IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

I was wondering if anyone has implemented an ethernet wireless bridge adapter with their Aurender product. I have a N10 server and unfortunately I don't have convenient access to a hardwired ethernet connection so I need to implement a solution that connects to the ethernet port and support a WiFi signal.

I purchased an IO Gear ethernet wireless adapter and plugged it into my N10 and the unit wasn't able to recognize or log in to my WiFi network. Please keep in mind that this WiFi connection is only being used to support the remote control from the Conductor iOS app on the iPad. Is there anything special which needs to be done on the N10 to properly recognize this device?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Tracy

I was wondering if anyone has implemented an ethernet wireless bridge adapter with their Aurender product. I have a N10 server and unfortunately I don't have convenient access to a hardwired ethernet connection so I need to implement a solution that connects to the ethernet port and support a WiFi signal.

I purchased an IO Gear ethernet wireless adapter and plugged it into my N10 and the unit wasn't able to recognize or log in to my WiFi network. Please keep in mind that this WiFi connection is only being used to support the remote control from the Conductor iOS app on the iPad. Is there anything special which needs to be done on the N10 to properly recognize this device?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Tracy

Does the device work with a different component?

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Yes. Album cover still there.

A FULL clean scan? Are you also using a NAS?

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

New problem: When I have one track playing and I try to add another or more, they are only briefly added to the que, then disappear. Adding an album - same thing it just will not "stick" to the list. Any ideas?

I had the same problem when trying to select a track with the Album/Genre etc category button, after scan with the Windows AMM version, with new scan with the Apple AMM program it works fine.

With Folder browsing there was no problem.

I noticed that after adding a track to the active queue, all tracks disappear for about a second. Flash off then flash on and stay on.

Linear Power Supply for Aurender X100L

Four days ago I received and installed into my X100L Kenneth Lau’s 100 watt linear power supply which is custom-made for the Aurender. Installation was quick and easy—no soldering or other electrical skills required—basically it’s unplug the old and connect the new supply, which is a standalone box about the size of the Aurender. Kenneth supplied photos and instructions for the procedure, which is easily reversible.

I was delighted, enthralled, and excited by the new installation. The occasional high end glare is gone—one of the artifacts of the switching supply original to the Aurender. The music plays with grace, intensity, nuance, and beautiful timing as required, into a deep ultra quiet soundstage The bass has substance and weight without bloat. I've not had better sound or satisfaction with my system.

Kenneth Lau (User Name la1209) has a thread on the Buy and Sell forum on this site, by special permission from Chris Connaker. Post number 79 in that thread has a photo of the innards of the Signature Edition supply that I purchased.

Qobuz via Aurender N10 > Devialet Expert Pro > Audio Physic Avantera

@Fitz,

Good job,

I saw a review in Korea (google translate) that praised his LPS with the X100. Shame they (Aurender) don't do a fancy external LPS as a legitimate upgrade for all models.

LPS is why I went with the N100 (+ I wanted no internal discs).

;-)

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

@Fitz,

Good job,

I saw a review in Korea (google translate) that praised his LPS with the X100. Shame they (Aurender) don't do a fancy external LPS as a legitimate upgrade for all models.

LPS is why I went with the N100 (+ I wanted no internal discs).

;-)

Agreed, I would certainly like to purchase one for my Aurender N100 if it were available.

JC

The range would look great as an optional two box solution (similar casework for the LPS).

:-)

Agreed, I would certainly like to purchase one for my Aurender N100 if it were available.

JC

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

JC

But your N100 has a LPS. Do you mean that you want an upgraded LPS?

Linear Power Supply for Aurender X100L

Four days ago I received and installed into my X100L Kenneth Lau’s 100 watt linear power supply which is custom-made for t,he Aurender. Installation was quick and easy—no soldering or other electrical skills required—basically it’s unplug the old and connect the new supply, which is a standalone box about the size of the Aurender. Kenneth supplied photos and instructions for the procedure, which is easily reversible.

I was delighted, enthralled, and excited by the new installation. The occasional high end glare is gone—one of the artifacts of the switching supply original to the Aurender. The music plays with grace, intensity, nuance, and beautiful timing as required, into a deep ultra quiet soundstage The bass has substance and weight without bloat. I've not had better sound or satisfaction with my system.

Kenneth Lau (User Name la1209) has a thread on the Buy and Sell forum on this site, by special permission from Chris Connaker. Post number 79 in that thread has a photo of the innards of the Signature Edition supply that I purchased.

I thought about this but decided against it since it would negate the two year warranty.

But your N100 has a LPS. Do you mean that you want an upgraded LPS?

Based on what I've heard, I would certainly consider trying an alternative one from Mr. Lau if it were available. Granted, the point of significantly diminishing returns may be in play here, so perhaps it would add little to the equation.

JC

Based on what I've heard, I would certainly consider trying an alternative one from Mr. Lau if it were available. Granted, the point of significantly diminishing returns may be in play here, so perhaps it would add little to the equation.

JC

Understood.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been immensely enjoying my N100H for about 90 days now. It stays on and playing on auto-repeat 24/7. I figure by now it may be broken in.

As there are no moving parts, am I wearing anything out by leaving it on and playing? I turn off the preamp when I want to keep the speakers quiet.

I've been immensely enjoying my N100H for about 90 days now. It stays on and playing on auto-repeat 24/7. I figure by now it may be broken in.

As there are no moving parts, am I wearing anything out by leaving it on and playing? I turn off the preamp when I want to keep the speakers quiet.

Oh yes, your Aurender should have been broken in for some now. The hard drive does have moving parts, however because it is a green drive it spins down when not needed, which is most of the time. Typically the 120GB SSD used for caching is all that's needed, so I wouldn't be concerned about wear.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

Thanks to Brian at Essential Audio and his generous in-home trial policy I was able to spend some significant time with his loaner N100 equipped with an on-board SSD in addition to the standard 120GB SSD used for buffering.

I had plenty of opportunity to compare it to the Auralic Aries with FEMTO clocks and linear power supply I've been living with for several months. The short version -- the Auralic has been moved on and I'm patiently waiting for my new N100H to ship.

As nice as the Aries is, and I found it a definite step up from my Mac Mini running Audirvana+, it really wasn't any match for the more sophisticated and evolved Aurender. The Aries never let me forget it was a digital player. The Aurender, particularly when I replaced my CAT6 ethernet cable with a single-mode optical link, sounded very analog in nature -- spacious, relaxed, tonally correct and very nuanced. The sense of space, particularly of depth was a first for me when playing digital files. With well-recorded material the Aries is capable of a very wide stereo spread, but on its best day it never gave me a sense of immersive depth that the Aurender brought to almost everything I threw at it.

TIDAL integration with the Aurender Conductor app is excellent, and I particularly like the way Conductor comes right back to the last screen used when the app is refreshed. Not having to run Aurender Music Manager other than the initial upload and whenever new music is added to my NAS is very nice, and allowed me to turn off my Mac Mini and unplug the switching power supply for one less noise source in the AC distribution system.

All in all, definitely a keeper.

Brian is great to work with, has plenty of patience with questions and gave me super customer support. If you don't have local dealer you want to support, or like me, don't have a dealer nearby, I highly recommend getting in touch with Brian.

Steve

VPI-HW40 Anniversary turntable, Grado Aeon3 cartridge; Teres turntable, VPI Fatboy gimbal, Dynavector XV1-S, Lyra Helikon mono; Taiko Audio Extreme server, dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler Plus and Clock, Cybershaft OP21 Reference Clock; Playback Designs Pinot ADC; D'Agostino Momentum M400 amplifiers, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono stage; Wilson Audio Alexx speakers, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofers; Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR & Typhon, Shunyata Sigma NR & Alpha NR power cords, Sigma interconnects, digital and speaker cables; Stillpoints ESS grid system rack; Stillpoints Ultras and Ultra 5s, component stands and cones under everything, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots and lots of music.

Doh! Forgot about the HDD.

Since you're the guy I bought it from, nice to see you're still here, Brian.

-Al

Thanks, Al! Glad you're really enjoying it. I lurk here a lot.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

Big storm knocked my N100H out. i managed to fumble my way through getting it back to playing. Read that Aurender recommend unplugging it under such circumstances. How to you folks handle such weather threats? There must be steps to take before unplugging.

(1) If I were to get an N100 and wanted to have my music on an external drive plugged into one of the USB ports, what kind of operating-system formatting would that external drive need?

(2) Also, the music files on that external drive...could they be arranged like this:

ALBUM-ARTIST-NAME FOLDER > ALBUM-NAME FOLDER > MUSIC FILES FOR THAT ALBUM

(3) What about compilation albums? Currently, they have "Various" as the Album Artist, and arranged as:

COMPILATIONS FOLDER > ALBUM-NAME FOLDER > MUSIC FILES FOR THAT ALBUM

(4) Related question: If I were to get an N100H and I was going to be transferring music files from my Macintosh to that unit's internal drive, that's by using the Aurender Media Manager application, right?

(5) Last question for now: How much of a sound quality difference might there be between the music files on an SSD external drive vs. on the N100H's internal hard-disc drive?

Dave, who needs to hear and find out and know whether or not the Aurender unit would best the sound quality of his current main system which pleases him greatly and whose USB-SPDIF converter and DAC and amplifier and speakers he would still use

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My question is based on N10 and the iPad app, but probably applies to any Aurender with an internal drive, and where one is using a NAS for external files.

If a USB HDD is plugged into a rear USB port on the N10, there is a provision in the iPad App to automatically upload the contents of the USB drive onto the Aurender

drives.

Is there some way to auto-upload the contents of a NAS, or is it only

"drop and drag"?

The AMM scan apparently reads the files on the NAS but the files continue to reside on the NAS, so that is NOT my question.

The question is whether there's a way to transfer NAS files to the N10 other than

drop and drag.

thanks