4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I prefer not to even go down these paths anymore. Immersive audio has really changed my perspective in more ways than one. In this case, I just don't care anymore about trying to determine the original intent of artists 50 years or 50 days ago. I don't think it even gets us as listeners anywhere, other than into interesting conversations. We think we know, based on a few published quotes, but in reality I wouldn't bet a bitcoin on any of this. Plus, as an audiophile, I just want to accurately reproduce what's on the commercial release, no matter what that is.

It may feel good to believe we have the "definitive" version as the artists intended, but the reality is it's just a different version in 99% of the cases. 

Back to listening. Now playing ...

Pretty much agree. We have whatever has been released and that's all. It's pretty clear that lots of albums have no one way they are "supposed" to sound. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, firedog said:

Pretty much agree. We have whatever has been released and that's all. It's pretty clear that lots of albums have no one way they are "supposed" to sound. 

Folks are still discussing what performances of Bach, Beethoven, etc., are most definitive or correct centuries later, so I don't think it will ever be done. Sometimes comments along these lines can be entertaining in the Album of the Evening thread, often in comments to a "The Best Version Of..." article, or perhaps in their own separate threads.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

9 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

Interesting, I played it once, I quite liked it, never played it again..

For those who still don't know - this is

David Alibow Mini Bow Set 17.7 in Short Youth Bow Recurve Bow with 6 Wood Arrows  : Amazon.in: Toys & Gamesie's album "File:Black Star.svg - Wikimedia Commons"

I liked it a lot actually. I listened to the LP like once, that was 3 years ago and just listen to the digital version since.

Sorry I did not expect people not know what this album was. 😅

A great new LP from Jose James is out ( released Jan 2023)) On & On. He went back to his hip-hop and soul inspired jazz. It is available on Bandcamp.

I especially love track 3 - Green Eyes.

Screenshot_20230317_073949_VLC.jpg

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

An LP, off of Bandcamp, I discovered. If you love the MOTOWN sound this group is for you.

Screenshot_20230317_082823_VLC.jpg

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

On 3/16/2023 at 9:09 AM, Boy Howdy said:

???

On 3/16/2023 at 9:22 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

?

Chris:

Just continuing my ongoing frustration for people posting without any attribution so that I and others participating in this discussion can find and/or purchase the anonymous recording.

Mike

27 minutes ago, Boy Howdy said:

Chris:

Just continuing my ongoing frustration for people posting without any attribution so that I and others participating in this discussion can find and/or purchase the anonymous recording.

Mike

I know my last 2 posts, I said I got them on bandcamp. You can buy them there.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590