IGNORED

HQ Player

Just copy-paste that into Windows File Explorer (equivalent of Finder on Mac) address-entry and hit enter.

As a side note, depending on your CPU, when you are starting playback with non-2s poly-sinc filter to DSD256 or higher, be prepared to wait quite a while looking at the progress bar spinning around. It may take a minute, or even two to get started.

If you force-terminate HQPlayer, be prepared to reboot your computer and DAC before things work again...

i did coy and paste to windows file explorer.No results
Just copy-paste that into Windows File Explorer (equivalent of Finder on Mac) address-entry and hit enter.

As a side note, depending on your CPU, when you are starting playback with non-2s poly-sinc filter to DSD256 or higher, be prepared to wait quite a while looking at the progress bar spinning around. It may take a minute, or even two to get started.

If you force-terminate HQPlayer, be prepared to reboot your computer and DAC before things work again...

Did copy and paste into Windows file explorer with no results ?

i'm about to get pro gear on loan in order to create files for convolution ; can anyone please answer my post 5398 , that is :

Being a Mac user I can't use DRC unless i bother to borrow a Pc ; could you please share your opinion if it's worth the trouble or REW is as good ?

Should I create FIR filters for every frequency ? if so, should 176.4 be used when convolving DSD source files ?

Hi folks. I really want to try out HQP but the ability to easily browse my library and control playback from my phone or tablet is really important. I know I can use Roon but that price point, especially the recurring fee seems really high to me for what I need. All that extra data and info Roon offers is nice but I dont really need or want it. Ideally, I could use a control point software like BubbleUPnP or Linn Kazoo to browse and control playback.

I am right to say that HQP does not support UPnP? If not, I assume the NAA is not an network renderer as well?

Is there a reason why HQP does not support UPnP? I think if it did, a lot more people would be able to use their preferred control point and not have to worry about spending a lot of money for something like Roon just to be able to browse their library and control playback remotely.

Why don't you use Muso that can interface with HQPlayer as library management and to control your music from tablet/phone?

I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling.What the best way to uninstall Hqplayer to remove everything associated with it ? Thanks

There's uninstall shortcut under HQPlayer group in Windows Start-menu. In addition you'll need to manually clean up the directory I referred to earlier.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Why don't you use Muso that can interface with HQPlayer as library management and to control your music from tablet/phone?

Thank you for the input. I checked out Muso but didn't see whether it supports upnp so I could use BubbleUPnP as my control point. How would I use Muso to browse my library and control playback from my tablet or phone? It looks like Muso is a Windows application.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Thank you for the input. I checked out Muso but didn't see whether it supports upnp so I could use BubbleUPnP as my control point. How would I use Muso to browse my library and control playback from my tablet or phone? It looks like Muso is a Windows application.

You pointed out that you wanted a library management software, like Roon, that can work with HQPlayer and be controlled by a tablet/smartphone - Muso can work like that. You do not need MinimServer nor BubbleUPnP as Muso is not UPnP.

Muso is a Windows application that can send signal to HQPlayer residing on the same PC or on a computer over your network.

As a control point on your tablet/smartphone you just type the IP address of your Muso system.

As a control point on your tablet/smartphone you just type the IP address of your Muso system.

I see! That makes sense. I am definitely going to try that. Thank you again.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Hi, I am newby here and with the HQP still in the trial version, but I am totally enthusiastic about the superb SQ especially that of the RedBook 2 DSD. (Not so very much about the GUI - but it is too early for my thoughts.).

But for now I have a serious issue: since 3 days is my HQP trial dead. On starting first dies it before dieplaying anything, on the second attempt it brings the Signalyst banner and after that it dies with a Windows message box :HQPPlayer-desktop.exe has stopped working.

The last thing I tried before was to set a IR convolution file, as my first attempt for getting a simple high-shelf filter which I need for hearing loss desperately - BTW is there no painless way to get such one easily like the parametrisable IIR to FooBar ?

Reboot, Re-install of HQP didn't help. But when rebooted whith any DAC disconnected it did started once, but if Start it with a DAC it dies.

My (new) DAC is the LHLabs GeekOutV2 Infinity, one another is the EMU 0404USB.

Please HELP!

EDIT> It is a totally random behaviour / on further reboots I cannot open HQP anymore with/without a dac attached.

No, no tweaking at all.

Just using foobar with foo_dsd_asio for on-the-fly converting also from ClassicsOnlineHD (excellent lossless, even HQ streaming) and even low-latency playing of my virtual instruments (Pianoteq, GalaxyPianos with Kontakt directly or within DAW / Reaper).

Nothing of them is active after a clean reboot, HQP still dies.

EDIT:

Also JRMC21 WDM is functioning, which I also use succesfully for on-the-fly PCM->DSD conversion from all kind of applications.(Also deactivated now for HQP repair but to no avail...)

No, no tweaking at all.

Just using foobar with foo_dsd_asio for on-the-fly converting also from ClassicsOnlineHD (excellent lossless, even HQ streaming) and even low-latency playing of my virtual instruments (Pianoteq, GalaxyPianos with Kontakt directly or within DAW / Reaper).

Nothing of them is active after a clean reboot, HQP still dies.

The only other thing I can think of is that you are using a Windows 32-bit OS. Sometimes, on a few systems with this OS, HQPlayer has had problems.

Possibly Miska will be able to add some more.

Thank You Bibo for Your hint with the HQPlayer.xml file.

Instead of deleting I have edited it and did reset the convolution setting only - I suspected something with the convolution files/setting might have been wrong there and now it is functioning!

Issue solved (seams so). Thx.

This is probably the bottleneck. My GTX980 gives 154... GTX1080 is supposed to be around 2500...

A detailed spec table was published in this recent anandtech article

NVIDIA Posts Full GeForce GTX 1070 Specifications: 1920 CUDA Cores Boosting to 1.68GHz

Apparently nvidia decided to deliberately cripple FP64 performance in Pascal consumer cards and limit it to 1/32 of the FP32 performance, i.e. the same ratio as Maxwell except that Maxwell did not have much FP64 hardware in its silicon to start with. I have been expecting this to happen and I have a strong feeling that the Quadro variant will be partially disabled as well, except may be for the most expensive ones. FP64 is a specialized need and nvidia will make sure those who need it pay for it. Now this gives the GTX 1080 a theoretical maximum throughput of slightly more than 278 Gflops. To put this into perspective (the unknown effect of graphics RAM speed aside), this is less than half of the theoretical peak FP64 throughput of Intel's latest integrated GPU (Iris Pro P580).

I know you said before that Open CL is not suitable. However, I hope you will consider using it at least to partially do what you could do with CUDA.