IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

It’s back up.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Just received an announcement earlier today of a new Studio 1.9 release, figured you folks might want to know assuming you haven’t received the notice too. I have yet to try any of the studio version due to the many issues people are having plus really don’t like the idea of subscription fee software. I have too many of those already.

• 2 weeks later...

@RunHomeSlow and  Y'all above FYI also with ver 1.9 Damien/Antoine told me migrating from my old late 2012 i7 macmini to new 2020 M1 mini just go to 'LOCAL' on your settings and do a backup and AS will simply migrate with all your playlists qobuz/tidal subscriptions and other libraries to the new mini but if you have purchased downloads you will have to do something extra(but didn't pay attention since I don't have any).

Also @RunHomeSlow since you write about/know about ROON is there anything special about transferring my 'LIFETIME' subscription? Would rather deal with our forum than those people at ROON(but will check with them anyway).

for migrating, you'll need your Studio .sqlite and your preferences and your playlists (saved by Studio to restore them or by exporting them to a folder one at the time, and then you can keep it if bug happen). the first time i restore playlist with Studio, all my genre smart playlist have lost their filter, had to put back the genre filter and all was good. Usually the playlists are saved with the database, so they should be there if you copy the .sqlite file to the M1.

You mistake me because i have never stream in my life, never use roon, i have only local files. So, i cannot say what will happen to streamed playlists.

First you have to save your playlists like Antoine said somewhere on your mac mini,

then go to your account tab in Studio and disconnect there.

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System…

When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,

just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom…

click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

In the Mac Mini Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Applications Support… Audirvana Folder…

Copy the file in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up! or not)

AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite is for Studio.

Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Preferences…

copy com.audirvana.Audirvana-Studio.plist and com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder

(those are Audirvana Studio software preferences, back them up or not). You need the Plus prefs just for your login account.

Then copy the three files to the M1 at the same place they were. Put Studio in applications folder and open it. it will ask you to connect to your account log/pass. it will sync your library as it was on mac mini... then go to local tab in preferences and restore your playlists that you saved on the mac mini.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

On 1/2/2022 at 2:52 PM, RunHomeSlow said:

for migrating, you'll need your Studio .sqlite and your preferences and your playlists (saved by Studio to restore them or by exporting them to a folder one at the time, and then you can keep it if bug happen). the first time i restore playlist with Studio, all my genre smart playlist have lost their filter, had to put back the genre filter and all was good. Usually the playlists are saved with the database, so they should be there if you copy the .sqlite file to the M1.

You mistake me because i have never stream in my life, never use roon, i have only local files. So, i cannot say what will happen to streamed playlists.

First you have to save your playlists like Antoine said somewhere on your mac mini,

then go to your account tab in Studio and disconnect there.

When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,

just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom…

click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

In the Mac Mini Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Applications Support… Audirvana Folder…

Copy the file in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up! or not)

AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite is for Studio.

copy com.audirvana.Audirvana-Studio.plist and com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder

(those are Audirvana Studio software preferences, back them up or not). You need the Plus prefs just for your login account.

Then copy the three files to the M1 at the same place they were. Put Studio in applications folder and open it. it will ask you to connect to your account log/pass. it will sync your library as it was on mac mini... then go to local tab in preferences and restore your playlists that you saved on the mac mini.

I did this to get rid of duplicaties (starting a fresh new squlite file), but I could not restore my favorites afterwards, only my playlists. And after doing this I got new duplicates. I also still have stuttering problems and I have asked AS for help, but no answer (yet). 😢

1 hour ago, jos said:

I did this to get rid of duplicaties (starting a fresh new squlite file), but I could not restore my favorites afterwards, only my playlists. And after doing this I got new duplicates. I also still have stuttering problems and I have asked AS for help, but no answer (yet). 😢

That text was made for migrating to another MAC... Try this for Starting New...

If you have Playlists that are important export them first to desktop

and save them in a folder… when Audirvana is reset, you can re-import them back in one shot.
Sadly to this day, the folders they were in if so, are not back, you have to do them again…

Now Studio has the backup and restore playlists option in preferences…

For the favorites restore or not, i don't do Favorites, so, i have none...

i don't stream either, i only have local files on a hard drive...

click Show
Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

So, start by exporting your playlists from Local tab in preferences.

Go in Audirvana preferences panel and remove your music folder(s) there
(all the folder(s) of music you have there) delete them with minus sign.

Close Audirvana.

Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Applications Support… Audirvana Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up! or not)
AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite is for Studio, but remove others if you have old version of .sqlite
for Studio not Starting to convert them at first launch.

trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Studio.plist in that folder
(those are Audirvana Studio software preferences, back them up or not).

Restart Mac.

Open Audirvana,
Don’t do anything… cancel if ask for a music folder,
then go in the preferences panel and check them all before adding music…

For me, i decide to turn off both Musicbrainz preference and track ID, you decide.
When trashing the preferences and starting new, the first preference of Musicbrainz is at ON by default…
Just to be sure before adding music, close Studio and reopen it and go back to preferences if all is still off :)

Parano, yes :)

Now, add a Music folder, at first, it will sync in top middle of main window… then it will analyze all your files
Yes, even preferences off the Analyzing will be done…
LET IT GO, even better don’t try to adjust windows or edit files, even playing music while it is not finished…
you’ll see the progress bar going… Could be long the first time depending on how large your library is, and Mac is fast or not… go to sleep if it is too long :)

After, go to Local  tab in preferences an restore your playlists…

Then when finished, shut down Audirvana, yes close it before playing a song
That way you will have your database from scratch saved without crashing.

Then copy the .sqlite file to somewhere else as a backup, then open Audirvana, and try to play a song.
When all set, you can shut it down again… then you can copy the pref file for the software and back them up with the database .sqlite. If something going wrong… you just have to put the prefs in prefs folder and the database backup to replace to faulty one… it will reopen at the time of your last database backup… so do it regularly if you do often tags editing…

When you put a backup database .sqlite, you will lose all the play counts of music files that played
between the one you trash and the backup you put to replace… so i backup a lot the .sqlite file :)

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Tag Editor Window On = Cover double clicking

I was doing many back in forth in my smart playlists library to check
all the album release date that were there…

i saw that funny enough, all the album clicking were good in a shot today
instead as having always to click twice and an album to open its tracks :(

Now that my editing is nearly done i found that… :(
WHEN THE INFO PANEL IS OPEN, YOU HAVE TO CLICK TWICE to open an album track or else also…
but with the info panel close all is good in one click.

it seems that the first click is for the info panel and the second open the album.
so, when the info panel is close, the first click is working…

16 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

That text was made for migrating to another MAC... Try this for Starting New...

If you have Playlists that are important export them first to desktop

and save them in a folder… when Audirvana is reset, you can re-import them back in one shot.
Sadly to this day, the folders they were in if so, are not back, you have to do them again…

Now Studio has the backup and restore playlists option in preferences…

For the favorites restore or not, i don't do Favorites, so, i have none...

i don't stream either, i only have local files on a hard drive...

click Show
Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

So, start by exporting your playlists from Local tab in preferences.

Go in Audirvana preferences panel and remove your music folder(s) there
(all the folder(s) of music you have there) delete them with minus sign.

Close Audirvana.

Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Applications Support… Audirvana Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up! or not)
AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite is for Studio, but remove others if you have old version of .sqlite
for Studio not Starting to convert them at first launch.

trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Studio.plist in that folder
(those are Audirvana Studio software preferences, back them up or not).

Restart Mac.

Open Audirvana,
Don’t do anything… cancel if ask for a music folder,
then go in the preferences panel and check them all before adding music…

For me, i decide to turn off both Musicbrainz preference and track ID, you decide.
When trashing the preferences and starting new, the first preference of Musicbrainz is at ON by default…
Just to be sure before adding music, close Studio and reopen it and go back to preferences if all is still off :)

Parano, yes :)

Now, add a Music folder, at first, it will sync in top middle of main window… then it will analyze all your files
Yes, even preferences off the Analyzing will be done…
LET IT GO, even better don’t try to adjust windows or edit files, even playing music while it is not finished…
you’ll see the progress bar going… Could be long the first time depending on how large your library is, and Mac is fast or not… go to sleep if it is too long :)

After, go to Local  tab in preferences an restore your playlists…

Then when finished, shut down Audirvana, yes close it before playing a song
That way you will have your database from scratch saved without crashing.

Then copy the .sqlite file to somewhere else as a backup, then open Audirvana, and try to play a song.
When all set, you can shut it down again… then you can copy the pref file for the software and back them up with the database .sqlite. If something going wrong… you just have to put the prefs in prefs folder and the database backup to replace to faulty one… it will reopen at the time of your last database backup… so do it regularly if you do often tags editing…

When you put a backup database .sqlite, you will lose all the play counts of music files that played
between the one you trash and the backup you put to replace… so i backup a lot the .sqlite file :)

Thanks! I did this and we will see how it goes... Anyhow, I lost my favorites because I could not restore them. My playlists went fine. I also stopped with this setting, because, I think, it is generating duplicates:

Schermafbeelding 2022-01-09 om 13.38.57.png

On 1/9/2022 at 1:46 PM, jos said:

Thanks! I did this and we will see how it goes... Anyhow, I lost my favorites because I could not restore them. My playlists went fine. I also stopped with this setting, because, I think, it is generating duplicates:

Schermafbeelding 2022-01-09 om 13.38.57.png

Hi Jos,

I noticed that Apple sometimes does not display the names of external disks of my OWC DAS correctly in the finder. If for example the disk is named Disk1, it is sometimes displayed as Volume instead of Disk1 after starting up the Mac… The synchronisation by Studio is done on the disk name, in this example Disk1, but even so Studio started to synchronise Volume. This generated duplicates in my case. The solution is simple until Damien finds a solution: before starting Studio check if the disk name (or names) is (are) displayed correctly. Since I do this I did not have duplicates anymore. 

Donald 

18 hours ago, DonaldM said:

Hi Jos,

I noticed that Apple sometimes does not display the names of external disks of my OWC DAS correctly in the finder. If for example the disk is named Disk1, it is sometimes displayed as Volume instead of Disk1 after starting up the Mac… The synchronisation by Studio is done on the disk name, in this example Disk1, but even so Studio started to synchronise Volume. This generated duplicates in my case. The solution is simple until Damien finds a solution: before starting Studio check if the disk name (or names) is (are) displayed correctly. Since I do this I did not have duplicates anymore. 

Donald 

Thanks for the advice Donald, but everything seems to be allright in conjunction with my Synology NAS. After scanning my music folder lately, but then I deleted three albums and let Audirvana scan again (to make things right). AS deleted two albums but not the third one. The third one is now pointing to an other album and is playing the wrong songs. Quite strange this behavior! I noticed this before already too.

I just changed my external hard drives with my music on for bigger ones. I had troubles making them in order in the tree view of Studio layout... the were named Music 1 and Music 2, but whatever i do, number 2 was always ahead of 1, meaning letters k-z were before A-J  :)  Then, Antoine on Studio Forum said like here a bit, that Studio place them like it sees them from macOS...

i didn't find anything to make them run in order...

I did zapped the PRAM of my Mac and after the restart all was good, and still is... maybe you can try that @jos

• Shut down the computer.
  • Press the power button.
  • Immediately after, press Command, Option, P, and R all at the same time on the keyboard.
  • Hold these keys down until you hear the Mac's startup sound for a second time
    (the first was after the initial press of the power button).
  • Release all of the keys.

you can type zapping the pram on Google it always existed :)

Just installed and testing this new 1.10 version...🙏

Following today’s update of Studio, here is the change log of this 1.10.0 version:

MacOS:

• NEW: To ease the switch from one computer to another, logging in a new computer automatically disconnects the previous one. This new default behavior can be deactivated on the account management page my.audirvana.com 1

• Audio Units: Option to use macOS v3 API (in the Audio Units settings popup)

• Smart Playlist: “not contains” operator added for text criteria

• Playlist: drop streaming tracks from an Audirvāna playlist onto a playlist hosted on the service they originate from

• Playlist tracks view: fix scroll with mouse wheel

• Metadata editor: fix saving changes made at album level

• Metadata recovery: strengthen disc number recovery

• Other minor fixes

Windows 10:

• NEW: To ease the switch from one computer to another, logging in a new computer automatically disconnects the previous one. This new default behavior can be deactivated on the account management page my.audirvana.com 1

• Smart Playlist: “not contains” operator added for text criteria

• Playlist: drop streaming tracks from an Audirvāna playlist onto a playlist hosted on the service they originate from

• Playlist tracks view: fix scroll with mouse wheel

• Play queue: fix track album image display when shuffle is active

• Metadata editor: fix saving changes made at album level

• Metadata recovery: strengthen disc number recovery

• Album description, artist biography: improve text formatting and contrast for better readability

• Other minor fixes

My question has to do with downloading. I have the Up Jumped the Devil by Carmen Gomes, a 24/352.8kHz download, but I does not play and I do not know how to change AZ settings to a lower resolution if that is even possible. My Yggy Dac plays up to 192kHz.  

Any suggestions?

iMac 27" with local music files > Audirvana Studio > Router/ Modem> etherRegan )JS-2 LPS > Sablon > 2nd etherRegan (LPS 1.2))>UltraRendu (LPS-1.2)> Schiit Yggy > Ayre K5 XE MP Preamp > Ayre v5 Amp > Aerial 10-T Speakers. PC's, SC's and  IC's Cerious Technology Matrix and Ghent DC cords. Gaia under components and speakers. 1 Topaz 1k Iso, BPT power center. Maestro wall plug, dedicated 20 amp run to equipment, second run to distant iMac/Router, BK Precision 1604 and 2nd Topaz.

Thanks, I have XLD; guess I guess I need to dig deeper to learn how to down-convert.

iMac 27" with local music files > Audirvana Studio > Router/ Modem> etherRegan )JS-2 LPS > Sablon > 2nd etherRegan (LPS 1.2))>UltraRendu (LPS-1.2)> Schiit Yggy > Ayre K5 XE MP Preamp > Ayre v5 Amp > Aerial 10-T Speakers. PC's, SC's and  IC's Cerious Technology Matrix and Ghent DC cords. Gaia under components and speakers. 1 Topaz 1k Iso, BPT power center. Maestro wall plug, dedicated 20 amp run to equipment, second run to distant iMac/Router, BK Precision 1604 and 2nd Topaz.

2 hours ago, jas said:

Thanks, I have XLD; guess I guess I need to dig deeper to learn how to down-convert.

It’s very simple: in XLD Preferences, just selected the desired sample rate under “output format > options”, and then open the files in XLD. (You can drop the whole folder containing the files over the XLD icon, which will then automatically launch the program.)

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

Thank you. Okay, I see that part--easy enough. But I am missing how do I apply that setting to this Carmen Gomes album alone and not have it be a global setting. In other words, how do I convert these tracks only?

Thank you. I will give it a go.

I downloaded 1.10 as soon as it became available & have been having issues with it checking for license and then making me sign in again.  Several times I came back after a break in listening to find that Studio had locked due to not finding a license.  So I now have to sign in several times a day.  I now see 1.10.1 is out and will try that, however I don't see anything about my issue.

So 10.1.2 came quickly on the heels of 10.1.1 & I haven't had enough time to see if disconnects are fixed.  But I have other bugs now also in the GUI.  The first is having the transport controls "fall off" the bottom of the screen.  I'll have a song playing, I then try to pause/stop/go to a different track only to find all the transport controls are gone.  I have to restart Studio to get them back.  The second bug is when listening to Qobuz.  I go to Discover and pull up the full listings in Discover, then test out a new album.  When I stop play & hit the Back button I get a single row of albums from Discover and a scroll bar which works on the only row showing from Discover.  Surely that isn't intentional.  If I hit the Back button again I'm taken to the Qobuz Discover start page & must hit "See All" again.  Three clicks to go back one screen.  Someone's not having a good day...