IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

Sorry for the delay on Android app. The effort is more than we thought! Our current target is in the first quarter. Hopefully with TIDAL integration as well.

Thanks!

Now that is very very interesting- when do you think you will have Tidal / wimp for the iPad version?

and thanks for a very nice product from a rather happy A1 customer ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

And the minimserver rescan button works for you? At me after record of a new album on Qnap 269L, Lumin App the new album doesn't define and the minimserver rescan button doesn't work. After reset of Qnap the minimserver rescan button also doesn't work, but by means of the button to update library it is possible to find a new album. It very much isn't convenient and I about it wrote earlier, but exchanged nothing in 3.0.7. Such wasn't in 3.0.4. Thanks.

Yes, I can still remotely rescan MinimServer from Lumin CP. My problem seems to be related with playlist handling only. Apparently, the communication with the renderer is nuked. Anyway, as I mentioned before, this never happened before and my system is still working perfectly with other controllers.

I am running Lumin with Minimserver on Synology DS1815 and the Lumin app . I am about to acquire a large number of WAV file that have been ripped from CDs. They are organized by artist and album. I use BLISS to automatically tag my music and find album art. My concern is whether I can successfuly tag WAV files using BLISS or some other tool If not, then I need to consider converting to another format that is more tag friendly (ALAC, FLAC, etc). If I need to convert I am interested in knowing if there are any tools that would allow a batch convert of all the files. Has anyone run into this issue before and what approaches were successful such that these albums show up on the Lumin app in the artist and album listings...I am still a little bit of a newbie on this...but very willing to learn. Thanks in advance for any help.

I found XLD as a batch tool to convert the WAV files..and using Metadatics to do the tagging At the recommendation of a few I started with FLAC. After converting to FLAC and tagging and then copying to NAS...the Lumin app could find the album with album search and find the artist with artist search...However the FLAC flies would not play. I selected all the files in that album to play and it just rotated through the entire list and would not play any of the files. I did a retry with a different album with the same result. I then tried to convert to Apple Lossless (M4A)...that worked...So I am wondering if there was some option in the FLAC conversion using XLD that caused this problem or is there some known issues with FLAC files on Lumin with Minimserver? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello. It may be useful to connect my experience Lumin and Qnap for Wi fi. I needed a lot of wires and lay it in the ready room was not very comfortable. I took two of the same router and set up the second as the first repeater. Qnap connected to the first router, and connected to the second Lumin. takm I get files by Wi fi. Blind test revealed no differences between connecting one router and wire and two routers without any wires. Routers Apple Airport Extreme, Qnap 669L, Qnap 269L, Lumin A1.

Sorry for the trouble! If possible please describe more detail of the problem. Also please list your iOS version, renderer brand/model, UPnP/DLNA server etc.

We test against LUMIN and LINN renderer and MinimServer and the system works fine for me and around 20 users that I know personally.

associated with LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

Hello psme. I previously sent you a video and there is the cover image (folder.jpg) is opened late. And if you open the windows of the play, then opened immediately and without delay. iOS 8.3, ipad 2, minimserver 0.8.3 (65), qnap ts-269L, qnap ts-669L, Lumin A1. This is the only drawback at the moment.

Regarding playlist population reported issue: I use various UPnP renderers (JRiver, foobar+BubbleUPnP plugin and Daphile). I also use BubbleUPnP Server on Windows for OpenHome capabilities. Music collection is offered by MinimServer on Windows. Everything runs smoothly with Lightning DS and Linn Kazoo on iOS 8 (and also on BubbleUPnP control point with various Android tablet & phones).

I will try to use BubbleUPnP Server created OpenHome renderer for a while and check if any issue.

@pisatel, the cover image delay is due to the now playing (upper left corner) image is always fetched from the server each time. If the cover image is large (few hundreds KB to MB etc), it may take a few seconds to load, especially on a weak wi-fi speed setup. Will try to think of some way to speed up the process...

associated with LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player