I should also note that JPLAY for iOS has a partner program for manufacturers. If people want to see manufacturers of their hardware support JPLAY for iOS, they may want to reach out to the manufacturers. I know they listen to customers about this stuff. They are often too busy to follow the developments themselves. 

https://jplay.app/partner-program

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

JPLAY 1.0.5 is now available:

- Alternative sync method, that allows app to properly sync data with even more servers(LMS and others);

- Bug fixes and improvements;

20 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I should also note that JPLAY for iOS has a partner program for manufacturers. If people want to see manufacturers of their hardware support JPLAY for iOS, they may want to reach out to the manufacturers. I know they listen to customers about this stuff. They are often too busy to follow the developments themselves. 

https://jplay.app/partner-program

Thank you, Chris

The partner program will be named 'JPLAY Certified'. I will announce more details soon. 

14 hours ago, steveoat said:

I have been running jplay ios on a Mac Mini M1.  Its running well, but I notice that the album cover images are huge.  Is there any way to reduce their size?

We will look into this. 

Best regards,
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPlay will not detect my Lumin L1 as a library whereas my non Lumin apps such as Linn detect it no problem. I’ve tried refreshing manually and rebooting my iPad. i suspect it’s a similar issue that affected earlier versions of JPlay not detecting Lumin streamers. Is there something else I should be trying? Otherwise, perhaps Peter and Marcin can look into this. It’s not a deal breaker, just curious if there’s a possible fix.

Installed 1.0.5. Initially updated 1.0.4, but still had missing art after deleting the cache, so uninstalled and then did a clean installation. 

Took a few minutes, but 1.0.5 found JRiver and LMS in addition to minimserver, which it always finds immediately. LMS folder view was available immediately, but I then scanned the library, as well.  That was amazingly fast and it did not appear there were major problems. (A few of the albums in the "recently added" listing on the home screen did not display art, but the same albums had the correct artwork on the full, alphabetical album listing, so no big deal.) 

Then, because I prefer JRiver to LMS as my primary library, I removed LMS. The app did not crash afterwards. So far, so good! 

I then added JRiver as the library.  Folder view was available immediately, but I did not spend time with it. I scanned the library instead. It took longer than I recall it taking previously, but completed without incident. Unfortunately there still are many albums without art.  

I emailed 1.0.4 logs yesterday that captured events when I clicked on the albums that did not have art. I will send missing art logs for 1.0.5 later today. 

You are making progress, especially with LMS DLNA libraries! 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

On 1/14/2023 at 10:32 PM, Runsilent said:

JPlay will not detect my Lumin L1 as a library whereas my non Lumin apps such as Linn detect it no problem. I’ve tried refreshing manually and rebooting my iPad. i suspect it’s a similar issue that affected earlier versions of JPlay not detecting Lumin streamers. Is there something else I should be trying? Otherwise, perhaps Peter and Marcin can look into this. It’s not a deal breaker, just curious if there’s a possible fix.

Which build did you install?

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

On 1/15/2023 at 12:43 AM, Mike Rubin said:

Installed 1.0.5. Initially updated 1.0.4, but still had missing art after deleting the cache, so uninstalled and then did a clean installation. 

Took a few minutes, but 1.0.5 found JRiver and LMS in addition to minimserver, which it always finds immediately. LMS folder view was available immediately, but I then scanned the library, as well.  That was amazingly fast and it did not appear there were major problems. (A few of the albums in the "recently added" listing on the home screen did not display art, but the same albums had the correct artwork on the full, alphabetical album listing, so no big deal.) 

Then, because I prefer JRiver to LMS as my primary library, I removed LMS. The app did not crash afterwards. So far, so good! 

I then added JRiver as the library.  Folder view was available immediately, but I did not spend time with it. I scanned the library instead. It took longer than I recall it taking previously, but completed without incident. Unfortunately there still are many albums without art.  

I emailed 1.0.4 logs yesterday that captured events when I clicked on the albums that did not have art. I will send missing art logs for 1.0.5 later today. 

You are making progress, especially with LMS DLNA libraries! 

Thank you for the report, Mike

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

On 1/19/2023 at 4:01 AM, Easterman said:

I am very very happy with the performance of the app, it is very very fast.

It would be rather nice if it would be possible to rearrange or delete complete albums in the Playing Que, when I try out new music from Qobuz and Tidal, I would like to delete the whole album from my que if I don’t like it. As I am experimenting with new speaker cables and speaker placement at the moment, I use the que to jump back and forth over days for comparisons.

I have both Qobuz and Tidal, as sometimes albums disappear/are removed from one or the other service, and I then locate it in the other Streaming Service which usually has it.

In the Lumin app I was used to clicking-and-hold on the greyed out/missing album, and then selecting it from the pop up for the other service, a similar solution would be great, maybe a Versions could pop up?

Keep up the excellent work!

when I long press on an album I get this pop up, does this do what you want?

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 6.30.17 PM.png

No electron left behind.

45 minutes ago, Mike Rubin said:

I have been corresponding with Marcin by email about the JRiver library missing art issues.  I believe he has solved them:  I simply needed to rebuild the JRiver thumbs and rescan the library into JPlay.  I will be watching to see if JPlays scans after changes to the JRiver library  get things out of sync, but, for now, JPlay is working for me as intended.  This is great progress and I thank Marcin for addressing the issue. 

A glitch or two after scanning changed files just now, but I will reach out to Marcin again if I can’t get them under control.

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

14 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

It’s not what he’s asking for …

6313C64B-0ABF-4BF8-8AF2-AFF400D55B85.jpeg

Thanks Stefano, Im not at home at the moment so could not access Lumin app, but yes, that is exactly what im asking for. What also is rather excellent is the ability to click on any of the items in the pop up, and instantly search for that/navigate to that, for example selecting Glen Gould would search for Glen Gould, or as in the screenshot Selecting the Qobuz symbol would search Qobuz, If you also have Tidal, a Tidal symbol would appear, and you can then easily search either Streaming service for any of the items listed in the Pop Up, much faster than, the multi-clicks I must use now when click-hold returns a window with items and you have to close this window. Both ways of browsing/searching would be excellent.

43 minutes ago, Easterman said:

Thanks Stefano, Im not at home at the moment so could not access Lumin app, but yes, that is exactly what im asking for. What also is rather excellent is the ability to click on any of the items in the pop up, and instantly search for that/navigate to that, for example selecting Glen Gould would search for Glen Gould, or as in the screenshot Selecting the Qobuz symbol would search Qobuz, If you also have Tidal, a Tidal symbol would appear, and you can then easily search either Streaming service for any of the items listed in the Pop Up, much faster than, the multi-clicks I must use now when click-hold returns a window with items and you have to close this window. Both ways of browsing/searching would be excellent.

Seems a great suggestion. We expect to include some improvements on "Context Menus"(that included) in the release after the next one. 

To be honest I was a bit sceptical at the beginning about JPLAY for iOS to run it with my LUMIN U2 Mini, even I was quite unhappy with the usability of the LUMIN or the white Linn App… 

Today I finally downloaded the App, installation including my Qobuz account and my music NAS was a straightforward and done in less than 2 minutes and what should I say:

Marcin, thank you. You did a great job: near perfect usability, the app responds fast fast and no crash up to now! 

I still have to check the sound quality again the LUMIN and the white Linn App, but as of now it is promising.

Great job!

Martin

15 hours ago, Marcin_gps said:

JPLAY 1.0.6 is now available

- Support for Conductor, Ensembles and Soloists in Local Libraries;

- Usability improvements;

- Bug fixes and performance improvements;

After using Jplay App for two days, I feel that the operation and interface are very good!

The only shortcoming I feel is the choice of favorite album, the synchronization function is slow, and it cannot be updated after restarting like the official desktop version.

ericcatz

source: 12900H (Intel mini pc w/32GB 240GB NVMe SSD running HQPe V5), RPi 4B/4GB w/10M OCXO clock & supercapacitor(NAA) & RPi 5/8GB & RPi cm4 w/ 10M OCXO clock(NAA)

DAC: Holo audio Cyan 2, Musician Pegasus

Headphone Amplihier: DA&T HA-3, xDuoo TA-05

Speaker: Acoustic Energy AE1 active

Headphone: Hennheiser HD-800 & HD-800s

6 hours ago, ericcatz said:

After using Jplay App for two days, I feel that the operation and interface are very good!

The only shortcoming I feel is the choice of favorite album, the synchronization function is slow, and it cannot be updated after restarting like the official desktop version.

ericcatz

What is wrong with the choice of favorite album?

Regarding synchronization, how many album/tracks do you have? What server do you use? And how many minutes it takes to sync your whole library?

What do you mean by it cannot be updated after restarting?

Sorry for all the questions, but is to help us understand the problems and try to fix them.

1 hour ago, Le dom said:

Hi,

do you have a normal behaviour when you click on "My Activity"?

For my part to get some result on "My Activity" I need to shut down the app and restart it.

Are you using the latest version(1.0.7)? Version 1.0.6 has a bug that leads to "My Activity" screen not load properly, but that is fixed in version 1.0.7, maybe that could be related?