IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

+1

The Audio Tragic

Main system: Mac Mini > Audiolense XO room correction (via Audirvana+ or HQPlayer) > Weiss DAC202 > Krell 302 > Revel Ultima2 Studio

Home office: QNAP NAS > Lumin D1 > Krell KAV-400xi -> Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M

Work: Mac Mini > HQP > NAA (Windows 10) >Uptone Regen > Exasound e12 > SPL Phonitor 2 > Audeze LCD-XC

Software players: Audirvana+, HQ Player, Roon, Lumin, optical internet

Hello newbie with a Lumin T1' i have a couple of question and i don't know if this is the right 3d.

First whic connection is better xlr or rca? Wich cable you use?

Second is there a better psu or not for t1?

Thanx for you support.

Stefano

Ciao Stefano.

[br]Lumin T1 - Transrotor Darkstar - McIntosh MA7000 - Synology NAS - Magnepan 1.7 - PS Audio P10 Power Plant.

Hello newbie with a Lumin T1' i have a couple of question and i don't know if this is the right 3d.

Thanx for you support.

Stefano

Use XLR if you can.

The T1 comes with the A1 linear PSU does it not?

You can always upgrade to a Kenneth Lau PSU. I've read mixed reviews, some say it's significant, some say it's negligible.

Abyss - Audeze - Sen

Simaudio Moon 600i - Lumin A1

Kii Three - KEF LS50

Thx yoga can you suggest wich xlr cable? Silver, copper others?

That depends on your budget. I'm by no means the person to ask about XLR cables, you're better off starting a new thread for that.

I managed to find a used Kimber Select 1130 balanced XLR for a very good price.

Abyss - Audeze - Sen

Kii Three - KEF LS50

Thanx for you support.

Stefano

I use Wireword Silver balanced cables and the supplied Lumin PSU with my A-1

• 2 weeks later...
Why are manufacturers so insistent on creating just iPad version of their app and not go the extra step of creating iPhone version as well? I understand the iPad experience is better but I find it an inconvenience having to switch devices all the time when I'm listening to music.

Lumin app 6.0 adds support of iPhone, in addition to iPad.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

• 1 month later...

I have been offered a Lumin D1 for a reasonable price. It is not a new unit. It was traded in. I am tempted to buy it. My original idea was to buy a Auralic Aries LE with something like a Gungnir Multibit or Metrum Octave. But since the Lumin is a nice all in one box it will safe me the costs of some cables.

But can anyone say something about the sound? How does it compared to say aforementioned combos? And how does the app compare?

The D1 can always be upgraded using a better DAC but that seems like a waist of money.

[br]

I have been offered a Lumin D1 for a reasonable price. It is not a new unit. It was traded in. I am tempted to buy it. My original idea was to buy a Auralic Aries LE with something like a Gungnir Multibit or Metrum Octave. But since the Lumin is a nice all in one box it will safe me the costs of some cables.

But can anyone say something about the sound? How does it compared to say aforementioned combos? And how does the app compare?

The D1 can always be upgraded using a better DAC but that seems like a waist of money.

The D1 is astonishing for the price - especially if you get a custom PSU for it. It doesn't have to be Kenneth Lau, I had one from MCRU (UK). The DAC in the D1 is fantastic. I'd choose it over the options you mentioned without blinking an eyelid.

Abyss - Audeze - Sen

Kii Three - KEF LS50

The D1 is astonishing for the price - especially if you get a custom PSU for it. It doesn't have to be Kenneth Lau, I had one from MCRU (UK). The DAC in the D1 is fantastic. I'd choose it over the options you mentioned without blinking an eyelid.

What does a Kenneth Lau PSU cost? I tried to google it but found nothing? Do they come in a 230V CE approved version? Teddy Pardo and Sbooster are CE certified.

[br]

I second that.

I have had the D1 only since about 2 months and am very happy with it. The sound quality is extraordinary, and together with the app the user friendliness is outstanding. I'm also thrilled that I can now enjoy gapless playback on all my about 5.500 CDs...!

• 4 weeks later...

Lumin app on my iPhone 6+ no longer sees my S1. I started another thread but I guess I should have put it here.

Both my iPads see the S1 but not the iPhone. Any idea what may be going on?

Thanks in advance!

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

I saw a new firmware upgrade just a couple of days ago. I think it was 7.03. After the upgrade, my JRiver can no longer see my Lumin S1 in the network. For the first time in years, I have to use the Lumin App for playback with the Lumin and it sucks big time.

What had they done to the Lumin in term of DLNA networking for this firmware? I hope they resolve it quickly.

(Audio)

Lumin app on my iPhone 6+ no longer sees my S1. I started another thread but I guess I should have put it here.

Both my iPads see the S1 but not the iPhone. Any idea what may be going on?

Kill the app and restart it, if it does not work, proceed as follows.

If you have a 5GHz WiFi router, please use separate SSID for 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi.

Designate specific channels for 5GHz and 2.4GHz, do not use AUTO.

Set country to USA for both 5GHz and 2.4GHz.

After doing these, re-establish the iPad WiFi connection to any of the two SSID (if changed), and verify your iPads can still access the Lumin.

Then connect the iPhone to the same SSID as the iPad. If it still does not work, try the other SSID. If it still does not work, reboot the iPhone. If it still does not work, reboot the WiFi router.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

If it still does not work, reboot the iPhone. If it still does not work, reboot the WiFi router.

I'm embarrassed to say that rebooting the iPhone took care of it. Thanks for the help!

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

I saw a new firmware upgrade just a couple of days ago. I think it was 7.03. After the upgrade, my JRiver can no longer see my Lumin S1 in the network. For the first time in years, I have to use the Lumin App for playback with the Lumin and it sucks big time.

I tested JRiver MC20, it has no problem seeing Lumin S1 (running firmware 7.03). Later I'll try a different setup when I have access to it.

Meanwhile, I suggest shutting down the computer runnig JRiver, cutting power to your Lumin, rebooting your WiFi router / AP / switches (if any), waiting for 5 minutes, then powering on the Lumin and the computer again. If it does not work, check the message I sent you.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

I tested JRiver MC20, it has no problem seeing Lumin S1 (running firmware 7.03). Later I'll try a different setup when I have access to it.

Meanwhile, I suggest shutting down the computer runnig JRiver, cutting power to your Lumin, rebooting your WiFi router / AP / switches (if any), waiting for 5 minutes, then powering on the Lumin and the computer again. If it does not work, check the message I sent you.

Wklie, I thank you for reacting very quickly to my rescue of my S1 by linking me to the 7.01 firmware. Even though I have download the downgrade, before I can insert the thumbdrive into my Lumin, my Lumin S1 had recovered and JRiver MC21 is working with 7.03.....as it should.

I cannot understand what had happened then but it cannot be the fault of the 7.03 firmware upgrade. Everything's alright now.

(Audio)

my Lumin S1 had recovered and JRiver MC21 is working with 7.03.....as it should.

I cannot understand what had happened then but it cannot be the fault of the 7.03 firmware upgrade.

UPnP discovery of devices is not always robust in some circumstances, as it involves complex interaction among devices and even the router. Usually restarting something will help.

I also tested a different setup of Lumin T1 running firmware 7.03 with JRiver MC20, it works as expected.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

I have a song on one of my demo disc that I can't figure out what the English translation of its title or the artist's name is. I believe the language is Japanese but I could be wrong.

If I am able to upload or link to the name, could someone possibly help?

Thank you!

Blue Demo Song 4 Unknown.jpg

That's Simplified Chinese. The title means War Drum.

I did a search and this page may be describing the artist:

???????????_????

Wklie, thank you very much for the help! The obsessive compulsive part of me can now complete the tagging of my demo disc!

• 2 weeks later...