IGNORED

USB cable comparisons

I think system interactions regarding fairly subtle stuff like low level ground noise may have an effect, so what you hear with your present rig may well be different than what you will hear with the new stuff.

My own anecdotal experience with my system is that the Clearlink Plus was leaps and bounds better than the AQ Coffee it replaced, despite the fact that the Mapleshade was half the price.

I think it was mostly your anecdotes that tipped me into taking this plunge. I'm partial to the name of the AQ Coffee given how much of its namesake beverage I drink, but it's a step or two beyond my price comfort level...

Life was so much cheaper when I couldn't hear a difference between these things.

I got my TotalDAC USB cable in on Monday. Early listening was a bit fatiguing, which is the antithesis of what this cable is supposed to bring to the table. Any recollections on whether this cable needed extensive burn-in? I'm out of town for a week, so will have music playing 24/7 till next Tuesday.

I got my TotalDAC USB cable in on Monday. Early listening was a bit fatiguing, which is the antithesis of what this cable is supposed to bring to the table. Any recollections on whether this cable needed extensive burn-in? I'm out of town for a week, so will have music playing 24/7 till next Tuesday.
What, if anything, does Vincent Brient have to say about length of burn-in?

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Wow, that is very surprising. I really liked mine and never found it fatiguing, but I can't recall how much it changed over time. Keep on burnin'.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

I remember running my totaldac cable 24/7 for about 4 or 5 days before it opened up and got that 3D holographic soundstage while being warm and organic. I actually have two totaldac cables with one before and after the Regen and they complement each other really well.

Sonore microRendu>Lampi L4G5>Herron VTSP 3a r03>Herron M1a monos>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

The Clearlink Plus arrived on Saturday; I've been trying to run it fairly continuously with music as break-in. (I'm dubious about the notion of breaking in components that aren't mechanical, but if I'm going to give it a fair shake, I'm gonna try and follow the directions.)

So I suppose it's a little too early to really hear differences, and indeed I wouldn't have guessed I was. This evening I switched the Clearlink out for the AQ Cinnamon, fully expecting to hear no difference -- or possibly to even hear better sound, because I have my doubts whether the Clearlink cable actually meets official USB cable specs. (Not that I'm sure the AQ ones do, either.) But the Cinnamon seemed...worse. Just a little. It was like moving to a slightly lower fidelity system.

Sigh. :)

I'll try again in another week. A perverse part of me does want to get that $15 Belkin cable that did so well in a subjective sound quality shootout a few years ago, though, just as a control factor...

Life was so much cheaper when I couldn't hear a difference between these things.

I've ordered a BlueJeansCable USB 2.0, 3ft. for $1.50.

I'll report back after I break it in and have a chance to audition its veil-lifting capacity.

Could you take one for the team and see if the $6 Belden sounds four times better?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I've ordered a BlueJeansCable USB 2.0, 3ft. for $1.50.

I'll report back after I break it in and have a chance to audition its veil-lifting capacity.

40 pages of this? WOW. It's a shame...

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

great write-up, Blake. Thanks.

did you ever get any time with the Lighthspeed?

errr.... wait... the 10G is the Lightspeed, is that it? :)

Hello reverendo, I have been briefly reading over this thread and was wondering about this Light Harmonic Lightspeed USB cable as in comparison to the wire world Platinum starlight USB cable I presently own and purchased several years ago. I needed to have a fairly long run as my pc tower is on one wall of the room and my dac is on the other wall. My question is have you had a chance to listen to this WW Platinum Starlight USB cable? I also see that Wire World has a newer version of this cable as a series 7, and I was told that it is much better then what I have. Just wanted your input on this and if someone else would like to jump in, that would be fine. Also wanted to know if you have recently auditioned any new USB cables? Thanks in advanced!

Windows XP/7 > J River MC 20 > Wire World Platinum Starlight USB cable > Peachtree Audio Grand-Pre dac > Straight Wire Crescendo IC's > Odd Watt Audio Odd Block tube amps > custom speaker cables > Galt Audio 2.5 speakers > 15" Aura Sound subwoofer in Ported Reflex Enclosure/1000watt amp

Hello reverendo, I have been briefly reading over this thread and was wondering about this Light Harmonic Lightspeed USB cable as in comparison to the wire world Platinum starlight USB cable I presently own and purchased several years ago. I needed to have a fairly long run as my pc tower is on one wall of the room and my dac is on the other wall. My question is have you had a chance to listen to this WW Platinum Starlight USB cable? I also see that Wire World has a newer version of this cable as a series 7, and I was told that it is much better then what I have. Just wanted your input on this and if someone else would like to jump in, that would be fine. Also wanted to know if you have recently auditioned any new USB cables? Thanks in advanced!

Hi GammaG,

It's been a while that I have compared USB cables, but I did compare the WW Platinum 6 to other cables that were replaced by the Lightspeed. In my system the AQ Diamond was a better fit the the WW and later on I preferred the Purist Ultimate, although not in regards to all aspects. The Lightspeed was clearly better than the Purist and improved on some of the traits that I had with the Diamond. In my system I believe that the Lightspeed is the clearly better usb cable, but it is an indirect comparison. Like always, ymmv.

Best regards

PS: the Regen did make quite a difference in my system, so, nowadays, I recommend getting one of those before entering a quest for the usb cable that best fits your needs. the Regen is responsible for bringing me back to using usb at all, something that I had given up on in my particular system.

LDMS Minix Server>Lampizator TRP w/ VC>Gryphon Diablo>Heil Kithara

Cables: Douglas Cables 'Mirage'', (Power); Douglas Cables 'Mirage' (XLR); Douglas Cables "GLIA" (speaker cables & jumper); FTA Callisto (USB)

Accessories: Furutech GTX-D (G) with cover, MIT Z Duplex Super; Equitech Balanced Power, Sistrum (for Diablo & TRP)

I grab few meters of this cable ... It's the best USB cable I ever seen from mechanical point of view.

Then I soldered a pair of connectors from Artemiscable.

As a result I've a high-end usb cable with perfect 90Ohms impedance and a very "professional" looking.

Strongly suggested.

Have a nice day. Massimiliano

I grab few meters of this cable ... It's the best USB cable I ever seen from mechanical point of view.

As a result I've a high-end usb cable with perfect 90Ohms impedance and a very "professional" looking.

Strongly suggested.

Funny, that cable looks rather like this one.

http://www.jenving.com/products/cables-on-bobbin-162

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

Strongly suggested.

"Braided Silver Plated Copper Over Data Pair" is a good start, however the impedance is still quoted as 90 ohms +-13 ohms.

How much per Metre did you pay for this cable ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Has anyone compared Elijah Audio's Konvertible cable with the Curious Cable?

I am enjoying the Elijah cable, though am interested in others' experience with the Curious Cable for my Regen or Wyrd4Sound Recovery USB Reclocker as an upgrade. USD 380 is a big expense for me, unless I place this in my "component" category mentally because it is that good.

I've been using Elijah Isolator for a while and liked it with the Regen and RUR recently. The Curius arrived lately and the game changed. There's nothing wrong with the E/I but the CC just heightened the SQ a few critical notches. It does everything Rob Woodland, press reviews, and happy CC users raved about. Bass definition, 3D, sweet sibilance and distinct space between performers in soundstage (my own observation), are just a few attributes you notice instantly.

That said, I have no experience with Elijah Audio's Konvertible cable, which is a more recent and supposedly better design. What do you like about it, I'm curious? Both Mike and Rob are nice guys and located in Australia.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.