If you haven't picked up the new release from Sound Liaison that dropped today, stop what you're doing and fix that ;)

This is a 1950's style recording, but with modern gear.  Incredible musicians, but an even more incredible "In the room" experience

witmer-trio-free.thumb.jpg.25ba3b206743ee38a30ee33af27197ac.jpg

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cambridgehank said:

Thanks for recommending this album. I purchase my music from the iTunes store and I do not hear Yusef Lateef in the band.  I searched YouTube for Poinciana from this concert, iTunes notes that he is featured in this song.  No signs of him in the video.  And the album cover picture looks like he was added in. Great album non the less.

I was wondering about this as well. Lateef would have been in his early 90s(!) when this was recorded (he died a year later at 93).

The blurb at HD Tracks (below) answered the question for me.  Looks like he joined the band for the final song (Poinciana).  I'm looking forward to giving this a listen once Tidal gets it.

Olympia, Paris, June 27, 2012. In this mythical concert hall, the Ahmad Jamal quartet played in telepathic mode to reinvent the Blue Moon repertoire. Then, before giving the audience a transformed rendering of Poinciana, a hit from the Chess era, the pianist brought on stage Yusef Lateef who played with him in the glory days of the Atlantic label. The pioneering world fusion wind player then conjured up some magical moments and took us on one of those mystical journeys to which he has the key. This recording offers the entire historic concert, illuminated by these two jazz greats inspired by groove and the spirit of the sacred.

Recorded June 27, 2012 at L'Olympia in Paris, France.

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

image.thumb.png.acbdbea4f2d0e59c419e06518ecf9ca7.png

Saw the film last night. One of the most extraordinary concerts I've ever seen, and the soundtrack captures it perfectly.  I urge folks to see the film in theaters if you possible can ("Stones" by itself is worth the price of admission...that performance will be etched in my memory for a very very long time)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.01b9605ab592a679eea201410d35e0ba.png

Such a fresh (and refreshing) talent...a delight to hear his music straight up while we wait for him to get back to the left side of the pond.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.f776b995651fdcc0fb0c76de4d946c01.png

We saw Yola in concert last night (INCREDIBLE!) and her opening act Amythyst Kiah completely blew us  away...amazing talent.  Kiah closed her set with an incredibly powerful performance of "Black Myself".  That was the gateway to this gem of an album, which I completely missed last year.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.dd08b860a874f51a1b3d19650f697853.png

Purchased this new favorite today as part of the Chesky "May Sale".  Heartbreakingly lovely...so beautiful!

47 minutes ago, TubeLover said:

I've wanted to listen to this for years, but it's not available in any way except from Chesky. No streaming service offers it for a chance to preview it.I should just buy it, given the quality of her voice, and my fondness for the material on it. Did you purchase it in 96/24? And, how do I access the May sale? I'm not seeing anything on their web page.

JC 

i purchased it in Chesky website. MAYTITLES Is the code to get 25% off. Amazing album. The beauty really is replenishing for the soul