keep "losing" my playlists within the iPad App and onscreen display. The Title of the playlist remains, but there will suddenly be no songs remaining within the playlist ( this happens randomly to some of them, but not all of them)?

Maybe you're using fixed IP addresses or expecting same on Windows systems. When the Aurender exports the drives are they being given unique and constant IP addresses? Any reboots on the Aurender side may cause IP address changes. When Windows attempts to mount a fixed address that's no longer there, that will certainly cause problems. Could be a crapshoot, especially if every system is using DHCP and allowing that server to dole out IP addresses. Just guessing...

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

I've found an excellent, and really inexpensive meta data editor, that's especially great in finding and tagging cover art. It's called Yate.

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

Hi I have an N100H: I would like to attach a USB drive to it - it's not clear to me however whether I can attach and play different drives - i.e. Plug one in, play, Remove, plug in another and play.

As these are temporary solutions I don't need to run AMM but it would be interesting to know if this can be run on different drives.

thanks for your help

Mine worked well with a WD 1TB USB drive before moving to NAS, but I think you can only have one at a time, never tried hot swapping.

Hi I have an N100H: I would like to attach a USB drive to it - it's not clear to me however whether I can attach and play different drives - i.e. Plug one in, play, Remove, plug in another and play.

As these are temporary solutions I don't need to run AMM but it would be interesting to know if this can be run on different drives.

thanks for your help

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen