IGNORED

HQ Player

\Users\username\AppData\local\HQPlayer is a hidden directory. You need to enable it first in your file explorer otherwise you will not be able to see it.

...Be sure to enable Log file in Setting and make sure that you restart the "problem" from the beginning, so hopefully it is properly recorded in the log file.

This might be simple question, but I spent all night trying to figure it out.

I just downloaded the Linux version. But can't find the setting? Can someone let me know.

On Mac and PC the setting menu is about the tools bar. But where are it in Linux . Thx

Anyone using Linux version of hqplayer can quickly help me to locate the menu?

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

Hi guys found logWhen I try to send email get there os no email program associated to perform regulated action.Please install an email program or if one is already installed create a association in the defaults programs panel.Have mail account.how do I send.?thanks

This might be simple question, but I spent all night trying to figure it out.

I just downloaded the Linux version. But can't find the setting? Can someone let me know.

On Mac and PC the setting menu is about the tools bar. But where are it in Linux . Thx

I have Linux version and setting menu is under File/Settings.

If you cannot see toolbar, just right click with your mouse on the top bar.

Hi guys found logWhen I try to send email get there os no email program associated to perform regulated action.Please install an email program or if one is already installed create a association in the defaults programs panel.Have mail account.how do I send.?thanks

If you do not have an email program (neither do I), simply open a gmail account and use your browser to access it.

Have email account set up which is exchange.Try to send email get message here is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.Why does windows make everything so difficult.This is on Windows 10 ?

I did the right click and the check mark on the toolbar. But I don't see File/setting

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

Also I thought I would mention the external drive my music is on is formatted exFat.Is that a issue with Roon.I know when I was doing a disk image backup it would not let me use the exFat format and had to change to NTFS ?

btw, still can't use CUDA with polysinc short mp

What was the GPU model? If the GPU is not really faster than the CPU, then the performance may be worse with the offload than without.

Check what kind of double precision floating point figures CUDA-Z gives you.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

here you are (works mighty fine with Closed Form, dividing cpu load by a factor of #2) :

CUDA-Z Report

=============

Version: 0.10.251 64 bit CUDA-Z

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.11.4 15E65

Driver Version: 10.10.5.2 310.42.25f01

Driver Dll Version: 7.50

Runtime Dll Version: 6.50

Core Information

----------------

Name: GeForce GT 650M

Compute Capability: 3.0

Clock Rate: 900 MHz

PCI Location: 0:1:0

Multiprocessors: 2 (384 Cores)

Threads Per Multiproc.: 2048

Warp Size: 32

Regs Per Block: 65536

Threads Per Block: 1024

Threads Dimensions: 1024 x 1024 x 64

Grid Dimensions: 2147483647 x 65535 x 65535

Watchdog Enabled: Yes

Integrated GPU: No

Concurrent Kernels: Yes

Compute Mode: Default

Stream Priorities: No

Memory Information

------------------

Total Global: 1023.69 MiB

Bus Width: 128 bits

Clock Rate: 2508 MHz

Error Correction: No

L2 Cache Size: 48 KiB

Shared Per Block: 48 KiB

Pitch: 2048 MiB

Total Constant: 64 KiB

Texture Alignment: 512 B

Texture 1D Size: 65536

Texture 2D Size: 65536 x 65536

Texture 3D Size: 4096 x 4096 x 4096

GPU Overlap: Yes

Map Host Memory: Yes

Unified Addressing: Yes

Async Engine: Yes, Unidirectional

Performance Information

-----------------------

Memory Copy

Host Pinned to Device: 6112.95 MiB/s

Host Pageable to Device: 5541.16 MiB/s

Device to Host Pinned: 6199.24 MiB/s

Device to Host Pageable: 5680.44 MiB/s

Device to Device: 18.0608 GiB/s

GPU Core Performance

Single-precision Float: 419.995 Gflop/s

Double-precision Float: 20.4058 Gflop/s

64-bit Integer: 22.8399 Giop/s

32-bit Integer: 88.9484 Giop/s

24-bit Integer: 88.9979 Giop/s

Generated: Mon May 16 13:06:52 2016

What was the GPU model? If the GPU is not really faster than the CPU, then the performance may be worse with the offload than without.

Check what kind of double precision floating point figures CUDA-Z gives you.

This is probably the bottleneck. My GTX980 gives 154... GTX1080 is supposed to be around 2500...

Wait, what? My GTX960 does 91, your GTX980 does 154, and then the GTX1080 is supposed to do 2500???

Hi Miska

I am still working on my PPA PC. What could be the possible causes of "dropout"?

My CPU is only less 20% load and to be exact 90% of time below 10%. Network seems not an issue caused I direct connected HQPlayer PC to NAA via ethernet. No changes to dropout frequency.

Paul

anybody please help ?
anybody please help ?

As @bib01 suggested, if you don't already have a gmail account, go here (in your Web browser) and open one. Then use your gmail account to mail the log file (using your Web browser).

Advising you to do this is much easier than trying to walk you through "associating" your email client and configuring your existing Exchange account (which, in any case, is beyond the scope of my syllabus).

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5