IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

When I select the FLAC files to play on the Lumin nothing happens. Any ideas?

Please put the FLAC files on a USB flash drive, insert it into the Lumin USB port, then play from there. See if there's any difference.

If it still does not play from USB flash drive, please post links to one or two FLAC files you confirmed to be unplayable (assuming the music is free for download).

If it plays from the USB flash drive but not from NAS, that may be a NAS/MinimServer setup problem.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

. I was wondering if is was possible to use MinimStreamer to transcode from DSD128 to DSD64 with the Lumin? Does anyone know if this works? Thanks

I posted this question on the Minimstreamer forum and Simon replied that Minimstreamer would support transcoding all DSF to wav 24/384 or 24/352. Currently you cannot specify to transcode only DSD128. I did get it working and confirm that my DSF files are now transcoding to wav 24/384 on the Lumin.

I ran in to a problem with the Lumin being able to play FLAC DXD files (24/352). I downloaded several 24/352 files from the 2L High

Resolution Test Bench site.

For Lumin S1 / A1 / T1 / D1 playback of 352kHz or 384kHz in FLAC or ALAC, please convert them to WAV (or AIFF) first, or set the UPnP server to transcode it automatically.

Lumin U1 / M1 are able to handle 352kHz or 384kHz in FLAC or ALAC natively.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

For Lumin S1 / A1 / T1 / D1 playback of 352kHz or 384kHz in FLAC or ALAC, please convert them to WAV (or AIFF) first, or set the UPnP server to transcode it automatically.

Lumin U1 / M1 are able to handle 352kHz or 384kHz in FLAC or ALAC natively.

wklie, are you still working towards implementing Roon? If so, is this for all models and when do you anticipate having a Roon firmware update? Build 147 of Roon includes branding for Bryston, PS Audio and Auralic VEGA. No mention of Lumin at all. I guess I am looking for some reassurance that Lumin has a program towards Roon, with a target. psme informed us last November that Roon would be "soon".

Thanks

Also waiting for a Lumin to be RoonReady as announced at CES in Jan.

I love my Lumin.

stereo :  Kronos Sparta / Miyajima Madake / Lumin U1 streamer / Lampizator Big 7 / EAR 912 linestage / Pass Labs XA100.8  / Marten Coltrane Soprano speakers

nas : Qnap tvs-471 

• 3 weeks later...

A quick question. As a new D1 user, I'm assuming that my HDD attached to the USB port at the rear of the unit will enable me to see the drive in the Music Library list in the Lumin app? If not, how do I access it. Currently not visible. Formatted as EXFat on a Mac under El Capitan

• 4 weeks later...
Wklie,

Thanks for the article. It certainly helps to explain noise being generated from the power supply of the switches. I have already replaced the Lumin switching PSU to the HDPlex Linear PSU. Also, I have an Astron Linear PSU powers the Synology. Maybe I should look into replacing the switches PSU. Again, thanks for your inputs.

Hi Bkh,

You mentioned you had replaced the Synology SMPS with an Astron LPS. I'm currently trying to also replace the SMPS on my Synology 413 with an LPS (Uptone JS-2).

Were you able to notice any impact to the SQ after replacing the SMPS with the LPS on your Synology?

Does your Synology have a Kycon KPPX-4Pin connector for the power supply? If so, what adapter cable did you use to connect the LPS (assuming barrel connector) to your Synology?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I purchased a Lumin M1 a couple of weeks ago. Until 3 days ago the system was working perfectly streaming Qobuz (controller by Lumin app in iPhone 6). Over the last fee days nothing seems to work anymore whilst streaming Qobuz: playlist upload only partially, tracks pause in the middle, delay in executing app instructions ... Any thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks.

Hi. I purchased a Lumin M1 a couple of weeks ago. Until 3 days ago the system was working perfectly streaming Qobuz (controller by Lumin app in iPhone 6). Over the last fee days nothing seems to work anymore whilst streaming Qobuz: playlist upload only partially, tracks pause in the middle, delay in executing app instructions ... Any thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks.

Please try playing music from NAS or computer running MinimServer software. If it still behaves abnormally, power off the Lumin using the hard power switch, power off everything unnecessary on your network, reboot your router, wait for a few minutes then reboot the iPhone, then turn the Lumin back on.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

• 2 weeks later...

Lumin released Firmware 7.09.

It adds support for the Tidal / Qobuz features in Linn Kazoo app.

Android users may try this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.linn.kazoo&hl=en

For Lumin U1 only, it also extends the feature of (optional) DSD upconversion to mp3/aac, so U1 owners with DSD-only DAC can now play all supported music formats.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Hi psme. After installing Lumin app 6.0.4 appeared exactly the same problem with the imposition of the cover on the blank image as it was earlier versions Lumin app 3.0.5 and 3.0.6. it was described in the messages 824, 850, 851 and 853. Also 3.0.4 (if I remember correctly) did not have the cover image bug. The delay is not the problem. The problem is that it shows an empty picture and then the actual cover image scrolls up, over the empty picture.

My lumin A1 suddenly playing very low volume since just now. Experienced it few days ago but it normalised spontaneously. Power it on and off didn't solve the problem. Has troubleshoot and it's not cable or amplifier issues.

Any help?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pre-power-speakers:TAD C-600, TAD M700S, TAD CR1TX

Digital: TAD D-700, Grimm MU1/ Analog: CH Precision P1, Thales Slim II + easy tonearm + Ikeda Akiko

Isolation: SRA rack, G clef Wellfloat / Cabling: AET, SAEC Stratosphere, Jorma AES/LAN, Mad Scientist Audio, Tiglon

The level has been set to normal. Not sure is firmware or hardware issues. Anyway to reset lumin?

Digital: TAD D-700, Grimm MU1/ Analog: CH Precision P1, Thales Slim II + easy tonearm + Ikeda Akiko

Isolation: SRA rack, G clef Wellfloat / Cabling: AET, SAEC Stratosphere, Jorma AES/LAN, Mad Scientist Audio, Tiglon

The level has been set to normal. Not sure is firmware or hardware issues. Anyway to reset lumin?

Please use the Lumin app to toggle the Volume Control, Volume (0-100), and Analog Output Level settings. Try toggling these settings and see if you can bring back the volume to normal.

There are both RCA and XLR outputs - try the other one. Do not connect both at the same time.

Also try switching the audio interconnect to another input in the pre-amp.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Somehow I disconnect and reconnect the power cable between A1 and the power supply and it is back to normal. Last time also the same scenario and resolved by doing the above.

Will try to clean the contact points and monitor

Somehow I disconnect and reconnect the power cable between A1 and the power supply and it is back to normal. Last time also the same scenario and resolved by doing the above.

If you suspect a possibly bad contact with the power cable, check that the cable is not abnormally hot.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead