IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

After months of faultless operation, my Lumin App on iPad 2 has developed a terminal problem after the last update to include Qobuz. It launches then after 2 seconds it closes. I have reinstalled the app and power cycled the Lumin to no avail. The only way I can control my Lumin is with Linn Kazoo.

Anyone have any ideas?

Martin

@ESL, I just checked with a iPad 2, iOS 7.0.3, running LUMIN app 5.01, without any issue. Please make sure your LUMIN player is using the latest 7.0 firmware.

And make sure the iPad storage space is not fully used up.

If problem persist, please do a full iPad Off/On How to Completely Power Down Your iPad: 6 Steps (with Pictures)

Try to run the LUMIN app while the LUMIN player is unplugged, and check if the LUMIN app still self closed in 2 seconds!

If all test fail, please PM me for further assistant.

associated with LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

@ESL, I just checked with a iPad 2, iOS 7.0.3, running LUMIN app 5.01, without any issue. Please make sure your LUMIN player is using the latest 7.0 firmware.

And make sure the iPad storage space is not fully used up.

If problem persist, please do a full iPad Off/On How to Completely Power Down Your iPad: 6 Steps (with Pictures)

Try to run the LUMIN app while the LUMIN player is unplugged, and check if the LUMIN app still self closed in 2 seconds!

If all test fail, please PM me for further assistant.

Thanks for quick responses. Firmware & app were up to date. iPad on 8.4 almost empty (only used as Lumin CP). Power down & reset didn't work. Resolved by erasing all settings & setting it up as a new iPad. Now it's fine. Go figure.

Martin

Just joined the Lumin club! Happy with the performance of Lumin D1, in my opinion, much better than my previous ZBox - DAC (MYTEK, LHLABS, TEAC) solution!

Powering up the Lumin with Jay's Audio LPS25VA, a LPS built on reference of famous Walt Jung Super Regulator, perfecto!

CB90B69D-A862-4DDB-A17C-6938CFF81929_zpso4ge0k2q.jpg

Alvin Chee, Vinshine Audio Pte. Ltd (Singapore)

Loyalty Program

A small gesture initiative to reward our Loyal Customers - Loyalty Program - Join Us Now!

• 3 weeks later...
In my case my Lumin app also stops working when I go to settings. No way now to access settings and change my server...very annoying!

:-(

OK, I am with iPad, but has been working flawlessly for a long long time.

Me too. Open settings, apply changes, app crashes to recents tray and home screen appears. App opens from recents without changes and has to rebuild running playlist.

App always closes to recents tray after 100secs or so whatever it was doing, playing or reloading library whatever. This with all latest firmware and app, iOS 8.4 on iPad 2, clean install with only 1 app - Lumin. iPad reset, erase, reboot, reinstall - nothing makes a difference. Lumin iPad app is unusable for me. I'm quite prepared to hear that it's the iPad rather than the app but I don't have anything else to try.

Martin

Hi all

the same for me,

on my old ipad2, eventually the app opened but only for 5s before crashing

on my new ipad air2, impossible to finish the install, it crashes just before finishing the blue circle during the opening process

i've spend to much time on that

Help !!

how could i check that the lumin player firmware is up to date ?

do you have any idea ti solve this ?

thks

Sorry about the trouble! Sadly the app works fine here with a few iPads running different iOS version.

Anyway, a new app is already submitted last week and should be released in a day or 2. Hopefully it will fix the issue...

associated with LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

Why are manufacturers so insistent on creating just iPad version of their app and not go the extra step of creating iPhone version as well? I understand the iPad experience is better but I find it an inconvenience having to switch devices all the time when I'm listening to music. I'm not a developer but I assume it's not that much more work to write an iPhone version of an app compared to writing an Android version which requires a totally different SDK.

Why are manufacturers so insistent on creating just iPad version of their app and not go the extra step of creating iPhone version as well? I understand the iPad experience is better but I find it an inconvenience having to switch devices all the time when I'm listening to music. I'm not a developer but I assume it's not that much more work to write an iPhone version of an app compared to writing an Android version which requires a totally different SDK.

I iphone version would be appreciated.

Hi Kocl,

Did you find the D1 to be a big improvement compared to the N70?

Yes, I tested the pionner n70 an recente the CA 851N and the D1 is better than any one those. The sound is much more dinamic and full.

In PCM i still prefer my DAC M51 through BNC, For DSD i use the D1.

WOuld be the T1 a big improvement over D1?