41 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

For your health's sake get a dog, seriously

I would die if I got a dog. I'm not used to walking anymore. I can ride a bike for 30-40km, no problem with that but after walking for 300m I'm almost dead, it's just too extreme exercise for me at the moment x-D

Beside that, I've always hated the idea of walking the dog. Seriously. Dogs are for the people who don't have better things to do! ;) Let's take cats into consideration - in this regard they are like self driving cars - waaay higher on the ladder of evolution! B|

1 hour ago, DuckToller said:

First time I used a D voluntarily...

However, not completely serious...

I had cats until I was 30 years old, loved them to bits.  Nonetheless, for your health Dogs are perfect companions - and you have chances to enhance your fitness levels

IMG_20211228_135059.jpg

Having a dog is a bit like having a crap hifi.

You're either a cat person or you're not. We decided to have cats instead of either dogs or kids. No regrets - except I want to get new speakers and can't find many that have metal speaker grilles. Our Ragdoll scratches carpet and furniture terribly. Never been able get him over it. Nope, not gonna get rid of him 'til he dies and we prolly die before those two pals.

In honor of cats everywhere ---1396603560_SongsCat.png.72cd3bf1b5769a63d30a6ba17ce74e67.png

When I was young I had a boxer, his name was Jasper, and I always thought that I would never have cats.
Then in this new house in the middle of the woods I happened to adopt a kitten and  after three months she gave birth to three wonderful kittens, it was April 2019.
It was and still is an extraordinary experience.

image.thumb.jpeg.2c5474aae5e2218c7cf10f99f59453ce.jpeg
Two of the three kittens are still here, their mother went away.
When there is a full moon they are out all night, it seems to live in "Cats" by Andrew Lloyd Webber…

6B542363-D6ED-44F1-9842-1E6ED471A725.thumb.jpeg.b9fffb10d628bb024ac74cf582666eef.jpeg
Cats are very different from dogs, they are very independent, but they can also be very loving.

Stefano

My audio system

Indeed cats are independent but they get bored too so cats need to be played with. Best imo is to adopt two siblings so they have each other.  Cats are awesome. 

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

16 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

In my home they can come and go whenever they want, at home to sleep and eat, out in the woods to hunt and ... when they want to be with you you can find them in bed or on you when you are on the sofa.
... cats need freedom and a lot of space ... they must be able to choose where to stay.

yes that is better but I live in house in a city center with a patio of 2m x2m so not much running room. 

Under development:

Dogs are obedient.

Obedient is boring.

In my case walking a dog is out of question. I don't like to walk. I like everything which makes my movement faster than walking. Except from jogging. Cats don't need to be walked. They also don't bark.

They are quieter.

I wouldn't go that far:

15 hours ago, Rexp said:

Having a dog is a bit like having a crap hifi.

but I think cats also sound better, less shrill, more musical..x-D

I had only one cat in my adult life, I didn't choose to have it - she followed me from the street (was less than 3 months old) and after consuming a tuna and milk disappeared in my 'messy' room. Couldn't find her to throw her out. When the next morning she woke me up by touching my nose with her wet nose - I simply couldn't do it anymore.. 

But she remained under one condition - she adapts to me, not vice versa, so in many ways she was bred like a dog. 

I think the source of the popular theory that one cannot change or influence a cat's behaviour is simply deep conspiracy of cats who at some point came to the clever conclusion that if they stubbornly repeat their bahavioural patterns and customs, no matter what, people sooner or later will accept the situation in which their cats are their masters and they are servants (or as some say - simply can openers) ;)

Cats are also clever opponents. I respect them for that. 

And they don't eat.. you know..

;)

48 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

@Rexp @DuckToller

C'mon guys, we're not talking audio here, only cats and dogs, relax..

cats, dogs it’s all good BUT what about bunnies??? Bunnies are the worst they just hop around and wiggle their noses as if they are constantly smelling something funny. Well they sure are smelling something, it’s their own turd beads they spread it al over the place and hop around in them, it’s gross. And they do not much either just hopping, wiggling nose and spreading their turds around, it’s boring and I do not like them. Oh and the worst of worst they nibble cables, did you know that??, that’s just a nightmare. BUNNIES are just demons from audio Hell yuck yuck I hate them!!!! 

😺

Under development:

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

WHAT?  Has everyone on this site gone mad from the stress of 2020 and 2021 and it's finally hit the breaking point today?  ;-)

I don't know anything on the subject of him being an audiophile.

Both he and his girlfriend made a good impression and seemed happy.

They even let me photograph them with the birds.