IGNORED

HQ Player

Hi guys. I am trying to install HQP on Ubuntu 16 but I get the following error:

pre-dependency problem - not installing HQP.

Any ideas?

I don't know if this exactly the cause, but perhaps you need to install "qt5-quick1". This is a library file needed by HQPlayer but not officially used by qt. Recently, I had to install it in order to upgrade Embedded.

Applying Filters Impulse Response (convolution) to DSD source files make them as good sounding as PCM (in my system where PCM already benefited from eQ) !

Gorgeous !

Miska,

yet, as of PCM, feeding wav files seems preferable vs flac ; Am I tired or right ?

I have mixed feelings about upsampling or not DSD source files while convolving ; what are your recommendations for my i7 MBPr/TEAC 501 combo ? provided I have to use CUDA, thus Closed Form in my system, if I want to keep things cool (though I always have over 80% CPU available it gets tense and hot)

I am considering upgrading my PC which is currently i7 4790S @ 3.2GHz (65w tdp) to a i7 6700K with Gigabyte ga-z170x for HQP up-sampling to DSD512 and running Roon in the same PC. I gather from various discussions that in order to up-sample 2-channel to DSD512, I don’t need a Cuda offload engine. In this case what is the typical power requirements ? What are you using to power the PC - smps ATX psu ? Does anybody know if the Uptone JS-2 will be up for the task ?

The 400 watt Seasonic fanless ATX PSU works very well here with a I7-6700k.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

A question for Miska, I'm contemplating using AudioVero's Acourate DRC. They also offer a convolver, which comes highly recommended by some users. However, a convolver is already part of the HQPlayer. How does the HQPlayer convolution engine compare to the one offered by Acourate? Is the convolution done on the GPU? For the time being I only listen to PCM files, max 24/96 resolution.

So anyone else, then, is convolution with HQPlayer done on the GPU? Will that require another GPU for graphics work if HQPlayer's convolution engine is used with multichannel and Room Correction?

The 400 watt Seasonic fanless ATX PSU works very well here with a I7-6700k.

Thanks! That is indeed a great PSU and I assume being fanless is totally silent. Which mobo are you using with the i7 6700K and what kind of cabinet & cooling do you use ? My problem is I have to keep the PC in the audio room and can tolerate fan noise.

I apologize for going off topic, but I did a search and can't seem to find any leads... I'm looking to replace the power cable for my laptop for better SQ (I recently replaced my DAC power cord with positive results). Even a google search doesn't seem to garner much. I recently bought a budget power conditioner that also improved the sound, but I am wanting to replace my stock brick AC adapter for my laptop/music server.

After getting HQPlayer, it has shown how good the sound can get and now I am trying to eliminate weak links in my system.

I apologize for going off topic, but I did a search and can't seem to find any leads... I'm looking to replace the power cable for my laptop for better SQ (I recently replaced my DAC power cord with positive results). Even a google search doesn't seem to garner much. I recently bought a budget power conditioner that also improved the sound, but I am wanting to replace my stock brick AC adapter for my laptop/music server.

After getting HQPlayer, it has shown how good the sound can get and now I am trying to eliminate weak links in my system.

The best way to leave laptop battery powered. But if you'd like to use external power source you can try universal DC-DC converter for laptops which usually used in cars and 12 V accumulator (for UPS as example).

Using such power source for NAA nettop I improved SQ because of noise in USB data line was significantly reduced.

The best way to leave laptop battery powered. But if you'd like to use external power source you can try universal DC-DC converter for laptops which usually used in cars and 12 V accumulator (for UPS as example).

Using such power source for NAA nettop I improved SQ because of noise in USB data line was significantly reduced.

Thanks for the reply.

I see that Pangea makes a high quality C7 cord that would fit into the brick of my laptop AC adapter. But there would still be the old cord running out of the other end of the brick and into the laptop. Would the Pangea make a difference even though the other cord would still be plugged into the laptop? (With the Pangea being plugged into the wall/power conditioner)

Hi,

Just installed HQPlayer. Getting through the learning curve - smoother then I thought so far (DSD: tomorrow!).

I am running HQP on a Mac Mini with the Qobuz app. Is there a way to have Qobuz route through HQ with no additional hardware?

Thanks

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)

I got HQPlayer installed on Lubuntu. Now I am trying to add some music folders from my NAS into the Library. However, I cant browse to my NAS in the add screen. Any ideas?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Thx, it did not work through 2 Hungarian Internet provider, works through another one. Now I am downloading slowly the trial software. I contacted HQplayer on Facebook and got a answer immediately, so thanks for the support.

I'm a little late to the party, but just installed SoftPerfect RAMDisk, running HQplayer from one drive, and my music from another. A pretty substantial uptick in SQ. More realism, greater focus (especially during busy passages), less "digital glare" to the music. Very happy. MY uptone regen Amber should be here any day now, so it's like Christmas.

Hi guys. I am trying to install HQP on Ubuntu 16 but I get the following error:

pre-dependency problem - not installing HQP.

Any ideas?

Not sure what the issue was but I instead installed Lubuntu and HQP works fine. I think Lubuntu is better anyway since its more lightweight than Ubuntu LTS.

Now need to see if I can get HQP renderer working, though I think there is no way for me to try it without first buying a license???

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I'm a little late to the party, but just installed SoftPerfect RAMDisk, running HQplayer from one drive, and my music from another. A pretty substantial uptick in SQ. More realism, greater focus (especially during busy passages), less "digital glare" to the music. Very happy. MY uptone regen Amber should be here any day now, so it's like Christmas.

I completely forget everything I knew about RAMdisk; i.e I tried it a few years ago but was likely doing it wrong. Can HQPlayer with ramdisk (I have 32GB ram) be run with things like Roon or Muso, or does it need to have manually prefetched tracks (i.e a playlist for that evening) be buffered into an area?

I completely forget everything I knew about RAMdisk; i.e I tried it a few years ago but was likely doing it wrong. Can HQPlayer with ramdisk (I have 32GB ram) be run with things like Roon or Muso, or does it need to have manually prefetched tracks (i.e a playlist for that evening) be buffered into an area?

Honestly I have no idea. Sorry.

In various tests I made RAMdisks always came last as of SQ ; matter of taste I suppose. However it's funny to see them coming back the very day I decided to use once again a RAMdisk for music files because I get too many dropouts when I let music files on a wifi connected drive since I'm now (very happily) convolving and that it writes much faster than on my sd card. Would be interesting to get Miska's regarded opinion about the eventual technical benefit to put both convolving/music/HQP on RAM... about HQP I'm afraid it makes better sense if the whole OS is on RAMDisk too...