IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

Sorry for the trouble!

If possible, please send us the crash log. Please see instruction here:

How to Send an iOS App Developer a Crash Report: 12 Steps

Please email crash log to [email protected]

We will study the problem.

On the other hand, if the issue is too hard to handle in the long run, we may be forced to drop iPad 1 support. The first generation iPad has only 256MB RAM, which the iOS itself already takes more than 200MB RAM. It will soon becomes quite impossible to run the full LUMIN app (especially with a decent size of music library) within 50MB RAM!

Thanks!

associated with LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

@psme

I already send you the crash log.

As additional information , I didn't run other app and open Lumin app after I rebooted my Ipad. Just to make sure all available resources available for Lumin app.

I agree with Bloodwound, even you don;t have to make a new version for Ipad 1. Earlier version will be just fine. I didn't have crash problem with previous versions.

question for Lumin Music Hong Kong : ( i have tried for 2 weeks, email and voicemail to get respons to the following questions below, until now not many answers)

1. new Lumin D1 , delivered out of Hong Kong week 35 , the problem occured RCA output 4v rms instead of what it should be 2v rms ( 4v gives a saturation in all frequenties, at all volumes, harshes sound)

Lumin comfirmed problem with a patch of Lumin D1's, 1and 1/2 week later.

Until know, they have not informed us, when there gonna be new patch D1's delivered to the Netherlands, with the correct output on RCA of 2 v rms

2. Lumin L1 NAS

- What is the best way to backup this NAS ? with all the music files and maps in the same location

3. Where are the playlists located ? is it possible to back up ?

- on the nas L1 , on the Lumin player or on the Lumin APP

- for instance when the Lumin Player has a defect and needs a repair.

4. How can you delete playlists ?

- this problem occured, when i got a Lumin T1 from the distributor, because the D1 is for repair

- The Lumin T1, is a demo machine of the distributor, there were already a few playlists made. I could delete the songs, but not the playlist, the playlists stays exist with one song.

5. After used the Lumin T1 one for 10 hours, the following occurs, from out of the blue, the music was not correct in timing anymore, the artist Norah Jones, her voice was changed in a slow man kind of voice, instruments were slow in timing.I tried other tracks, exactly the same occured.

I solved it, by shutting down the app, shutdown the Lumin T1, shutdown the Lumin L1 Nas., then connect power again and start up everything.

It now plays for 3 hours again, wihout any problems.

- So probably a bug somewhere, i think ?? what do you think could be the problem ?

I have more questions,

but for the moment I hope Lumin Music, takes there customers/ dealers more serious,

not responding on emails or Phone calls for a week, is not positive, for such nice product.

For the money, it's a well organized product.

Best regards,

if you install 9.0 IOS ,

my own situation :

after install IOS 9 on my iPad,

Qobuz streaming on the Lumin app, did not work correctly, own playlists were not available or shown

see attached pictures.

you should first ;

shut down iPad

start up iPad

start up LUMIN app again

then Qobuz own playlists is working fine, as it now looks .

IMG_0008.PNG

IMG_0006[1].PNG

IMG_0007[1].PNG

IMG_0005[1].PNG

question for Lumin Music Hong Kong : ( i have tried for 2 weeks, email and voicemail to get respons to the following questions below, until now not many answers)

1. new Lumin D1 , delivered out of Hong Kong week 35 , the problem occured RCA output 4v rms instead of what it should be 2v rms ( 4v gives a saturation in all frequenties, at all volumes, harshes sound)

Lumin comfirmed problem with a patch of Lumin D1's, 1and 1/2 week later.

Until know, they have not informed us, when there gonna be new patch D1's delivered to the Netherlands, with the correct output on RCA of 2 v rms

2. Lumin L1 NAS

- What is the best way to backup this NAS ? with all the music files and maps in the same location

3. Where are the playlists located ? is it possible to back up ?

- on the nas L1 , on the Lumin player or on the Lumin APP

- for instance when the Lumin Player has a defect and needs a repair.

4. How can you delete playlists ?

- this problem occured, when i got a Lumin T1 from the distributor, because the D1 is for repair

- The Lumin T1, is a demo machine of the distributor, there were already a few playlists made. I could delete the songs, but not the playlist, the playlists stays exist with one song.

5. After used the Lumin T1 one for 10 hours, the following occurs, from out of the blue, the music was not correct in timing anymore, the artist Norah Jones, her voice was changed in a slow man kind of voice, instruments were slow in timing.I tried other tracks, exactly the same occured.

I solved it, by shutting down the app, shutdown the Lumin T1, shutdown the Lumin L1 Nas., then connect power again and start up everything.

It now plays for 3 hours again, wihout any problems.

- So probably a bug somewhere, i think ?? what do you think could be the problem ?

I have more questions,

but for the moment I hope Lumin Music, takes there customers/ dealers more serious,

not responding on emails or Phone calls for a week, is not positive, for such nice product.

For the money, it's a well organized product.

Best regards,

answer from the Lumin Company 21 sep 2015 :

Sorry for the delay in respond.

The LUMIN player has the current playlist. The LUMIN player current playlist is saved in the LUMIN player when power is removed. The LUMIN app shows the LUMIN player's current playlist.

Saved playlist is only stored in the LUMIN app.

Saved playlist in LUMIN app is also backed up on iCloud. If you use iCloud, you should have the same saved playlist using LUMIN app.

Do a "swipe to delete" to delete a saved playlist entry. It's a standard iOS operation.

The playlist (current or saved) contains the IP address of the server, so the playlist will only work in the same local network. Usually the saved playlist won't work with another music server or another network.

To backup (or copy/delete any file) file on L1, simply connect L1 via USB on the PC/Mac. PC/Mac will see the L1 as a simple USB storage. You can connect multiple L1 on a PC/Mac and copy files between different units, just like copy file between different USB storage.

On all LUMIN players, both digital output and analog output work at the same time (unless you disabled digital output in LUMIN app). You can connect both digital output and analog output at the same time. But do NOT connect both XLR and RCA analog output at the same time, because both analog outputs share the same output circuit and audio quality may be degraded if both analog outputs are active at the same time.

Thanks!

li.

Anyone known what will Lumin handle upsampled DSD via digital output?

By turning on the DoP option, Lumin can output DSD-over-PCM (DoP) over the BNC SPDIF digital output (some DAC accept DoP from coaxial, some do not). Doing this would mute the analogue outputs. It should apply to PCM to DSD upsampling too.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

• 3 weeks later...
Is the Lumin T1 a great improvment over Lumin D1 + External PSU? In my case its about 1K Eur more.

T1 is an A1 in a less expensive case, so T1 has the same dual-toroidal power supply, Lundahl LL7401 output transformers, and a dual-board design as A1 - these are absent from the D1.

There are some reviews that compared D1 to A1 (assuming sonically T1 is very close to it):

http://www.luminmusic.com/HiFi_123_Lumin_HR.pdf

StereoLife - Lumin D1

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

"a fully-digital signal path all the way to the speaker outputs"

LUMIN M1

Class-D power amplification retains digital signal path right to the speaker outputs

Does this indicate direct digital amplification (which is a subset of Class D) ala NAD C390DD/M2; or are they misrepresenting Class-D and its actually analogue input Class-D ala Hypex?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

• 2 weeks later...

Working well for me!

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

Class-D power amplification retains digital signal path right to the speaker outputs

Does this indicate direct digital amplification (which is a subset of Class D) ala NAD C390DD/M2; or are they misrepresenting Class-D and its actually analogue input Class-D ala Hypex?

Hello, any news concerning this LuMin M1 : chips (STM or TI, reference,) power supply etc....any pictures of the inside ?