IGNORED

Finisar SFP+ Modules for Audio Grade Network Switch (Group Buy for Audiophilestyle.com)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2023 at 11:01 PM, MartinT said:

I'll be interested in the outcome.

When I inserted FTLX1475D3BTL to connect my two daisy-chained SOtM switches, this SFP+ isn't working.  

Ethernet > SOtM 10G switch > FTLX1475D3BTL > SOtM 10G switch > Ethernet

Finisar FCBG110SD1C05 works without any issues in this same position.

Cisco AOC just arrived today, and it is working perfectly, connecting my two SOtM switches.   I am cooking it now, then I'll do some comparisons.  I wish I could get FTLX1475D3BTL working.  I might try a different cable to connect them.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

I havr the Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL in my SOtM sNH-10G switch running at 1Gb/s no worries at all. I use the yellow jacketed single mode fibre. Also make sure the transceiver is clicked in ALL THE WAY. push hard as it may feel like the end of travel for the gentleman but firmly inserted and with single-mode fibre they work just fine.

Make sure you have your LED lights turned on (power switch on sNH-10G in the up position) and check that there is a connection LED on the far right of the front panel and that the associated data activity LED is blinking.

4 minutes ago, GryphonGuy said:

I havr the Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL in my SOtM sNH-10G switch running at 1Gb/s no worries at all. I use the yellow jacketed single mode fibre. Also make sure the transceiver is clicked in ALL THE WAY. push hard as it may feel like the end of travel for the gentleman but firmly inserted and with single-mode fibre they work just fine.

Make sure you have your LED lights turned on (power switch on sNH-10G in the up position) and check that there is a connection LED on the far right of the front panel and that the associated data activity LED is blinking.

What happens after you power cycle/reboot the switch?

is there any impact to network connectivity?

1 hour ago, audiophilac said:

What happens after you power cycle/reboot the switch?

is there any impact to network connectivity?

The simple answer is the switch powers off and back on again. There is an impact to network connectivity whilst the switch is off and whilst it reboots.

In my particular network, I run a 10Gb/s main switch with the port connected to the SOtM manually set to 1Gb/s. So when the SOtM switch comes up fully, I hot-swap the Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL in the SOtM switch and the 1Gb/s link comes up, like it has to handshake again at the 1Gb/s speed. The fibre link from SOtM to my main switch does not come up by itself. Hot-swap in this context means I withdraw the transceiver whilst the SOtM switch is powered on (by removing the cable then the transceiver itself and reassembling the cable into the transceiver and reinserting the entire assembly into the SOtM SFP port.

Perhaps this is something @Blakecould try this as well on both the SOtM switches.

My network is up 24/7 on battery backup so this hot-swap event is a rarity for me.

@GryphonGuy  Thanks for the input here. I'll give your method a try and see if it works.  

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Has anyone tried connecting the FTLX1475D3BTL with LC/APC fiber and if so what are the differences?

Roon Rock (NUC10I5FNHN2)>Neotech NEET-1008 Ethernet Silver>UpTone EtherREGEN>Supra CAT8>UpTone EtherREGEN>Audioquest cat 700 Carbon>Melco N100>USB DIY>Rockna Wavelight>Mamalos Cables The Elite XLR Nanotubes>Mark Levinson No 380S>RAMM Elite8 XLR>ATC SMC 40A. Power Supply: Ferrum Hypsos, HDplex 300W.

Thanks for your answer.

The third link is the most informative. I'm already testing a fiber Phoenix Contact  LPS/APC with the 1475 and the results in SQ are a bit more resolution and better description of the instruments but with less body compared to the UPC.

Compatibility is not mentioned in the 1475 specifications.

finisar_ftlx1475d3btl_rohs-6_compliant_10g_10km_1310nm_single_mode_datacom_sfp_transceiver_productspecrevb1_0.pdf

Roon Rock (NUC10I5FNHN2)>Neotech NEET-1008 Ethernet Silver>UpTone EtherREGEN>Supra CAT8>UpTone EtherREGEN>Audioquest cat 700 Carbon>Melco N100>USB DIY>Rockna Wavelight>Mamalos Cables The Elite XLR Nanotubes>Mark Levinson No 380S>RAMM Elite8 XLR>ATC SMC 40A. Power Supply: Ferrum Hypsos, HDplex 300W.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve used since 2021 the Cisco AOC, the 1475 and recently the 1475APC. 

The 1475APC is a bit more detailed than the regular 1475. 

I’ve had the Cisco AOC since before the 1475 and thought it was very good.however the 1475 and the APC won over it because of its forward bass and details (at the cost of some meaty lushness). However, since adding a waversa Ethernet filter, the real deal and the real meat is with the Cisco. In my system context, it has THE best balance between realism, bass and details). 

This is, I would think, is highly dependent on the system and on Ethernet signal treatment.. 

my 2cents. 

Moon 780v2+Moon 700iV2 + Etherregen/farad3+ AfterDark Emperor crown/Farad/AD highend clock cable/AD ground box/Denali v2/Larsen 8.2 speakers /All shunyata cables ((anaconda/Python/sigma/alpha)+ optical 1475 FCP

20 minutes ago, dancause said:

I’ve used since 2021 the Cisco AOC, the 1475 and recently the 1475APC. 

The 1475APC is a bit more detailed than the regular 1475. 

I’ve had the Cisco AOC since before the 1475 and thought it was very good.however the 1475 and the APC won over it because of its forward bass and details (at the cost of some meaty lushness). However, since adding a waversa Ethernet filter, the real deal and the real meat is with the Cisco. In my system context, it has THE best balance between realism, bass and details). 

This is, I would think, is highly dependent on the system and on Ethernet signal treatment.. 

my 2cents. 

Did you use an APC cable with 1475? There isn’t a 1475 module specific for APC, right?

I’ve used the Afterdark APC modules+cable. They came as a kit. So I can’t tell. I would not believe so. 

Moon 780v2+Moon 700iV2 + Etherregen/farad3+ AfterDark Emperor crown/Farad/AD highend clock cable/AD ground box/Denali v2/Larsen 8.2 speakers /All shunyata cables ((anaconda/Python/sigma/alpha)+ optical 1475 FCP

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello! 

We shall provide some more information on this Finisar, they have different grade even they have same 1475 part number. The last three letter will help customer to differentiate the models for each customer sectors. We recommended the best grade with BTL - Industrial Grade for Audiophile. The price is acending in repect to quality to build the laser components inside. 

Part number: FTLX1475D3BTL SFP+ Modules  

• Finisar have release 3 different models FTLX1475D3XXX for market segments (Enterprise Grade, Datacenter grades and Industrial Grade) the outlooks is a little bit different on the metal handle at the back. 
  • So when we look at the details on the product specification at Finisar. We can summarised with different models is referring to:
    • FTLX1475D3BCL ->  Enterprise Grade ($)      
    • FTLX1475D3BNL ->  Datacenter Grade  ($$)
    • FTLX1475D3BTL ->  Industrial Grade ($$$) This model is in highest specification with better quality on laser components and better build with various tests. The result is ultra low latency on signal transfer for Audio. Image is more refined and details. 

Project Constellation FIBER - AfterDark (adark.co)

Thanks and have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

• 4 weeks later...