IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

JC (@TubeLover),

I'm a big believer in static IP addresses -- that way you always know where your devices are.

If you did not do so, go into your NAS and set it up with a static IP address. Then go into the N100 and put that IP address in for the NAS. You should be good to go.

Thanks for the help. However, everything has been set up with static IP's all along, and I'm obviously still having the problem.

JC

"Fortunately, I can listen to Tidal, but really want my NAS back, and working with the Aurender."

Apparently that was wishful thinking. While, if I sign into Tidal on my iPad in the Aurender app, I can bring it up, and select music, the Aurender does not enable any way to actually play it. Which means I am left with no music in the house. With the weekend now here, thats painful to contemplate until I can get things fixed, somehow. Help!

JC

Hi,

Do you know if Aurender plan to add a convolver engine in the futur?

Not to my knowledge. You could probably do that with some other software, save it to disk, and copy it to the Aurender if that's your thing. I prefer music that's as the artists intended.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

Got it, thanks for posting. AMM needed to run again for some reason, but it appears to be working ok.

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

Does the new app update seem slow when selected. It seems to take a few extra seconds for album art to display.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Has anyone face any problems with the new 3.2.0 AMM on a Mac 10.9.5 ? I have just updated the AMM today and boy, did i regret it!!

1. Can't detect my NAS (I have made sure the NAS is up and is accessible and made sure it was a SMB and not AFP connection- I am a IT geek so I KNOW it's all good with my NAS)

2. The AMM 3.2.0 will and cannot do a graceful exit. I get a dump when the application exits :(

3. The USB drives works.

And the worst part? I can't get anymore album and songs uploaded through my NAS :( A real bummer

Let's see what Aurender says.

Other than that...the n100 and the amm has been really good to me.

Hi Ray,

I'm totally blind, too. When I approached the good folks in the Aurender room at the 2015 RMAF, they saw my cane and said that their Conductor app works very well with Voice-Over. As this was the opposite message I got from the also fine folks at Roon (and almost everyone else), I had to grin :) So I now have the N100H, which I can use just fine. (Although I can no longer find the button to switch over to the Tidal part of the app after the Mar 1 Conductor update.)

Good luck -

Brian.

I suspect nobody has an immediate answer to this, but as I consider upgrading my 2009 MacBook Pro using iTunes, I’m hoping someone will run an experiment for me. I am totally blind and use Apple’s Voiceover to read the screen. iTunes works very well as an interface to select and play music. However, I am looking to upgrade the sound quality of the music and the Aurender systems look like an excellent choice. What I am wondering is whether the Conductor app on the iPad works with Voiceover.

For anyone willing to try, go to Settings, General, Accessibility and turn Voiceover on. Now your iPad will act very strangely in terms of tapping the screen; where a sighted user just touches any button, the blind user can move a finger around the screen to find the desired button and then tap anywhere on the screen to activate an item.

I am hoping someone will turn on Voiceover and then go to the Conductor app. Moving your finger around the screen, can you “read” the information presented?

Glad to discuss off-line if anyone is willing to try.

Thanks so much

Ray

Rockport Altairs, D'Agostino Integrated, DCS Vivaldi, Aurender N10, Transparent/HRS/Nordost.

Is it possible to use the previous version of AMM instead?

Dave

Has anyone face any problems with the new 3.2.0 AMM on a Mac 10.9.5 ? I have just updated the AMM today and boy, did i regret it!!

1. Can't detect my NAS (I have made sure the NAS is up and is accessible and made sure it was a SMB and not AFP connection- I am a IT geek so I KNOW it's all good with my NAS)

2. The AMM 3.2.0 will and cannot do a graceful exit. I get a dump when the application exits :(

3. The USB drives works.

And the worst part? I can't get anymore album and songs uploaded through my NAS :( A real bummer

Let's see what Aurender says.

Other than that...the n100 and the amm has been really good to me.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

Two friends ran into this same issue I think. One got assistance from Aurender.

Problem was that there was a delay in AMM mounting the SMB share. Suggestion was to mount it using the mount_smbfs command in Terminal.

I wonder if his was a case of slow name resolution. Maybe mounting the NAS in AMM using the IP address instead of the name might help.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Question about transferring music from my Macintosh computer to an Aurender's internal drive...which of these two choices might be faster?

(1) Mounting the Aurender's internal drive on my Mac computer's desktop, and simply dragging and dropping album artist folders in the Finder.

Note that the Aurender is connected to my home network using a 25-foot BJC Ethernet cord, at gigabit speed through my Apple Extreme router.

(2) Connecting a fast Samsung SSD with the music files, sorted out in the folder structure that's I will put on the Aurender, using the latter's USB input.

Note that the SSD is installed in an OWC enclosure.

Opinions welcomed.

True-life experiences even more welcomed.

Dave, who leans to choice number one but...

Music is love, made audible.

Does the new app update seem slow when selected. It seems to take a few extra seconds for album art to display.

Yes, It may only be a few seconds but its one of those things I found so great about the Aurender, was its instant access. To be honest it seems slightly slower full stop, selecting "most recently added" seems slower also. Im using a 3rd gen iPad if this is significant.

Yes, It may only be a few seconds but its one of those things I found so great about the Aurender, was its instant access. To be honest it seems slightly slower full stop, selecting "most recently added" seems slower also. Im using a 3rd gen iPad if this is significant.

I look forward to updates but they always bring problems. Software changes = new bugs or problems.:(

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Got an email from Aurender support. Requested to do recovery. All went well with that process. But...the ipad app requested me to update to the latest server software 5.3.96, I am still trying...can't seem to download the lastest version. I am on ver 5.3.78

AMM still can't see my NAS, AMM still cannot do a graceful exit.....

BIG MISTAKE.....should have waited at least a month before upgrading - just to make sure everything is stable.

Now my Aurender is almost a BRICK!!! :(

Credit where is due, this is the first problem i had with updating aurender software.

Hope this get solve quickly!!

See if this helps: AURENDER - Reference Music System (if you're on a Mac)

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

Do you own a windows PC or laptop? If so install AMM on that as a temporary solution... I have the last 4 windows releases if you need them.

Got an email from Aurender support. Requested to do recovery. All went well with that process. But...the ipad app requested me to update to the latest server software 5.3.96, I am still trying...can't seem to download the lastest version. I am on ver 5.3.78

AMM still can't see my NAS, AMM still cannot do a graceful exit.....

BIG MISTAKE.....should have waited at least a month before upgrading - just to make sure everything is stable.

Now my Aurender is almost a BRICK!!! :(

Credit where is due, this is the first problem i had with updating aurender software.

Hope this get solve quickly!!

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

Do you own a windows PC or laptop? If so install AMM on that as a temporary solution... I have the last 4 windows releases if you need them.

Thanks r_w for your kind offer. I might take your offer if the issue is not sorted out by end next. I can get hold of a PC if need be :)

Two friends ran into this same issue I think. One got assistance from Aurender.

Problem was that there was a delay in AMM mounting the SMB share. Suggestion was to mount it using the mount_smbfs command in Terminal.

I wonder if his was a case of slow name resolution. Maybe mounting the NAS in AMM using the IP address instead of the name might help.

Thanks for the input. There is no option in AMM in MAC to mount using ip address. hell, there is not even a manual option to mount to start with....:(

I will try the mount-smbfs

thanks

Borrowed my friend's extra notebook to use AMM for PC. Brand new win 7 installed. Updated all patches.

1. AMM installed fine

2. Map drive to NAS works Fine.

3. AMM still cannot detect the NAS

4. This was on a isolated LAN with only the PC, Aurender unit and NAS.

For the MAC - I have confirm in terminal that the NAS is mounted via the mount command. Yet, AMM is still not listing that mount point aka NAS.

This is not going to have a happy ending...:(

Have you tried putting in the full network path in AMM, i.e. mine would be:

\\192.168.10.15\media\FLAC

Also, even though my NAS folders are set to allow access without a password, I still have to enter the NAS Admin Username and Password in AMM to connect.

Borrowed my friend's extra notebook to use AMM for PC. Brand new win 7 installed. Updated all patches.

1. AMM installed fine

2. Map drive to NAS works Fine.

3. AMM still cannot detect the NAS

4. This was on a isolated LAN with only the PC, Aurender unit and NAS.

This is not going to have a happy ending...:(

Source:

Control:

Playback:

Misc: