Do you have any plans to offer support for more streaming services?

I would love to see support for Apple Music as it has some music not available elsewhere.

I have Tidal and Qobuz, both no longer have for example Macy Gray : Stripped, an excellent album! And it is available on Apple Music which I also subscribe to, to be able to listen to those albums.

I could enable Airplay on my moOde 7.6 installation, but last time I tried that, it ended up with Jplay not being able to play to moode after having finished Airplay.

I have just updated to moOde 8.2.5, but I am having the same incompatibility with Jplay, I need to restart the moOde instance after Airplaying to be able to get Jplay to successfully stream to it again.

Jplay skips the songs, and I can see the “handshake” on my Metrum DAC is blinking like mad, trying to get a proper “handshake”. Knowing this, I dont Airplay anymore.

It was not a problem before I switched to Jplay when I used BubbleUPNP Server. I could Airplay or play via any steaming app to moOde, switching between them no problem. To be able to have Apple Music in the Jplay app would therefore be nice, and maybe solve the problem I hope.

Keep up the excellent work!

10 hours ago, Easterman said:

I would love to see support for Apple Music as it has some music not available elsewhere.

I have Tidal and Qobuz, both no longer have for example Macy Gray : Stripped, an excellent album! And it is available on Apple Music which I also subscribe to, to be able to listen to those albums.

I could enable Airplay on my moOde 7.6 installation, but last time I tried that, it ended up with Jplay not being able to play to moode after having finished Airplay.

I have just updated to moOde 8.2.5, but I am having the same incompatibility with Jplay, I need to restart the moOde instance after Airplaying to be able to get Jplay to successfully stream to it again.

Jplay skips the songs, and I can see the “handshake” on my Metrum DAC is blinking like mad, trying to get a proper “handshake”. Knowing this, I dont Airplay anymore.

It was not a problem before I switched to Jplay when I used BubbleUPNP Server. I could Airplay or play via any steaming app to moOde, switching between them no problem. To be able to have Apple Music in the Jplay app would therefore be nice, and maybe solve the problem I hope.

The new version of moOde has changed the setting method of setting UPnP renderer in the past,

Now to enable the UPnP/DLNA renderer function, in the DLNA media server option,

Click the (DLNA database) REBUILD button,

At the same time refresh the Audio out of Jplay,

This will display the moOde UPnP renderer in Jplay

ericcatz

moode renderer 01.jpg

source: 12900H (Intel mini pc w/32GB 240GB NVMe SSD running HQPe V5), RPi 4B/4GB w/10M OCXO clock & supercapacitor(NAA) & RPi 5/8GB & RPi cm4 w/ 10M OCXO clock(NAA)

DAC: Holo audio Cyan 2, Musician Pegasus

Headphone Amplihier: DA&T HA-3, xDuoo TA-05

Speaker: Acoustic Energy AE1 active

Headphone: Sennheiser HD-800 & HD-800s

On 2/7/2023 at 6:12 PM, Easterman said:

Apple Music does not seem to allow playing tracks to UPnP renderers.

I will look into why there is a need to restart moode after playing airplay.

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

On 2/14/2023 at 7:30 PM, One and a half said:

Problem with Radio..

After playing the third track from radio, the roulette spins forever where the large play button is. to reset, jplay is switch off and restarted. Where to switch off radio again?

<edit> found it by swiping right on the mini player. Switching off and see what happens.

Switching radio off, the album ends and stops. Though the last track is stopped, but consistently the progress indicator shows 50% complete on the lock screen on Ipad.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if it is possible to use JPLAY with a Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC presumably via its network input. 

2ch: LP12/Mober DC/Ittok/DVxx2 MK2, Auralic Aries G2.1, Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC, Oppo BDP95, ME25, Pass Labs XP22, Pass Labs X260.8, MG3.7iR, Sangean WFT-3D

2 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem that Mola Mola Tambaqui can do UPNP, it’s Roon only

That's what I thought pretty much

2ch: LP12/Mober DC/Ittok/DVxx2 MK2, Auralic Aries G2.1, Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC, Oppo BDP95, ME25, Pass Labs XP22, Pass Labs X260.8, MG3.7iR, Sangean WFT-3D

Marcin,

I am having an issue with JPlay IOS and connecting with HQPlayer embedded.  JPlay sees my HQPlayer embedded, but I keep getting the following error:  "Error sending action to renderer".  My Lumin player is working fine.  Any suggestions on how to fix this problem with HQPlayer embedded?

44 minutes ago, steveoat said:

Marcin,

I am having an issue with JPlay IOS and connecting with HQPlayer embedded.  JPlay sees my HQPlayer embedded, but I keep getting the following error:  "Error sending action to renderer".  My Lumin player is working fine.  Any suggestions on how to fix this problem with HQPlayer embedded?

I also get this message sometimes. Restarting HQPe and then having JPlay search for it again usually resolves that issue, but, when it doesn't, I drop JPlay out of the loop and play directly from the server app, which usually can find a and stream to HQPe even when JPlay cannot. 

The problem with JPlay usually solves itself by my next listening session, so I have assumed that the erratic began up behavior has more to do with my state of the network than JPlay itself, but that isn't the only possible explanation when the servers can reach HQPe either directly from the PC or through their controller apps. If they cannot, however, I the have to restart everything in the chain - PC software, renderer software, controller apps, and, if all that fails, the hardware. 

The days of putting it CD in the tray, checking the input to be sure it is the right one, and pressing "play" are long gone. 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

3 minutes ago, Mike Rubin said:

I also get this message sometimes. Restarting HQPe and then having JPlay search for it again usually resolves that issue, but, when it doesn't, I drop JPlay out of the loop and play directly from the server app, which usually can find a and stream to HQPe even when JPlay cannot. 

The problem with JPlay usually solves itself by my next listening session, so I have assumed that the erratic began up behavior has more to do with my state of the network than JPlay itself, but that isn't the only possible explanation when the servers can reach HQPe either directly from the PC or through their controller apps. If they cannot, however, I the have to restart everything in the chain - PC software, renderer software, controller apps, and, if all that fails, the hardware. 

The days of putting it CD in the tray, checking the input to be sure it is the right one, and pressing "play" are long gone. 

Mike,

Thanks for responding.  What's weird is that I am having the same issue with Audirvana Studio using HQPe.  No problems with Roon and other UPNP devices like Lumin work perfectly with JPlay.  This stuff makes me nuts!!

8 minutes ago, steveoat said:

Mike,

Thanks for responding.  What's weird is that I am having the same issue with Audirvana Studio using HQPe.  No problems with Roon and other UPNP devices like Lumin work perfectly with JPlay.  This stuff makes me nuts!!

Yes, I just saw your posts regarding Audirvana and was going to post here that I went through a similar phase yesterday with JPlay and Audirvana both, as well as JRiver. Making sure that HQPlayer.local had the 8088 port address added and then restarting all software and hardware eventually solved the issue, so I assume this particular instance was a network issue. That said, I had recurring access issues with JPlay and not the others afterwards. 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

3 minutes ago, Mike Rubin said:

Yes, I just saw your posts regarding Audirvana and was going to post here that I went through a similar phase yesterday with JPlay and Audirvana both, as well as JPlay. Making sure that HQPlayer.local had the 8088 port address added and then restarting all software and hardware eventually solved the issue, so I assume this particular instance was a network issue. That said, I had recurring access issues with JPlay and not the others afterwards. 

Hi Mike,

Tried your suggestions.  Still no luck.  Posted on the JPlay IOS forum as well HQPe forum so hopefully either Marcin or Miska will have some ideas.  Funny how Roon is the only player than works.  Won't even consider trying JRiver.

7 minutes ago, steveoat said:

Hi Mike,

Tried your suggestions.  Still no luck.  Posted on the JPlay IOS forum as well HQPe forum so hopefully either Marcin or Miska will have some ideas.  Funny how Roon is the only player than works.  Won't even consider trying JRiver.

Luckily, Audirvana now works with HQPE.  However, no luck with JPlay

33 minutes ago, steveoat said:

Hi Mike,

Did you check "Safe Transition Mode" for HQPe in JPlay's settings? That makes a difference, I found. 

21 hours ago, steveoat said:

Marcin,

Please try with "Safe Transition Mode" on as Mike Rubin suggested.

If that does not work please let me know.