22 hours ago, Marcin_gps said:

JPLAY 1.0.6 is now available

- Support for Conductor, Ensembles and Soloists in Local Libraries;

it's worth adding that, to get the most out of these new features, you need to add in the Minimserver (*) upnpCustom property:

• multiTag={Artist, Genre, Composer, Conductor, Soloists, Orchestra}
  • roleTags={Composer, Conductor, Soloists, Orchestra}

(*) Full license is required to manage this property 

Stefano

My audio system

1 hour ago, mnuno10 said:

What is wrong with the choice of favorite album?

Regarding synchronization, how many album/tracks do you have? What server do you use? And how many minutes it takes to sync your whole library?

What do you mean by it cannot be updated after restarting?

Sorry for all the questions, but is to help us understand the problems and try to fix them.

Are you using the latest version(1.0.7)? Version 1.0.6 has a bug that leads to "My Activity" screen not load properly, but that is fixed in version 1.0.7, maybe that could be related?

The choice of favorite albums I mentioned should have nothing to do with the number of collections! ?

For example, I added or subtracted favorite albums on the Qobuz official app (press the love button or remove it),

The official App displays the results immediately; if you increase or decrease your favorite albums in the Jplay App,

After re-opening the Qobuz official app, the correct result can also be displayed;

But my increase and decrease actions in the official app, even with the new version 1.07 of Jplay, are still not updated and displayed correctly.

ericcatz

Qobuz 01a.jpg

source: 12900H (Intel mini pc w/32GB 240GB NVMe SSD running HQPe V5), RPi 4B/4GB w/10M OCXO clock & supercapacitor(NAA) & RPi 5/8GB & RPi cm4 w/ 10M OCXO clock(NAA)

DAC: Holo audio Cyan 2, Musician Pegasus

Headphone Amplihier: DA&T HA-3, xDuoo TA-05

Speaker: Acoustic Energy AE1 active

Headphone: Hennheiser HD-800 & HD-800s

1 hour ago, stefano_mbp said:

it's worth adding that, to get the most out of these new features, you need to add in the Minimserver (*) upnpCustom property:

• multiTag={Artist, Genre, Composer, Conductor, Soloists, Orchestra}
  • roleTags={Composer, Conductor, Soloists, Orchestra}

(*) Full license is required to manage this property 

Thank you for pointing out @stefano_mbp. Yes, in order to take advantage of latest developments, user needs to change their MinimServer properties. Let me add that Ensemble and Choir are also supported. So user can make their properties look like these:

multiTag={Artist, Genre, Composer, Conductor, Soloists, Orchestra, Ensemble, Choir}
roleTags={Composer, Conductor, Soloists, Orchestra, Ensemble, Choir}

Orchestra, Choir and Ensemble artists will go under "Ensemble" in the app.

It will also work with other servers that support these roles in artist tags.

We are preparing a little guide to help MinimServer's users to tweak their properties, in order to, take full advantage of their metadata in JPLAY app.

1 hour ago, Le dom said:

Ah thank you Mario, I haven’t seen there is version 1.07.

Great! 

33 minutes ago, ericcatz said:

The choice of favorite albums I mentioned should have nothing to do with the number of collections! ?

For example, I added or subtracted favorite albums on the Qobuz official app (press the love button or remove it),

The official App displays the results immediately; if you increase or decrease your favorite albums in the Jplay App,

After re-opening the Qobuz official app, the correct result can also be displayed;

But my increase and decrease actions in the official app, even with the new version 1.07 of Jplay, are still not updated and displayed correctly.

ericcatz

Qobuz 01a.jpg

Yes, right know in order to sincronize items that you mark/remove as favorites outside JPLAY app, you need to go to "Settings" > "Qobuz" and select "Sync Data".

This happens because, we need to download all your favorites to the device, in order to you to access them faster and use the multiple filters, search and sort options that app provides. 

8 minutes ago, mnuno10 said:

Yes, right know in order to sincronize items that you mark/remove as favorites outside JPLAY app, you need to go to "Settings" > "Qobuz" and select "Sync Data".

This happens because, we need to download all you favorites to the device, in order to you to access them faster and use the multiple filters, search and sort options that app provides. 

Ahh - That was not obvious to me at all. I just sat experimenting with both iPad and iPhone 13, and they were out of synch..

Please please move or provide the Synch Data more to the front of the app, for example, when on Qobuz Favourites in JPlay, Swipe-Down-From-Top causes the Synch process to start, a method often seen to update the screen and its list contents on iOS, that way I will intuitively know that I’m up to date very quickly. I have not noticed this as  I have only been using JPlay to alter favourites since I started using the app, and very rarely have the Qobuz or Tidal apps open.

However having just downloaded version 1.07 I noticed that : when I am on the My Activity, any action I perform after having scrolled down the screen, for example - Scrolling down to the Albums Section, when I then press the Most Played, or Recently Played, I am brought to  the correct Tap, but every time I am brought to the top of the screen - this makes no sense at all, Please remember Screen-Scroll-Offset when switching between items, so that I see the switch between for example the two tabs : Recently Played/ Most Played. 

Otherwise, excellent app!

23 minutes ago, mnuno10 said:

Thank you for pointing out @stefano_mbp. Yes, in order to take advantage of latest developments, user needs to change their MinimServer properties. Let me add that Ensemble and Choir are also supported. So user can make their properties look like these:

multiTag={Artist, Genre, Composer, Conductor, Soloists, Orchestra, Ensemble, Choir}
roleTags={Composer, Conductor, Soloists, Orchestra, Ensemble, Choir}

Orchestra, Choir and Ensemble artists will go under "Ensemble" in the app.

It will also work with other servers that support these roles in artist tags.

We are preparing a little guide to help MinimServer's users to tweak their properties, in order to, take full advantage of their metadata in JPLAY app.

Great! 

This happens because, we need to download all your favorites to the device, in order to you to access them faster and use the multiple filters, search and sort options that app provides. 

Well done! It works! Thanks!

ericcatz

source: 12900H (Intel mini pc w/32GB 240GB NVMe SSD running HQPe V5), RPi 4B/4GB w/10M OCXO clock & supercapacitor(NAA) & RPi 5/8GB & RPi cm4 w/ 10M OCXO clock(NAA)

7 minutes ago, Easterman said:

Ahh - That was not obvious to me at all. I just sat experimenting with both iPad and iPhone 13, and they were out of synch..

Please please move or provide the Synch Data more to the front of the app, for example, when on Qobuz Favourites in JPlay, Swipe-Down-From-Top causes the Synch process to start, a method often seen to update the screen and its list contents on iOS, that way I will intuitively know that I’m up to date very quickly. I have not noticed this as  I have only been using JPlay to alter favourites since I started using the app, and very rarely have the Qobuz or Tidal apps open.

However having just downloaded version 1.07 I noticed that : when I am on the My Activity, any action I perform after having scrolled down the screen, for example - Scrolling down to the Albums Section, when I then press the Most Played, or Recently Played, I am brought to  the correct Tap, but every time I am brought to the top of the screen - this makes no sense at all, Please remember Screen-Scroll-Offset when switching between items, so that I see the switch between for example the two tabs : Recently Played/ Most Played. 

Otherwise, excellent app!

"Sync Favorites"

Yes, "Sync Data" in somehow hidden. We look into it and improve it.

"My Activity"

Yes, in the latest version, fixing a bug in this screen, we introduce this "scroll to top when clicking a tab" issue. In the next version it will be fixed.

Thank you for the feedback ;)

2 minutes ago, mnuno10 said:

"Sync Favorites"

Yes, "Sync Data" in somehow hidden. We look into it and improve it.

"My Activity"

Yes, in the latest version, fixing a bug in this screen, we introduce this "scroll to top when clicking a tab" issue. In the next version it will be fixed.

Thank you for the feedback ;)

Excellent!

thanks for a very speedy response

and you are most welcome.

The very best regards

1.0.7 still gives permission error despite being allowed to access my local network and fails to discover both renderers and servers. No bueno. 

at least the wording of the error message has been updated 😒

also seems that, once i finally get my renderer connected, it only shows L16 audio formats being supported. I am using upmpdcli as the upnp software on the end point, which definitely supports 24 bit playback. 

1 hour ago, Spacecase said:

1.0.7 still gives permission error despite being allowed to access my local network and fails to discover both renderers and servers. No bueno. 

at least the wording of the error message has been updated 😒

also seems that, once i finally get my renderer connected, it only shows L16 audio formats being supported. I am using upmpdcli as the upnp software on the end point, which definitely supports 24 bit playback. 

My suggestion is: turn on the VPN connection of your IOS device, so that you can get UPnP playback devices in your LAN!

ericcatz

6 hours ago, Spacecase said:

1.0.7 still gives permission error despite being allowed to access my local network and fails to discover both renderers and servers. No bueno

Can you describe your setup?

6 hours ago, Spacecase said:

also seems that, once i finally get my renderer connected, it only shows L16 audio formats being supported. I am using upmpdcli as the upnp software on the end point, which definitely supports 24 bit playback

What is your renderer?

Stefano

My audio system

https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/

An UPnP Audio Media Renderer based on MPD

upmpdcli is a UPnP Media Renderer front-end for MPD, the Music Player Daemon. It supports UPnP gapless track transitions and the OpenHome ohMedia services (including a Radio service to listen to Internet streams).

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

13 hours ago, Spacecase said:

also seems that, once i finally get my renderer connected, it only shows L16 audio formats being supported. I am using upmpdcli as the upnp software on the end point, which definitely supports 24 bit playback

L16 is supposed to refer specifically to 16bit raw LPCM type of audio streams, so nothing to do with audio streams in general especially including the more usual audio file format encoded type of streams such as WAV, FLAC, etc (and therefore whether 16bit or 24bit of those type of audio streams are supported or not). 

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

29 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

@Cebolla … I should have written “which is “ … it’s clear that is an upnp renderer but we don’t know who’s the manufacturer and which model it is

Open source upmpdcli is the UPnP renderer. There is no other, if the manufacturer uses upmpdcli as the UPnP renderer in their streamer models.

-- Jo Cox

7 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

Can you describe your setup?

What is your renderer?

58 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

Open source upmpdcli is the UPnP renderer. There is no other, if the manufacturer uses upmpdcli as the UPnP renderer in their streamer models.

There is no manufacturer. It's MPD and umpdcli running on a debian box.

Uh as far as the setup... I have LMS and minim running on a server, I have jplay on an iPad and umpdcli running on another machine.

3 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

Then it’s a matter of how you have configured it … not so easy solution in my opinion

There's nothing exotic about how my setup is configured. I'm happy to provide any logs or debugging info you may need, but JPlay is the only app that has issue discovering my servers and renderer. So I do not believe the problem is on my end.  Additionally, my solution with MPD is the exact same thing used in sonore products

4 minutes ago, Spacecase said:

There's nothing exotic about how my setup is configured. I'm happy to provide any logs or debugging info you may need, but JPlay is the only app that has issue discovering my servers and renderer. So I do not believe the problem is on my end.  Additionally, my solution with MPD is the exact same thing used in sonore products

Sonore products have the option to function like UPnP or openHome renderers. There's a check box for apps like JRiver to work with them etc...

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

12 minutes ago, Spacecase said:

What? Why would I need a VPN on my local network?

If there is no VPN connection, my HQPe->NAA cannot be found by Jplay,

But as soon as you connect to the VPN, everything goes well!

Please see my connection diagram:

ericcatz

IMG-0111a.jpg

2 minutes ago, ericcatz said:

If there is no VPN connection, my HQPe->NAA cannot be found by Jplay,

But as soon as you connect to the VPN, everything goes well!

Please see my connection diagram:

ericcatz

IMG-0111a.jpg

That's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. VPN, if it routes traffic through the VPN, would make it so nothing on your network can be seen by your device. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

That's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. VPN, if it routes traffic through the VPN, would make it so nothing on your network can be seen by your device. 

What I'm talking about is IOS device connected to VPN!

ericcatz

IMG-0112a.jpg