IGNORED

This I believe -

Paul R

This I Believe -  

302 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Trithio, it was a joke, based on Alex's comments of improved blood flow to peripherals.

And mine was not because I put a big joke sign on it? :)

To the subject I can anecdotically confirm Alex's reports. Works pretty much the same with any ginseng+gingko product. Throw in one of those multimimeral/multivitamin pills and you are quite the man :). Not that it needs much confirmation, those plants are well known since prehistoric times. Also well tested in modern times.

And mine was not because I put a big joke sign on it? :)

To the subject I can anecdotically confirm Alex's reports. Works pretty much the same with any ginseng+gingko product. Throw in one of those multimimeral/multivitamin pills and you are quite the man :). Not that it needs much confirmation, those plants are well known since prehistoric times. Also well tested in modern times.

Selenium and Zinc supplements may also help delay Prostate problems as you get past middle age.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Brother, it was the way in which it was stated, and possibly because you haven't inspired trust at this point. Just a suggestion: ease off a little and maybe people will ease off on you.

Dont you think that is a bit backwards? It was a perfectly fine joke with a big joke sign near it. Doubt it gets more 'ease off' than that. And I do not inspire trust cause I take a _light_ scientific position but all anecdote tellers are majorly trustworthy.

Sorry, all that sounds backwards to me. But anyway, that's already too much arguing about nothing.

Have fun with the ginseng everyone. You can also macerate fresh roots in alcohol. Like vodka or such. Even more fun :)

Actually, it was not funny because you attempted to use humor to push the same agenda as when you appear to be serious.

Dont you think that is a bit backwards? It was a perfectly fine joke with a big joke sign near it. Doubt it gets more 'ease off' than that. And I do not inspire trust cause I take a _light_ scientific position but all anecdote tellers are majorly trustworthy.

Sorry, all that sounds backwards to me. But anyway, that's already too much arguing about nothing.

Have fun with the ginseng everyone. You can also macerate fresh roots in alcohol. Like vodka or such. Even more fun :)

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

I got this joke the first time, in case anybody else is gathering statistics on when somebody is being funny or not.

Thanks, I'm keeping track of what people do and don't find funny, so if you can keep posting your findings that would be useful.

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/

And Magnesium for deafness :)

Cheers!

Roch

I chew on aluminum foil for improved hearing :)

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

So- does this mean that RAH really was prophetic and we are in the crazy years? There are times when I begin to wonder.

-Paul

Aside from kids not being taught biology and thus not having a chance to get jobs in the bio sector there may not be much other actual harm the new earth creationists cause -- well they vote but as a country we've decided that the bar for voting is very low. we similarly allow people to be rounded up and brought in buses to voting booths in exchange for free coffee or whatever, so our votes are suboptimal for a variety of reasons and the stupidity of new earth creationism gets put into the mix of a whole lot of other stupid stuff. I'm more worried about the anti-vaccine crowd of people who have enough 'scientific' training to be dangerous, and refusing to vaccinate your kids is actually dangerous not only to your kids but to everyone else as well. So science has almost wiped out diseases like polio and smallpox and people just refuse to accept that. That's what makes these years really crazy.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

Aside from kids not being taught biology and thus not having a chance to get jobs in the bio sector there may not be much other actual harm the new earth creationists cause -- well they vote but as a country we've decided that the bar for voting is very low. we similarly allow people to be rounded up and brought in buses to voting booths in exchange for free coffee or whatever, so our votes are suboptimal for a variety of reasons and the stupidity of new earth creationism gets put into the mix of a whole lot of other stupid stuff. I'm more worried about the anti-vaccine crowd of people who have enough 'scientific' training to be dangerous, and refusing to vaccinate your kids is actually dangerous not only to your kids but to everyone else as well. So science has almost wiped out diseases like polio and smallpox and people just refuse to accept that. That's what makes these years really crazy.

Brrr... I had not really looked into the anti-vaccine crowd thing, because to me it is so crazy *not* to vaccinate your kids that I cannot imagine any responsible parent refusing to do so. Who *wants* their kids to suffer through polio, measles, mumps, chicken pox, etc? That, in my mind, borders on child abuse.

As you and Bill point out, this seems to be a mind-set taking hold in a group of people who *should know better.* That is really scary to me. Boy Howdy!

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Brrr... I had not really looked into the anti-vaccine crowd thing, because to me it is so crazy *not* to vaccinate your kids that I cannot imagine any responsible parent refusing to do so. Who *wants* their kids to suffer through polio, measles, mumps, chicken pox, etc? That, in my mind, borders on child abuse.

As you and Bill point out, this seems to be a mind-set taking hold in a group of people who *should know better.* That is really scary to me. Boy Howdy!

At least part of this idiocy is caused by the fact that too many parents rely on misinformation posted by so-called experts on the internet.

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

-Abraham Lincoln

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

I'll say that _is_ pretty clear child abuse. And not only to their children cause I understand some long-thought-gone ills are already showing signs of revival in those antivaccine comunities.

To my knowledge it all started with some desperate parents claiming vaccines triggered autism in their children. And then some funny 'studies' 'confirmed' the links. Even asked my doctor about that stuff. The good woman gave me such a condescending look that I was instantly ashamed of my stupidity :)

Anyway, we better dont go there.

I'll say that _is_ pretty clear child abuse. And not only to their children cause I understand some long-thought-gone ills are already showing signs of revival in those antivaccine comunities.

To my knowledge it all started with some desperate parents claiming vaccines triggered autism in their children. And then some funny 'studies' 'confirmed' the links.

Andrew Wakefield, publishing in the Lancet first, then elsewhere later. The Lancet eventually (years later) retracted the article, and Wakefield was banned from practicing medicine in the UK (just a couple of years ago). Wakefield's lab, which had found viral "contamination" in vaccinated children, was later found to have done a sloppy job cleaning its glassware.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I'll say that _is_ pretty clear child abuse.

Really not so clear. In a very micro, selfish sense, there is a very, very, small chance of a child having a bad reaction to a vaccine, so not abuse, but misguided protection.

But, it is clearly an abuse of Public Heath !! In the selfish attempt to protect a child from a non-existent problem, a much larger problem occurs, with almost extinct diseases making a surprising comeback and hurting real people.

IMHO

Andrew Wakefield, publishing in the Lancet first, then elsewhere later. The Lancet eventually (years later) retracted the article, and Wakefield was banned from practicing medicine in the UK (just a couple of years ago). Wakefield's lab, which had found viral "contamination" in vaccinated children, was later found to have done a sloppy job cleaning its glassware.

Sadly, despite the fact that any link between vaccination and autism has been completely discredited, it hasn't stopped people like celebrity Jenny McCarthy from continuing a crusade of misinformation against vaccination.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

At least part of this idiocy is caused by the fact that too many parents rely on misinformation posted by so-called experts on the internet.

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

-Abraham Lincoln

I could agree that today there more experts than needed. If you follow CNN-E (Español) today, there is more experts in terrorism than terrorists...!

Regarding vaccines there is some abuse. For example, in Latin America (where I live) from time to time we get experimental vaccines from the international health industry ("Big Pharma") not approved yet by FDA or Europe, they do much damage in our population.

If we go to the animal business (where I was a long part of my life), from time to time you get health alerts like Cattle Cholera and this is only to sell vaccines. And also from extinct diseases over 20 years...!

No cheers,

Roch

hi trithio- don't you mean "you can also macerate fresh FRUITS in alcohol...like vodka..." ie absolut (frozen in the freezer) then add orange lime and lemon-a true,'clear liquid' and try it with some nitty gritty dirt band and chllax as paul suggested BUT beware of the army of 12 monkeys and naked men offering you a shirt

I'll skip the roots and go straight to the alcohol, thanks.

Vinyl is a hugely overpriced way to get flawed sound. Digital is an inexpensive way to get less flawed (though flawed nonetheless) sound.

Actually, it was not funny because you attempted to use humor to push the same agenda as when you appear to be serious.

I thought that made it funnier, as it was a little self-deprecating.

Vinyl is a hugely overpriced way to get flawed sound. Digital is an inexpensive way to get less flawed (though flawed nonetheless) sound.

To my knowledge it all started with some desperate parents claiming vaccines triggered autism in their children. And then some funny 'studies' 'confirmed' the links. Even asked my doctor about that stuff. The good woman gave me such a condescending look that I was instantly ashamed of my stupidity :)

Anyway, we better dont go there.

Ironic, isn't it, that this is so similar to the situation in the au....... nevermind.