On 3/5/2023 at 12:43 PM, stefano_mbp said:

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem that Mola Mola Tambaqui can do UPNP, it’s Roon only

I wouldn't be 100% sure. There is an alternative app which might use UPnP: https://www.mola-mola.nl/remote.php

So I'd recommend trying JPLAY app and see if it detects Mola Mola DAC.

1 hour ago, steveoat said:

I tried "Safe Transition Mode" and am still having the same problem.  What else do you suggest I try?

It could be that your router updated firmware and that update disabled some features. Not likely, but please check that ICMP and IGMP are enabled on your router

Best regards,
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

5 hours ago, steveoat said:

I tried "Safe Transition Mode" and am still having the same problem.  What else do you suggest I try?

Just out of curiosity, @steveoat, are you using an xfinity Xfi modem/router?

I am, and I have wondered whether that is the cause of my chronic connectivity issues. It isn't very configurable, compared to other modern routers, and it definitely has some quirks. 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

I'm trying to add my new Qobuz account in Jplay app but it isn't working. I Had no issues with my Tidal Account, it seems to access a http Qobuz page but somehow it return a error saying that it not possible to login in Qobuz. 

Any idea ?

Attachment0.jpeg

3 hours ago, Marcin_gps said:

Please try safe transition mode in the settings panel for your audio output

Best regards,
Marcin

Ah I see what the issue is here. If the iPhone itself is the renderer, in my case going iPhone OUT to bluetooth headphones, there is no safe transition or stop before play option. So perhaps I have discovered a bug, because it seems not many others here have this particular use case. Everyone is using the apple device as a control point not a renderer.

I also have a Lindemann Limetree Bridge II streamer on my stereo, so will love to see if there is sound differences compared with the Lindemann app. Perhaps not, because this streamer is known for its pure sound quality, above things like the Bluesound node and Primare Prisma Np5.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I purchased the iOS JPLAY app today and I'm trying to find out if there is a page that describes the settings that are available. I think I'm probably searching for information and examples for the "metadata and sync options."

I've got a Lumin L1 and Qobuz account and JPLAY displays each library on its own via the "Qobuz"  and "Local Network" fine but the "My Library" view has a couple of things I'd like to better organize - artist names that start with "The" for example.

Qobuz library results display and sort by "The" but my Lumin L1 library with artists tagged "(Artist), The" are sorted as only having the main name and omitting "The."  Then "The" has its own entry in the list and under it are what looks like all the artists that have a ", The" tag.

The only other thing I noticed is a case where I don't have a particular artist's albums in either my Qobuz or Lumin library but the artist shows up under the artist view possibly because that artist name is in the actual album title metadata of a title on my L1.

On 5/8/2023 at 10:18 PM, CJA said:

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I purchased the iOS JPLAY app today and I'm trying to find out if there is a page that describes the settings that are available. I think I'm probably searching for information and examples for the "metadata and sync options."

I've got a Lumin L1 and Qobuz account and JPLAY displays each library on its own via the "Qobuz"  and "Local Network" fine but the "My Library" view has a couple of things I'd like to better organize - artist names that start with "The" for example.

Qobuz library results display and sort by "The" but my Lumin L1 library with artists tagged "(Artist), The" are sorted as only having the main name and omitting "The."  Then "The" has its own entry in the list and under it are what looks like all the artists that have a ", The" tag.

The only other thing I noticed is a case where I don't have a particular artist's albums in either my Qobuz or Lumin library but the artist shows up under the artist view possibly because that artist name is in the actual album title metadata of a title on my L1.

Hi @CJA

All settings are described directly in the app. 

If you don't understand metadata options it's probably better to leave at default. 

I will discuss 'The' case with my partner. 

Best regards,
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

On 5/10/2023 at 6:59 AM, Marcin_gps said:

Hi @CJA

All settings are described directly in the app. 

If you don't understand metadata options it's probably better to leave at default. 

I will discuss 'The' case with my partner. 

Best regards,
Marcin

I experimented with the metadata options to deal with artist names tagged as "ARTIST, The" and now artist names on my local server are displayed in that way.  As a bonus, artist artwork is displayed now, too, which was not happening when JPlay was inadvertently set to drop "The" from the artist name.

The only place that it becomes slightly inconvenient is when browsing "My Library" where Qobuz is sorted as "The ARTIST" with other "T" artists and my local library is sorted by the main artist name.  Perhaps a possible solution is an option to have local library artists that are tagged as "ARTIST, The" be sorted using "The" to align with the default Qobuz sorting.

My audio output is a Vitus SIA-030 and I had been using MConnnect's mcontrol app before downloading JPlay.

There are 2 other issues for me that I can't seem to crack.

First, my Vitus supports gapless playback and I'm able to use it with the mcontrol app. But JPlay will not play gapless to the Vitus despite appearing to be set to do that. Also, in general the pauses between songs from either my local server or Qobuz are 8 to 10 seconds long. Is that just how JPlay works? The pauses are very distracting.

Second, is there a reason why individual tracks cannot be added to the queue? Even if a single track is selected in Qobuz or from my server, the entire album from the selected track onward is sent to the queue. 

Other than that I'd like to see bit depth displayed with the currently shown sample rate. A replay gain setting when the "radio" feature is turned "on" would also be great if it's possible in the future.

JPlay is undoubtedly better sounding than the MConnect app which I was not really expecting.

11 hours ago, CJA said:

Second, is there a reason why individual tracks cannot be added to the queue? Even if a single track is selected in Qobuz or from my server, the entire album from the selected track onward is sent to the queue

Try this:

• select an album
  • tap on the vertical three dots icon on the right of a track
  • tap now on the down-arrow on the right of Play
  • tap on Add to Queue
11 hours ago, CJA said:

Other than that I'd like to see bit depth displayed with the currently shown sample rate

Bit depth and Sample rate are shown at the bottom of the Now Playing window 

IMG_2464.thumb.jpeg.5be57fe6d366711f76f8cb583b0a6aec.jpeg

11 hours ago, CJA said:

First, my Vitus supports gapless playback and I'm able to use it with the mcontrol app. But JPlay will not play gapless to the Vitus despite appearing to be set to do that.

As I can read in a previous post you’re using the Lumïn L1 as UPNP server…

It should be interesting if you could try using Minimserver that you can install for free on any pc with Windows/macOS/Linux OS … the issue could be on the L1.

Can you post the screenshot of the renderer settings in JPlay?

Stefano

My audio system

1 hour ago, stefano_mbp said:
17 hours ago, CJA said:

First, my Vitus supports gapless playback and I'm able to use it with the mcontrol app.

MConnect Player has two gapless settings:

• by the app
  • by the renderer

which one are you using?

Conversdigital's mconnect Control (aka mcontrol) app is the dedicated controller for Conversdigital's own streamer hardware. It is not the same as Conversdigital's mconnect Player app which can be used to control Chromecast and standard UPnP/DLNA streamers.

Perhaps the Vitus's Conversdigital designed streamer module only supports gapless playback with its dedicated controller, so (unfortunately) not when operated as a standard UPnP streamer (ie, with a gapless supporting standard UPnP controller app like JPLAY for iOS or mconnect Player). 

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

No. It (& the rebranded/customised versions) are only for Conversdigital's own boards - you cannot use it with standard UPnP streamers. Plus, who knows how Conversdigital's hardware supports gapless? Certainly cannot assume it uses the same mechanism as standard UPnP (via the SetNextAVTransportURI UPnP AVTransport action).

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

13 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

It (& the rebranded/customised versions) are only for Conversdigital's own boards - you cannot use it with standard UPnP streamers.

I was saying that Control and Player apps have the same functionalities regarding playing.

13 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

Certainly cannot assume it uses the same mechanism as standard UPnP (via the SetNextAVTransportURI UPnP AVTransport action).

That’s why I was asking which gapless setting was used (by app or by renderer) and I’m quite sure it is by app

Stefano

My audio system

6 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

Try this:

• select an album
  • tap on the vertical three dots icon on the right of a track
  • tap now on the down-arrow on the right of Play
  • tap on Add to Queue

Bit depth and Sample rate are shown at the bottom of the Now Playing window 

IMG_2464.thumb.jpeg.5be57fe6d366711f76f8cb583b0a6aec.jpeg

As I can read in a previous post you’re using the Lumïn L1 as UPNP server…

It should be interesting if you could try using Minimserver that you can install for free on any pc with Windows/macOS/Linux OS … the issue could be on the L1.

Can you post the screenshot of the renderer settings in JPlay?

Hi,

Thanks for showing me where I can add tracks individually. It works perfectly for Qobuz and my local library on the Lumin L1!

For the bit depth display, it's only displayed when playing Qobuz tracks. Local library tracks only indicate the file type and sample rate as pictured below.. I can probably live without seeing it on my local library tracks since I tag music in my local library as high-res  in the album title. I hadn't realized Qobuz tracks displayed it previous to your pointing it out.

For renderer settings in the JPlay app, see below.

The Vitus has a menu on the device itself to turn on gapless and the mcontrol app has a similar menu selection as JPlay to toggle the selection on or off.

I don't know if I can install mimimserver on the L1 and I don't think I really want to go in that direction.

Also, the "configuration page" for the Vitus does not exist in either JPlay or mcontrol - it doesn't seem to be a feature they built in outside of the menu on the hardware itself. 

IMG_6162.jpeg

IMG_6161.jpeg

54 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

I was saying that Control and Player apps have the same functionalities regarding playing.

Ok - as long as we are clear that doesn't mean that Conversdigital's proprietary streamer gapless support must work in exactly the same way as standard UPnP gapless support does.

54 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

That’s why I was asking which gapless setting was used (by app or by renderer) and I’m quite sure it is by app

It's been a while since I used the mconnect Player app. That old version didn't have separate gapless 'by app' or 'by renderer' settings then - only a single 'gapless 'setting. Presumably the (new) 'by app' one is to get the app's built-in local player (for the iPad/iPhone itself) to support gapless - so absolutely nothing to do with any networked streamer being controlled by the app (for which the original single gapless setting was for & presumably the new 'by renderer' one is also for).

Is that your understanding of the difference?

If so, why would there be a need for a 'by app' gapless setting in the mconnect Control app as I believe it is only a controller for Conversdigital's proprietary streamers (so the app has no local player for the iPhone/iPad)?

-- Jo Cox

25 minutes ago, CJA said:

don't know if I can install mimimserver on the L1 and I don't think I really want to go in that direction.

AFAIK you cannot, but you could install it on any pc as said before just for troubleshooting.

You set in JPlay the Update Time to 1, it seems too low, try setting 10/20 (I use 20), this setting can have some impact on gapless (try this before trying to install Minimserver)

Stefano

My audio system