35 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Yes, me too :~)

However, they have a configuration option that enables the renderer to appear in more apps. 

I suppose it's always best to make sure exactly what's meant by a 'UPnP renderer', given that upmpdcli can be configured to be either an OpenHome (aka UPnP with Linn extensions) renderer or a standard UPnP renderer or both (so will appear or not in apps that have a control point for only one of those types of renderer).  

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

5 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

Maybe the right settings for these parameters could solve the issue

https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/upmpdcli-manual.html#_media_renderer_parameters

D5D0F96E-4454-488D-AAC7-938F5E40B2A6.jpeg

I have it set as AV, but i dont necessarily think thats the issue. Ill try to post a screen recording of what im experiencing. 

EDIT: actually, it seems both are enabled but that shouldnt be an issue, it should just show up twice 

https://bucket.digitalsand.photography/index.php/s/gbLFxL9aN5Fm8iW

From fresh install. Notice how i grant network permission, but still have persistent error at the top of the screen, have to refresh multiple times for my renderer to show up (also notice how hqplayer never shows up until briefly at the end), have to refresh multiple times before LMS shows up (actually showed up quicker than normal this time), minim never showed up, and renderers show up inconsistently, also notice how LMS showed as disconnected the vast majority of times i refreshed after syncing the library (this makes it basically impossible to update the library after adding new music) 

the core issue is the inability to scan the network properly and the associated error message. I can play music once things are connected. 

9 hours ago, Spacecase said:

From fresh install. Notice how i grant network permission, but still have persistent error at the top of the screen, have to refresh multiple times for my renderer to show up (also notice how hqplayer never shows up until briefly at the end), have to refresh multiple times before LMS shows up (actually showed up quicker than normal this time), minim never showed up, and renderers show up inconsistently, also notice how LMS showed as disconnected the vast majority of times i refreshed after syncing the library (this makes it basically impossible to update the library after adding new music) 

the core issue is the inability to scan the network properly and the associated error message. I can play music once things are connected. 

Which iPad/iPadOS are you running?

Can you check if the app grant to your network is ok? Follow these instructions 

https://helpcenter.trendmicro.com/en-us/article/tmka-09896

Just to try to troubleshoot the issue, have you tried to use MConnect Player (Lite version is free)?

Stefano

My audio system

10 hours ago, Spacecase said:

That's quite odd. It seems that your device/network do not allow app to start searching for devices. Do you have any other app that search for devices "running" in background? Apps like TIDAL, mConnect or other? If yes, can you kill them and try again?

20 hours ago, ericcatz said:

If there is no VPN connection, my HQPe->NAA cannot be found by Jplay,

But as soon as you connect to the VPN, everything goes well!

Please see my connection diagram:

ericcatz

IMG-0111a.jpg

It's too bad! HQPe->NAA, which could be played smoothly, after one night,

Today it disappeared from my UPnP device and can't get it back! ?

I changed the NAA image file (from jussi's NAA image to moOde audio + NAA.deb),

With this change, no matter Mconnect or HQPe can easily find UPnP renderer,

But Jplay still can't find UPnP renderer,

All I can say is - it's not ripe yet!

ericcatz

source: 12900H (Intel mini pc w/32GB 240GB NVMe SSD running HQPe V5), RPi 4B/4GB w/10M OCXO clock & supercapacitor(NAA) & RPi 5/8GB & RPi cm4 w/ 10M OCXO clock(NAA)

DAC: Holo audio Cyan 2, Musician Pegasus

Headphone Amplihier: DA&T HA-3, xDuoo TA-05

Speaker: Acoustic Energy AE1 active

Headphone: Hennheiser HD-800 & HD-800s

1 hour ago, ericcatz said:

It's too bad! HQPe->NAA, which could be played smoothly, after one night,

Today it disappeared from my UPnP device and can't get it back! ?

I changed the NAA image file (from jussi's NAA image to moOde audio + NAA.deb),

But Jplay still can't find UPnP renderer,

All I can say is - it's not ripe yet!

ericcatz

Do you get any error while searching for devices?

Some devices could require to search multiple times to it(because they do not respond to M-Search messages), but after it is detect for the first time, app should be able to detect it all the time, as long as the IP/URL does not change.

16 minutes ago, mnuno10 said:

Do you get any error while searching for devices?

Some devices could require to search multiple times to it(because they do not respond to M-Search messages), but after it is detect for the first time, app should be able to detect it all the time, as long as the IP/URL does not change.

There is no error message prompt, just UPnP renderer disappears in Audio output,

I searched back and forth on my Iphone & Ipad countless times,

Even restarting the IOS device, there is no trace of UPnP renderer.

I personally think that Jplay's UPnP/DLNA mechanism is not stable yet.

ericcatz

source: 12900H (Intel mini pc w/32GB 240GB NVMe SSD running HQPe V5), RPi 4B/4GB w/10M OCXO clock & supercapacitor(NAA) & RPi 5/8GB & RPi cm4 w/ 10M OCXO clock(NAA)

2 hours ago, ericcatz said:

But Jplay still can't find UPnP renderer

Using HQPe and NAA (SOtM sMS200) here.

MConnect is able to find HQPe for sure but will not find NAA at all as it is not UPNP.

Are you sure that yor moOde/NAA setup is working fine? NAA should be discovered by HQPe but cannot by JPlay …

if you want to play to moOde UPNP renderer try to shut down HQPe and stop NAA instance on moOde  … I’m quite sure there is a conflict between moOde/upnp client and NAA installation if they run at the same time

Stefano

My audio system

27 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

Using HQPe and NAA (SOtM sMS200) here.

MConnect is able to find HQPe for sure but will not find NAA at all as it is not UPNP.

Are you sure that yor moOde/NAA setup is working fine? NAA should be discovered by HQPe but cannot by JPlay …

if you want to play to moOde UPNP renderer try to shut down HQPe and stop NAA instance on moOde  … I’m quite sure there is a conflict between moOde/upnp client and NAA installation if they run at the same time

Thank you for letting me know, but I've been playing in this playback process for a long time,

I am now freely shuttle in HQPe->moOde NAA & Mconnect (HQPe+NAA) renderer,

Please watch the time display in the following two pictures carefully.

ericcatz

IMG-0116.PNG

IMG-0117.jpg

13 hours ago, ericcatz said:

Thank you for letting me know, but I've been playing in this playback process for a long time,

I am now freely shuttle in HQPe->moOde NAA & Mconnect (HQPe+NAA) renderer,

Please watch the time display in the following two pictures carefully.

ericcatz

IMG-0116.PNG

IMG-0117.jpg

In the morning I also tried to install RopieeeXL on RPi 4B,

Tried everything is set up properly and can UPnP & HQPe NAA,

But unfortunately, Jplay still cannot find the UPnP device,

Looks like I'll have to make a temporarily painful decision,

Quit the trial and subscription of Jplay first, and act again when there is good news in the future!

Although the man-machine interface of Jplay is very attractive,

But if you can't push UPnP renderer stably, then everything is in vain!

ericcatz

3 hours ago, ericcatz said:

In the morning I also tried to install RopieeeXL on RPi 4B,

Tried everything is set up properly and can UPnP & HQPe NAA,

But unfortunately, Jplay still cannot find the UPnP device,

Looks like I'll have to make a temporarily painful decision,

Quit the trial and subscription of Jplay first, and act again when there is good news in the future!

Although the man-machine interface of Jplay is very attractive,

But if you can't push UPnP renderer stably, then everything is in vain!

ericcatz

Are you running the last JPlay version 1.0.7 ?

Which iPad version/model are you running and which iPadOS?

Can you share your network topology and which is your modem/router?

Stefano

My audio system

22 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

Are you running the last JPlay version 1.0.7 ?

Which iPad version/model are you running and which iPadOS?

Can you share your network topology and which is your modem/router?

I have updated and used it as soon as the new version is announced,

Please see the following two pictures,

Both my Iphone & Ipad use the latest IOS system V16.3

My modem/router was configured by my local telco,

All playback machines are connected and played through Switch & wired network,

Mobile device is used as a remote control device through 5G wifi.

ericcatz

IMG-1074.PNG

IMG-1075.PNG

17 minutes ago, ericcatz said:

I have updated and used it as soon as the new version is announced,

Please see the following two pictures,

Both my Iphone & Ipad use the latest IOS system V16.3

My modem/router was configured by my local telco,

ericcatz

IMG-1074.PNG

IMG-1075.PNG

Let me add that when Jplay cannot connect to UPnP renderer,

Other apps on my IOS device can find and play UPnP renderer normally

Please see the 8player pro & fidata two app connection diagrams.

ericcatz

IMG-1077.PNG

IMG-1078.PNG

28 minutes ago, ericcatz said:

If I understand well you’re using a 5G cellular connection with VPN … very unusual and maybe unnecessarily complicated. Why don’t you use the router provided Wi-Fi?

Stefano

My audio system

6 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

If I understand well you’re using a 5G cellular connection with VPN … very unusual and maybe unnecessarily complicated. Why don’t you use the router provided Wi-Fi?

My 5G wifi refers to the local area network bandwidth within the A/C Router specification,

Not 5G internet.

Please refer to the same wifi network connection, other apps can find the UPnP renderer, that's good,

Why can't Jplay do it?

ericcatz

22 minutes ago, ericcatz said:

My 5G wifi refers to the local area network bandwidth within the A/C Router specification,

Not 5G internet.

Please refer to the same wifi network connection, other apps can find the UPnP renderer, that's good,

Why can't Jplay do it?

ericcatz

Can you try two things?

1 - Turn off your HQPlayerEmbeded, then start a search for devices in JPLAY, turn on HQPlayerEmbeded immediately, if search ends without HQPlayerEmbeded being discover do another search. 

If that does not work.

2 - Start a search for devices in JPLAY, with you other device start a search for devices in another app like 8player pro, fidata or MConnect.

But, send us an email to "[email protected]" so he can help you debug. 

Without VPN other apps are able to find UPnP devices?