IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

@Distinctive, sorry, I meant the method of accessing TIDAL login/account information is proprietary between Aries and it's controller app, I think! I don't have a Aries, hence I ask if Aries works with BubbleDS Next app for TIDAL integration. If it works, it should work with LUMIN app.
Psme, I believe you are correct in that Aries's support of OpenHome Media does not extend to accessing & streaming from TIDAL as Linn devices do. However, does the ohMedia spec actually define how internet service streaming should be implemented? Otherwise, the way Linn devices stream from TIDAL could also be considered 'proprietary'.

Ironically, if Distinctive sets the Aries device to use standard UPnP instead of OpenHome, then it should be able to use ohMedia control points that use Linn's method of accessing TIDAL, by using the BubbleUPnP Server helper application to provide the OpenHome renderer front end for the Aries!

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Tidal category Jazz has 99 albums and there is no artist included in the top 100. Nothing interesting.

I dunno....I currently have 467 albums in my TIDAL queue, and the majority of them are Jazz.

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

So the BubbleUPnP Server application couldn't see the Aries set as a UPnP renderer? That is odd.

I don't know what the licence issue is, the application has always been free. Unless... you haven't confused it with the similarly named BubbleUPnP app for Android, by any chance? That does have a paid for licence as well as a free version.

Despite their names and them sharing the same developer, they are not the same software and have totally different functions. The application I'm referring to is this one, designed to be run on some NASs, as well as Macs, Windows & Linux computers:

BubbleUPnP Server

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Hopefully you'll should get the Aries (must be set to UPnP) to appear on the list in its Media Renderers tab:

media_renderers.png

You should then be able to 'create' an OpenHome renderer for it, as per the instructions.

-- Jo Cox

@cebolla, OpenHome does cover TIDAL service.

TidalStreamingService - OpenHome

Thanks or the reference, Psme. It prompted me to go exploring to see if any other internet streaming services are covered by OpenHome. I found one other, Qobuz:

QobuzStreamingService - OpenHome

Would it be possible in the future for you to provide support on the LUMIN for Qobuz too?

-- Jo Cox

HI, i just trade my pioneer N70 for a Lumin D1.

My dealer send me qualia 381 PSU for testing, anynone has experience with this PSU. Has a recommended PSU for the D1?

I have a problem with some Portuguese internet radios, most of them appears in the Lumin app as "Not Supported", in tunein plays well. Why this happens?

Regards,

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kocl,

Did you find the D1 to be a big improvement compared to the N70?

HI, i just trade my pioneer N70 for a Lumin D1.

My dealer send me qualia 381 PSU for testing, anynone has experience with this PSU. Has a recommended PSU for the D1?

I have a problem with some Portuguese internet radios, most of them appears in the Lumin app as "Not Supported", in tunein plays well. Why this happens?

Regards,

• 1 month later...

Playlist bug is not completely eliminated (on my system, at least). Try to push a large number of tracks at once, a double CD for example, while some music is already playing. Sometimes it works, sometimes the app freezes and sometimes it crashes. On the other hand, BubbleUPnP Control Point is flawless somehow...

Playlist bug is not completely eliminated (on my system, at least). Try to push a large number of tracks at once, a double CD for example, while some music is already playing. Sometimes it works, sometimes the app freezes and sometimes it crashes. On the other hand, BubbleUPnP Control Point is flawless somehow...

The first few versions after 3.0.4 were horrible. 4.x was a little better. The newest version hasnt had this bug even once at my place. I just pushed and replaced 1000 tracks at once to the playlist without any problems. This is with an ipad4 running ios 8.4.

Yay!

New version (5.0.1) playlist handling improvement is noticeable on my system. So far so good, no hiccups or misbehavior. Anyway, let's not celebrate yet. Will report again after extensive usage during the weekend. Thank you so much for your care attention. Sincerely! :)

For me the A-Z bar on the right of the Lumin app screen does not work any more since I installed the new version 5.0 - I can still jump by scrolling down the bar on the right of the A-Z bar, but unfortunately not to a specific letter, which is somewhat annoying.

For me the A-Z bar on the right of the Lumin app screen does not work any more since I installed the new version 5.0 - I can still jump by scrolling down the bar on the right of the A-Z bar, but unfortunately not to a specific letter, which is somewhat annoying.

Running v 5.0.1, so I can't confirm this... A-Z Index Bar is working as designed on my side.

Running v 5.0.1, so I can't confirm this... A-Z Index Bar is working as designed on my side.
Just updated to 5.0.1 as well, and now it works again. That's good. Would've been better if it worked with the previous versions as well and you don't have to update things all the time...

Hi psme,

Thank you so much for the latest version and playlist bug fixes. It is doing great now!

Anyway, after this weekend of heavy testing my system, there is something I would like to report.

It might be affecting my specific set up only (old Java version on server side), but somehow I am no longer able to start a remote MinimServer library rescan using your App. Not a big problem, since I still can perform the task via web browser.

Thank you so much once again and keep up the good work!