59 minutes ago, mnuno10 said:

Can you try two things?

1 - Turn off your HQPlayerEmbeded, then start a search for devices in JPLAY, turn on HQPlayerEmbeded immediately, if search ends without HQPlayerEmbeded being discover do another search. 

If that does not work.

2 - Start a search for devices in JPLAY, with you other device start a search for devices in another app like 8player pro, fidata or MConnect.

But, send us an email to "[email protected]" so he can help you debug. 

Without VPN other apps are able to find UPnP devices?

1. Follow the steps you said (this method is more in line with the consensus); but it still doesn't work, other Apps have no problems, except for Jplay.

2. My Mconnect has never needed a VPN, but whether it is TIDAL or Qobuz, there is no problem at all;

I remembered: Jplay has no problem logging in to TIDAL; but Qobuz prompts that it cannot be logged in (I guess it may be a problem with my cross-region registration), but it also makes me change from being available to being unable to find UPnP renderer.

I feel like I shouldn't be spending money and time on solving problems all the time; I should just focus on enjoying the music!

ericcatz

source: 12900H (Intel mini pc w/32GB 240GB NVMe SSD running HQPe V5), RPi 4B/4GB w/10M OCXO clock & supercapacitor(NAA) & RPi 5/8GB & RPi cm4 w/ 10M OCXO clock(NAA)

DAC: Holo audio Cyan 2, Musician Pegasus

Headphone Amplihier: DA&T HA-3, xDuoo TA-05

Speaker: Acoustic Energy AE1 active

Headphone: Hennheiser HD-800 & HD-800s

On 1/30/2023 at 2:42 AM, stefano_mbp said:

Which iPad/iPadOS are you running?

Can you check if the app grant to your network is ok? Follow these instructions 

https://helpcenter.trendmicro.com/en-us/article/tmka-09896

Just to try to troubleshoot the issue, have you tried to use MConnect Player (Lite version is free)?

Idk maybe? Seems like it only shows openhome. No human should be subjected to that UI. I need years of therapy now after just opening it. 

up to date ios and its an ipad air 2 with and M1 processor 

On 1/30/2023 at 2:47 AM, stefano_mbp said:

@Spacecase does your router allow to manage IGMP snooping? You could try to switch it off

Nope

58 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

@ericcatz can you try to close vpn app on your iPad just to check if JPlay works for local content?

I tried! But the result let me down! Now I give up trying this app.

source: 12900H (Intel mini pc w/32GB 240GB NVMe SSD running HQPe V5), RPi 4B/4GB w/10M OCXO clock & supercapacitor(NAA) & RPi 5/8GB & RPi cm4 w/ 10M OCXO clock(NAA)

DAC: Holo audio Cyan 2, Musician Pegasus

Headphone Amplihier: DA&T HA-3, xDuoo TA-05

Speaker: Acoustic Energy AE1 active

Headphone: Hennheiser HD-800 & HD-800s

Can an option be added to hide duplicate items between libraries, with a choice of which is preferred?  For example, hide qobuz albums that i have a local version of.

Artists too i guess. Basically more of a single library with multiple sources like roon and lms do. An artist page would ideally have both my local albums and favorited qobuz albums. 

6 hours ago, Spacecase said:

Can an option be added to hide duplicate items between libraries, with a choice of which is preferred?  For example, hide qobuz albums that i have a local version of.

Artists too i guess. Basically more of a single library with multiple sources like roon and lms do. An artist page would ideally have both my local albums and favorited qobuz albums. 

Thank you for your suggestions. We will look into them and try to include them in a future release.

An unified artist page is on the pipeline, although we want to do that in a way that users with multiple libraries will still be able to access all the info that an artist has in each library. 

@Marcin_gps I downloaded the update and now I’m receiving the message Error sending action to renderer when I try to play something. I rebooted my iPad and uninstalled and reinstalled JPlay but still get the error. Previous to this had no issues. Currently using Qobuz and Moode as my renderer. Also Mconnect still works with no issues. Thanks

19 hours ago, sjj said:

@Marcin_gps I downloaded the update and now I’m receiving the message Error sending action to renderer when I try to play something. I rebooted my iPad and uninstalled and reinstalled JPlay but still get the error. Previous to this had no issues. Currently using Qobuz and Moode as my renderer. Also Mconnect still works with no issues. Thanks

I swapped Ropieee/XL for Moode on my renderer and everything works. Local files also work. For some reason Moode no longer works. I tried various JPlay settings and still doesn’t work. To help with troubleshhoting I Enabled Logs then tried Send Logs but nothing appears to happen?

2 hours ago, sjj said:

I swapped Ropieee/XL for Moode on my renderer and everything works. Local files also work. For some reason Moode no longer works. I tried various JPlay settings and still doesn’t work. To help with troubleshhoting I Enabled Logs then tried Send Logs but nothing appears to happen?

I discovered the issue with Moode is related to a UPNP option labeled Check Content. If set to Yes, I get the JPlay Error sending action to renderer. If set to No JPlay works and music plays. The description of this UPNP option in Moode is “Check that the input format is supported. Set this option to No if a control point or media server sends good audio data with bad metadata.”. I did notice now when playing music from JPlay that if I open Moode the Album cover and all related info such as track, album name, song name, bit info…is all set to Unknown. JPlay version 1.07 didn’t have this problem and I didn’t need to set this option in Moode to No and all related song info in Moode was displayed correctly.

14 hours ago, sjj said:

I discovered the issue with Moode is related to a UPNP option labeled Check Content. If set to Yes, I get the JPlay Error sending action to renderer. If set to No JPlay works and music plays. The description of this UPNP option in Moode is “Check that the input format is supported. Set this option to No if a control point or media server sends good audio data with bad metadata.”. I did notice now when playing music from JPlay that if I open Moode the Album cover and all related info such as track, album name, song name, bit info…is all set to Unknown. JPlay version 1.07 didn’t have this problem and I didn’t need to set this option in Moode to No and all related song info in Moode was displayed correctly.

Please do as @stefano_mbp pointed out and "Enable log, reproduce the issue, go back to log and send it before disabling it.".

Send them to our support email: [email protected]

Thanks. 

1 minute ago, mnuno10 said:

Are you using an iPad? If so can you put in landscape position and then click in send logs? It should appear one popover.

If it still does not work, please let me know.

@mnuno10 yes using iPad. Just tried again in landscaoe and portrait position and nothing happens when I select Send Logs.