IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

If you delete the share associated with the NAS and rescan, AMM will not pick up any albums except for those on the internal drive. However, if you have the same album on both the NAS and the internal drive I don't see how AMM won't pick both of them up.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

If you delete the share associated with the NAS and rescan, AMM will not pick up any albums except for those on the internal drive..

I take it you don't have or use AMM - if you don't select a Share, (or if you delete the one used) AMM just sits until you select something. and in the meantime, all previously indexed albums remain in the Controller App.

I take it you don't have or use AMM - if you don't select a Share, (or if you delete the one used) AMM just sits until you select something. and in the meantime, all previously indexed albums remain in the Controller App.

I do have and use AMM. One can delete their entire library and start over. Every time there is a new firmware the entire library needs to be rebuilt.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

Please advise, step by step, how.

This may be the solution.

I am not at my computer now but I will take a look when I am next. Have you tried asking Aurender this same question?

In the app you can do a clean scan. Maybe if you delete the share and do a clean scan that will wipe out any references to the NAS.

In the app you can do a clean scan. Maybe if you delete the share and do a clean scan that will wipe out any references to the NAS.

ok, but it sounds like you don't really know for sure, and the description of clean scan

only says it erases metadata.

Has anyone actually tried this?

ok, but it sounds like you don't really know for sure, and the description of clean scan

only says it erases metadata.

Has anyone actually tried this?

Interesting question. Which probably doesn't have an answer other than "You can't do it" or the solution is very simple. I suppose that you need to send this to Aurender but I wonder if they ever considered this scenario.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

I suppose that you need to send this to Aurender but I wonder if they ever considered this scenario.

I am not sure why people don't start by asking the manufacturer instead of other users? That's what I do.

I am not sure why people don't start by asking the manufacturer instead of other users? That's what I do.

It is often quicker from other users. Especially now that CES is underway. But the manufacturer is usually the best source.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

It is often quicker from other users. Especially now that CES is underway. But the manufacturer is usually the best source.

True. If someone has a dire need to know something I can contact the people at Aurender by text and email; calling on the phone can be difficult because they are so busy. I have been communicating with them to help a customer, though, and will continue doing so tomorrow during and after show hours as needed.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

This works. Thank you. I decided to experiment - the NAS needs to be "disconnected" from the Conductor app, then run the clean scan. There appears to be no way to do this through the AMM.

RE:

It is often quicker from other users.

Definitely.... and some equipment makers are notoriously unresponsive or so cryptic in their response as to be of no help.

Hello. I hope somebody can help. I replaced my Mac Mini with an Aurender N10 a month ago. I managed to transfer data to Music1 and Music2 using drag and drop and to connect my Synology NAS via AMM. The good news is that the SQ is excellent, much better than I expected. The downside is that it is not obvious to me how to perform some pretty basic functions like add a new album to the music library on the internal HDD. Am I supposed to erase the disks and drag and drop again? What SW do I use to erase the disks? Then there is the problem of keeping classical albums in one piece. They look good in iTunes but not Aurender Conductor. I asked Aurender about this and they told me to update metadata in the Aurender not my PC. To do this they told me to use a separate application like dbPowerAmp for Windows. They haven't yet replied to my follow up. I wonder does that mean I have to install dbPowerAmp somehow in the unit? I feel out of my depth. Any pointers would be very welcome.

Andrew

Hello. I hope somebody can help. I replaced my Mac Mini with an Aurender N10 a month ago. I managed to transfer data to Music1 and Music2 using drag and drop and to connect my Synology NAS via AMM. The good news is that the SQ is excellent, much better than I expected. The downside is that it is not obvious to me how to perform some pretty basic functions like add a new album to the music library on the internal HDD. Am I supposed to erase the disks and drag and drop again? What SW do I use to erase the disks? Then there is the problem of keeping classical albums in one piece. They look good in iTunes but not Aurender Conductor. I asked Aurender about this and they told me to update metadata in the Aurender not my PC. To do this they told me to use a separate application like dbPowerAmp for Windows. They haven't yet replied to my follow up. I wonder does that mean I have to install dbPowerAmp somehow in the unit? I feel out of my depth. Any pointers would be very welcome.

Andrew

Why would you have to erase all the discs? To add a new album to the internal (or NAS) it is a simple drag and drop process followed by a scan.

Why do you have music on both the internal and external drives? Is it a size issue or do you use the NAS for other streamers?

You should be able to see the N10s files from your computer (I am assuming that you have a computer in addition to the Synology). For a PC use the network icon. If you can, treat those files as any on your computer. DbPowerAmp will reside on your computer. If you have the same albums on many different drives, I advise changing in one place only and syncing the rest.

Meta data for Classical music albums are problematic for many devices.

Why would you have to erase all the discs? To add a new album to the internal (or NAS) it is a simple drag and drop process followed by a scan.

Why do you have music on both the internal and external drives? Is it a size issue or do you use the NAS for other streamers?

I guess you're suggesting dragging and dropping only the folder that contains the new album. I was trying to work with the complete iTunes library having had issues in the past when trying to organise it. At the same time I was trying to maintain the same version of my music library in iTunes and Aurender. I'm guessing now that this is a fools errand at least as regards to the internal HDDs. But I would still like to know how to erase the disks and perform other file management tasks within the music library on the Aurender HDD.

There is no good reason I was using both internal drives I was just trying different copying methods (via Ethernet and via USB).

Thanks rwwjr44. My Mac Mini is still connected to the network and I can see the files in Finder but handling network drives is all new to me and I'm not sure how to proceed anyway. I looked at dBpoweramp but that is a Window program and I'm 100% Mac. It almost looks like I'll have to obtain Parallels to run dBpoweramp (or is it PerfectTunes?) in order to get satisfactory results.

Thanks rwwjr44. My Mac Mini is still connected to the network and I can see the files in Finder but handling network drives is all new to me and I'm not sure how to proceed anyway. I looked at dBpoweramp but that is a Window program and I'm 100% Mac. It almost looks like I'll have to obtain Parallels to run dBpoweramp (or is it PerfectTunes?) in order to get satisfactory results.

dBpoweramp is more for converting audio files from one format to another. I don't see its value in what you are looking to do.

There should be a Mac product that allows you to edit the metadata. I don't know that much about Macs so someone else will need to guide you with the mechanics. I do know that many PC owners also have difficulty moving iTunes music to iTunes of folders. This is solely an Aurender issue. I suggest looking in this and other fora (perhaps the Software thread). I think if you do that first and learn about networking on the Mac you will be okay. Slow but steady...

dBpoweramp is more for converting audio files from one format to another. I don't see its value in what you are looking to do.

dBpoweramp is also good for metadata editing.

I have found ID3 Editor from the Mac App store to be a very useful tag editor.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

dBpoweramp is also good for metadata editing.

Good to know. I have been using Tag & Rename for metadata.

There should be a Mac product that allows you to edit the metadata. I don't know that much about Macs so someone else will need to guide you with the mechanics. I do know that many PC owners also have difficulty moving iTunes music to iTunes of folders. This is solely an Aurender issue. I suggest looking in this and other fora (perhaps the Software thread). I think if you do that first and learn about networking on the Mac you will be okay. Slow but steady...

Many thanks for the encouragement. I saw there is a Guide To Converting From iTunes To Dedicated Music Server in the CA Academy but it requires Windows. I was kind of hoping to avoid that route...

My current thinking is that I'm going to maintain my library on an external drive attached to the Aurender to make music library housekeeping in iTunes possible. Right now I have 3 identical libraries (1 external, 2 internal) that appear in my iPad. Not good. I just need to be able to erase the internal disks. I tried OS X Disk Utility. No luck. Like you say slow but steady. Thanks again.

I was an Auralic Aries user - but the SQ of the Aurender is so much better.

Pretty excited about MQA and Roon. The Roon reply was the same one I received 4 mos ago so was hoping for a little more info.

Aurender may be a little behind but I am willing to wait. I have progressed from The Bryston BDP-1, Mac Mini, Auralic Aries( Femto) to the Aurender N100S and by far the best SQ has come from the Aurender.

Hopefully we will hear a little at CES.

Happy New Year ,

Russ

Russ,

Here is a comment from John Darko in his late September review of the N100 that sounds very promising:

"But Aurender can. Roon Endpoint functionality is reportedly just around the corner for the N100H. In the meantime, one can fire Roon at the Aurender’s in-built Airplay service."

JC