IGNORED

Finisar SFP+ Modules for Audio Grade Network Switch (Group Buy for Audiophilestyle.com)

The Finisar SFP+ FTLX1475D3BTL works fine in opticalModule. 
I now have two modules added between my opticalRendu and EtherRegen. 

Inserting it into the $99 Mikrotik switch didn’t work very well. I can’t find a way to force it into 1 Gb.

The opticalModule now uses the FTLX1475D3BTL, and Mikrotik using the 1421. That’s working. 

6 minutes ago, dm68 said:

The items arrived last Thursday but I am unable to get the FTLX1475D3BTL SFP+ to work as intended.

Welcome to the club. Unfortunately, Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL doesn't work in my X2522 either. But it works well in the 10GTek. 😂 I don't understand why.

22 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

It’s probably a good idea to read the compatibility sheet

Transceiver Startech 1000BASE-EX SFP -SM LC-40KM 👍 works very well and is not on the compatibility list. 

On 3/18/2021 at 1:01 AM, R1200CL said:

I think this isn’t available anymore from Finisar. Discontinued. Correct ?
This is Fabry-Perot laser btw. Have some fun and compare jitter against this 1421 data sheets I posted. 

Sorry for reviving this but I recently got the opportunity to purchase a (used) pair of Finisar FTLF1324P2BTV via eBay. I have compared them to the Planet MGB-TLX and the Planet's are out!

There ares still some units available so for the ones interested: https://www.ebay.com/itm/112841613528

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

Upgraded my network ahead of my EtherREGEN and bought a pair of Finisar SFP+ modules: FTLX1475D3BTL

So my network is:

Internet/NAS > Mikrotik CRS112-8G-4S-IN (FTLX1475D3BTL) > Commscope Optical Cable (FFWLCLC42-JXF020) > EtherREGEN (FTLX1475D3BTL) > dCS Bartok

The Mikrotik has replaced an EE 8Switch and a BJC Cat6a cable. So my setup was already pretty good and it still sounds fantastic. Just need to summon up the courage to do an A/B comparison to see if there is an audible difference, because if its there in all honesty is fairly subtle.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello - interested in getting the Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL  to run between the OM & ER.

Does After Dark sell these separately or only in a package?

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

ISOLATION: Stillpoints/Symposium/IsoAcoustics/Herbie's/PS Audio Powerbase

8 minutes ago, FrankMA said:

Hello - interested in getting the Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL  to run between the OM & ER.

Does After Dark sell these separately or only in a package?

He sells separately. So does Mouser and others.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/II-VI-Finisar/FTLX1475D3BTL?qs=Mv7BduZupUimdVCmqshw1g==

Here is an extremely nice offer:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164891119541?epid=27013198216&hash=item266446cfb5:g:XywAAOSwlw5gtIno

16 hours ago, Rsbrsvp said:

What makes FTLX1475D3BTL the best SFP module?

I have read in another thread that the  FTLF1321 has the lowest jitter measurement of any Finisar module.  Much lower than the 3018 or 3024 but I do not know how it would compare to the 1475.

Because the 1475 is a 10GB module, it has by definition or specification an extremely low to none jitter.

Also I think if you read the data sheet I posted several places, you will find the best jitter specs on the 1421 modules.

• 2 weeks later...

At 250 hours I ended up going back to the FTLF1318P3BTL. Was finding the FTLX1475D3BTL a bit harsh. The 1318 is a bit more liquid sounding in my system

Will try the 1475 again later

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

Thank you @R1200CL