Very good performance, great sound. I bought the 24/96 from Qobuz, but it's available from the label in DSD, multi-channel, and the original 8X PCM recording format. 

small_cover.png

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

came across this new release:

edgar.jpg.d8020f3921854c795faa89bb4104489f.jpg

https://open.qobuz.com/album/vtn197itvv3jb

which reminded me of this, which I hadn't heard in years. It's held up well:

https://open.qobuz.com/album/0074643158428

Ewgroup.jpg

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

1 hour ago, ASRMichael said:

I’m not usually a country fan, if this is country? But this is such an amazing recording. His voice just pops out at you! Must listen!  

019B4522-268E-44AB-B13B-69ED2676C293.jpeg

You can test the noise level/resolution of your system and your hearing: Can you hear the backgroud crickets - with your system at normal volume - throughout the song in the title cut?

If your system isn't good, or your hi frequency hearing isn't good, you won't. 

Was recommended this performance, and the hybrid SACD disc. It's an early 50khz (1978, Sounstream) digital recording that was converted to SACD in 2000. 

Ripped it, and It's actually quite a nice sounding disc. Lots of dynamics, and not harsh sounding as one might expect from digital of that era. The Redbook version is available at Qobuz.

firebird.jpg

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Still listening to the new RHCP album. Then I saw this tweet and just had to share it. love this album!

Wow, I hadn't even checked it out till I saw this, b/c of previous bad experience with highly VC albums of theirs - unlistenable, IMO.

But this - sounds totally different. Great, I can just listen and enjoy/evaluate the music, instead of the sound - or lack thereof. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good stuff. Just $3,95 with Qobuz Sublime. Too good and cheap to pass up.

mabern.jpg

19 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If it comes with a poster, @AudioDoctorwill order it 😁

I thought @AudioDoctorneeds her to come together with a marriage contract....

21 hours ago, semente said:

Somewhat brilliant...

0060254786244_600.jpg

That's an understatement....

Maybe my favorite Coltrane album.

12 hours ago, Rexp said:

Great on vinyl, which digital version do you recommend?

I have an SACD rip, which I'm pretty sure is from Analog Productions. Doesn't look like they sell it anymore. 

7 hours ago, Rexp said:

Yes the 24/192 version, from 2016 seems to be the one to get, it's not listed on my Qobuz app for some reason. Can't see who did the mastering either?

Apparently the offers you get to actually buy vary by country. When I log in, that price disappears and I'm only able to access a page for the album that sells it at double the price.

• 2 weeks later...

2022-05-13 11 11 37.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, zyberguran said:

During my student years, I found this album as an LP on sale in one of my local record stores (yes, there were several!).

I remember playing the fourth movement on high volume during some hot summer evening – and also some romantic moments with my girlfriend at the time while listening to the enchanting tunes of the first and second movements.

Since then, I have listened to several other versions, but none has succeeded in evoking such sweet and deep emotions as this BPO version with conductor Ferenc Fricsay.

I still have the LP, cleaned and in good shape, but I was happy to see that Qobuz now has a special Hi-Res orchestral selection of DG at a discounted price. And that’s where I found it again!

71Xq01+g7jL._SX466_.jpg

Thanks. Bought and downloaded.

Dylan covers. Good stuff.

2022-05-22 10 38 08.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Rexp said:

Sure, I'm not so keen on the 2011 DSOTM on Qobuz, thinking of shelling out for the 2021 version on HDtracks.

What don't you like about it?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, graham said:

Undercurrent (2007 Remaster) by Kenny Drew on Apple Music

Was unaware of this one. Great stuff. Qobuz download on the way.