IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD]Whether support of Melco N1 USB player in Lumin app is planned?[/TD]

[TD=width: 36][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

If you already own this player, see if it has a configuration option for OpenHome renderer protocol. Lumin app only works on OpenHome renderers.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Roon support is coming soon! :)
Hi psme

Is that support via some proprietary streaming arrangement with Roon, or via existing streaming mechanism already going to be supported eg Songcast &Airplay, or have you and other streamer manufacturers managed to convince them to support UPnP?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Great news psme. I tried Roon and liked it but didn't go ahead after the trial because it is a backward step to computers and all the hassle that makes me support Lumin. Tidal works fine for me since they put a server in Hong Kong but Roon with Lumin would be even better.

When, approximately?

I haven't had the opportunity to try it, but I imagine it already does, as the width and height of the app are already fluid.

So the width of the playlist will remain constant, but the browse area will expand.

The playlist will be longer than on other iPads.

Associated with LUMIN - The Audiophile Network Music Player.

Is the Lumin T1 a great improvment over Lumin D1 + External PSU? In my case its about 1K Eur more.

I'm comparing the D1 + Linear PSU vs the A1 as we speak.

With my setup (Abyss headphones and Simaudio 600i amp) I prefer the D1. A tad more focused while retaining the same flow and musicality. It's more to do with system synergy than 'better or worse'. Analytical amp? A1/T1. Warmer amp? S1/D1.

It's worth noting this is preliminary; I need to do more extensive A/B comparisons.

Abyss - Audeze - Sen

Simaudio Moon 600i - Lumin A1

Kii Three - KEF LS50

I will be interested in your final opinion. I upgraded to an A-1 from the D-1 with an external power supply. Didn't keep the D-1 in my system to compare it to the A-1.

Had a lot more time with both now - it seems I was just more used to the D1 (and hence preferred it) at that early stage.

D1 is being returned, I'm keeping the A1. Superb machine! It has more resolution than the D1, with the detail (edges) and clarity being clearer (especially at the high end - cymbals etc). Smoother.

I have the MSB Analog and Aurender N10 on their way to me to compare to the A1 now :¬)

Abyss - Audeze - Sen

Kii Three - KEF LS50

That's good news. I listened to an Aurender N10 this morning. Didn't do an A/B test, but the Aurender sounds good as well. I placed Stillpoints under the Lumin this morning as well. I believe it may tighten things up a bit.

I've been pondering Stillpoints. I can't get past how expensive they are for a basic piece of engineering.

Abyss - Audeze - Sen

Kii Three - KEF LS50

Feature request!

BIG playback (prev - play/pause - next) on the album art screen.

And in fact, bigger buttons on the main screen (even if only the touch area is expanded horizontally to fill the space above/below the icons).

Abyss - Audeze - Sen

Kii Three - KEF LS50

Feature request!

BIG playback (prev - play/pause - next) on the album art screen.

And in fact, bigger buttons on the main screen (even if only the touch area is expanded horizontally to fill the space above/below the icons).

I'm using a Ipad Air and those prev - play/pause - next command buttons seem like a decent size for the screen. Now for a mini, the size could be a problem.

The Truth Is Out There

Fine when it's flat on the desk in front of you, or on your lap, but they become more of an issue when the iPad is placed on a stand at arms length for example (not everyone wants to hold an iPad during listening sessions).

In a playback application, you can't get more fundamental than playback controls. The hit boxes should be bigger, without a doubt. No need to constrain them to the size of the icon.

FWIW, I spent years as a usability (UI/UX) consultant for global banks and broadcasters.

Abyss - Audeze - Sen

Kii Three - KEF LS50