IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Have you tried putting in the full network path in AMM, i.e. mine would be:

\\192.168.10.15\media\FLAC

Also, even though my NAS folders are set to allow access without a password, I still have to enter the NAS Admin Username and Password in AMM to connect.

dear r_w,

how does one input manually the \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\sharename in AMM 3.2.0 ? There is no facility for it. When you click add a share, AMM bring out another screen which just list - NAS SERVERS ON MY NETWORK and SHARES IN NAS. It's the same for the PC as well

The funny things is - the Aurender unit successfully mounted the NAS share via the Aurender IPAD app

I'm sure in the older version(s) of AMM you could paste a path. Problem is mine is found so I can't replicate your problem. I feel your pain and want to help.

So you are mapping a NAS share as a network drive? If so I wonder, does AMM have permissions to access the share? Can you run AMM as an Administrator, is the shared folder password protected or public, is the mapped drive protected in any way?

When I first mapped my shared folder I needed to authenticate connection to it using the NAS admin account and password, if I right click the mapped drive and click properties > security I have 'everyone' and 'administrator' listed for access... the administrator account listed has the NAS admin login in brackets after it.

The Aurender (Linux) is probably using a different method of connecting than PC (possibly Mac too - I'm not a Mac guy but very proficient with PC), that's probably why it works. Also is Windows file sharing enabled on the NAS, most have 3 types, Mac, Windows and NFS that need to be ticked.

Seems extremely odd that it's doesn't work for you on either Mac or PC, that would lead to some kind of permissions issue on the NAS. IT is great when it works but is so frustrating when silly illogical stuff like this crops up.

dear r_w,

how does one input manually the \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\sharename in AMM 3.2.0 ? There is no facility for it. When you click add a share, AMM bring out another screen which just list - NAS SERVERS ON MY NETWORK and SHARES IN NAS. It's the same for the PC as well

The funny things is - the Aurender unit successfully mounted the NAS share via the Aurender IPAD app

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

I'm sure in the older version(s) of AMM you could paste a path. Problem is mine is found so I can't replicate your problem. I feel your pain and want to help.

So you are mapping a NAS share as a network drive? If so I wonder, does AMM have permissions to access the share? Can you run AMM as an Administrator, is the shared folder password protected or public, is the mapped drive protected in any way?

When I first mapped my shared folder I needed to authenticate connection to it using the NAS admin account and password, if I right click the mapped drive and click properties > security I have 'everyone' and 'administrator' listed for access... the administrator account listed has the NAS admin login in brackets after it.

The Aurender (Linux) is probably using a different method of connecting than PC (possibly Mac too - I'm not a Mac guy but very proficient with PC), that's probably why it works. Also is Windows file sharing enabled on the NAS, most have 3 types, Mac, Windows and NFS that need to be ticked.

Seems extremely odd that it's doesn't work for you on either Mac or PC, that would lead to some kind of permissions issue on the NAS. IT is great when it works but is so frustrating when silly illogical stuff like this crops up.

Thanks for your input. Linux uses SAMBA. I setup a entire isolated LAN with only the switch, aurender unit, mac and pc. AMM 3.2.0 on both mac and pc failed to list the NAS while all other application sees and mounted the samba share aka NAS share successfully. I am very sure its not a network or a NAS problem at all. Most likely some API calls that the AMM 3.2.0 makes.

Lets hope the coming week bring better results from aurender support - meanwhile the aurender is now 1/2 bricked....0.5 works for tidal...0.5 does not work for my NAS...:)

I feel that aurender has taken a step back with AMM 3.2.0 trying too hard to automate things. Automation is one thing but when it fails, at least give the user an option to manually do things!!!!

Anyone facing the same issue with AMM 3.2.0 on PC/MAC ?

OK, but if the N100 can see the NAS share then you can use 'Folders' in Conductor to browse and access all of your music as normal, the only thing you won't get is meta and album covers, not such a big deal for a short term fix.

I used folders extensively before I got a iPad Mini.

Thanks for your input. Linux uses SAMBA. I setup a entire isolated LAN with only the switch, aurender unit, mac and pc. AMM 3.2.0 on both mac and pc failed to list the NAS while all other application sees and mounted the samba share aka NAS share successfully. I am very sure its not a network or a NAS problem at all. Most likely some API calls that the AMM 3.2.0 makes.

Lets hope the coming week bring better results from aurender support - meanwhile the aurender is now 1/2 bricked....0.5 works for tidal...0.5 does not work for my NAS...:)

Anyone facing the same issue with AMM 3.2.0 on PC/MAC ?

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

Source:

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

Nice N100H at audiostream.com

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Good review and if he had have optically isolated his LAN using FMC's with LPS and run it through an Intona feeding a W4S recovery, he really would have been in sonic nirvana.

I would love to hear the above setup compared to servers; double, triple, quad, etc... times the price.

This little thing is incredible when used in an optimised environment!

;-)

Nice N100H at audiostream.com

Source:

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

Any updates on Roon for Aurender's yet?

JC

No. They are looking into it seriously, but no promises. If and when it happens, you'll hear about it right away.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

Does the new app update seem slow when selected. It seems to take a few extra seconds for album art to display.

Yes, It may only be a few seconds but its one of those things I found so great about the Aurender, was its instant access. To be honest it seems slightly slower full stop, selecting "most recently added" seems slower also. Im using a 3rd gen iPad if this is significant.

Yes, the Conductor app also seemed slower to me. That was most noticeable when coming back to the app after viewing another app.

But I found a solution...YES.

Simple: I deleted the app -- version 2.5 -- from both my iPad and from iTunes on my computer, where I update and backup the iPad.

Then I re-installed previous version 2.2.13 on the computer, then on to the iPad.

And the earlier version is definitely faster, both when using and when returning to it after viewing another app on the iPad.

Also, the earlier version seems fully compatible with the latest iteration of the Aurender OS -- version 4.4.58.

I write "seems" because I do not use Tidal, so have nothing to report there.

So, are upgrades always "upgrades"?

Dave, who always saves multiple versions of various music apps both for iOS and OS X separately in folders before making changes just in case he needs to go back as in this instance

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wondering if anyone else has experienced the following: after an update to the WiFi access point (reboot typically happens) the Aurender does not have the original/last IP address though everything else that's WiFi connected is working as before? Resolution is to have the Aurender Conductor app "find" the Aurender server again and add it again with it's new IP address. Seems to me that the Aurender is not following the correct DHCP conventions with the Access Point. Should request a renew rather than release of the IP it had, so it's not given a whole new IP address.

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

Wondering if anyone else has experienced the following: after an update to the WiFi access point (reboot typically happens) the Aurender does not have the original/last IP address though everything else that's WiFi connected is working as before?

Hi Steve,

yes...experienced same issue. Asked myself already if something might be wrong with my WiFi network....

Hopefully Aurender R&D will change/solve it soon.

Manfred

mabe

Wondering if anyone else has experienced the following: after an update to the WiFi access point (reboot typically happens) the Aurender does not have the original/last IP address though everything else that's WiFi connected is working as before? Resolution is to have the Aurender Conductor app "find" the Aurender server again and add it again with it's new IP address. Seems to me that the Aurender is not following the correct DHCP conventions with the Access Point. Should request a renew rather than release of the IP it had, so it's not given a whole new IP address.

I think it has always been like that. It is irritating but I never got around to reporting it. Once the music starts...:)

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Hi Steve,

yes...experienced same issue. Asked myself already if something might be wrong with my WiFi network....

Hopefully Aurender R&D will change/solve it soon.

Manfred

I've experienced similar problems lately when my router died. I temporarily replaced it with one loaned to me by a friend and, two weeks later bought a new high end router. In both instances, the Aurender seemed unable to connect to the network, initially, and also had problems seeing the NAS. I had a friend who is a network engineer over to check things out. The network could see the Aurender, and could see the NAS, but the Aurender had issues with both until powered down, and back up a number of times, and manually helping it find things..

His comment was that Aurender clearly had DHCP issues, at a minimum.

JC

Have traded a number of emails with Eric of Aurender support. I explained the symptoms. It is the only client in my network that "loses" its IP address if something goes awry with the access point (reboot after update, for instance, just confirmed this happened with my Eero mesh network access points).

He agreed that it appears to be something amiss in how the Aurender is handling the DHCP process. Normally if a device/client loses its connection with a WiFi access point it sends a DHCPREQUEST to the access point which should simply reissue a lease extension of the existing client IP address. However, it may well be that the Aurender is instead sending a DHCPRELEASE which is accepted by the access point. That has the effect of wiping out any history of the Aurender's IP. Then the access point is providing a new IP address, likely due to a following DHCPREQUEST.

He's working with the folks responsible for coding this stuff to see if they can verify this as the root cause, of if something else is happening.

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

Can you not give it a fixed IP in Conductor to override DHCP?

I can't remember how I did mine, possibly I set DHCP to always assign the same IP to the MAC on the router, but usually there is a way to configure the device to fixed IP 'in the box'?

Edit, just looked and I can't see a way to fix the IP 'in the box', only change its network name, better if you could set it in 'NAS Share'.

Source:

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

Can you not give it a fixed IP in Conductor to override DHCP?

I can't remember how I did mine, possibly I set DHCP to always assign the same IP to the MAC on the router, but usually there is a way to configure the device to fixed IP 'in the box'?

Edit, just looked and I can't see a way to fix the IP 'in the box', only change its network name, better if you could set it in 'NAS Share'.

What I eventually did was set up on my access point what is called an IP Reservation. You can also find and change the IP address on the Aurender by opening your browser and entering http://ipaddress of Aurender/network (for example http://192.168.1.12/network) and changing IP Type from DHCP to Static IP. Then be sure to enter a valid address for the network you're on, use the same gateway and subnet mask that has been working so far. Because you're making this change directly to the Aurender it's dangerous. Putting in an address that's either .1 or .255 is flat out wrong, and using an address already in use in your network is another no-go. And if you're even considering this approach it's still best to fence off this address or a range so that the access point's DHCP function doesn't try and give away the Aurender address by "mistake". That's why the guys at Aurender won't recommend this option.

Steve Schaffer

OK, looks like you've done it the right way then, same as me... set DHCP to reserve (fix) the same IP for the N10s MAC address.

Didn't know you could browse config pages on the Aurenders, I wonder what other pages exist?

What I eventually did was set up on my access point what is called an IP Reservation. You can also find and change the IP address on the Aurender by opening your browser and entering http://ipaddress of Aurender/network (for example http://192.168.1.12/network) and changing IP Type from DHCP to Static IP. Then be sure to enter a valid address for the network you're on, use the same gateway and subnet mask that has been working so far. Because you're making this change directly to the Aurender it's dangerous. Putting in an address that's either .1 or .255 is flat out wrong, and using an address already in use in your network is another no-go. And if you're even considering this approach it's still best to fence off this address or a range so that the access point's DHCP function doesn't try and give away the Aurender address by "mistake". That's why the guys at Aurender won't recommend this option.

Source:

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

I'm pretty new to Aurender. I think I've got all my kinks worked out. I have an airport express in my garage sending signal to a small amp and speakers. I queued up some music on my phone and opened AirPlay. What do know, my n100 was on the list. It works !! I doubt I'll use it but it's there.

Yep, Airplay compatibility is handy in particular for internet radio.

I was originally disappointed that Aurender didn't have a radio feature built in (such as Auralic Aries) but having Airplay means you can send pretty much anything to it from a compatible device, so you can use the radio app of your choice.

;-)

Source:

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

• 2 weeks later...

As the title says my Aurender has disappeared from my network.

When I got up this morning the Aurender was still playing the playlist I was listening to last night. When I tried to access it with my iPad, the iPad couldn't connect, so I power cycled the iPad--no change. Tried another iPad--no difference. Soft and hard power cycled the Aurender with no effect. Unplugged/plugged the Ethernet cables. My HAL music server is connected to the same wireless router as the Aurender and I can see it on the network from my desktop, but I can't see the Aurender from my desktop, the HAL, or my iPads.

The front panel of the Aurender does not show an IP address.

Thanks in advance.

AC

I've just copied my files to my N100h. A lot of meta-data from my iTune AIFF files are missing. Anyone have any experiences with how to capture lost metadata files?

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos PhoenixNet Switch>Muon Pro ethernet cable>Muon Pro>Grimm Mu2>AudioQuest Dragon XLR>NAD M23> Falcon 2024 Limited Edition LS35a & REL T7Xi sub. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite SX powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner W/Ground Master City.

Not sure about the N100h, but on the S10 there is a function on the menu to scan for metadata, either complete, or for new additions. I've noticed that it takes several attempts to fully populate things, and I still have a few titles that are missing album covers (although the other metadata are there).