IGNORED

Article: What is Accurate Sound?

Excellent article! Could you provide some more details about how you achieved these results? It appears the filters were measured and applied via Audiolense? What hardware was used for DSP playback? I appreciate a full answer would be another full length article so brief details of the hardware, software and measurements would be fantastic.

Thanks

🎸🎶🏔️🐺

Mitch, do you know what smoothing is used in the frequency response graphs?  I don’t see that stated in the Audiolense user guide.  Is it a proprietary psycho-acoustic smoothing?

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

1 hour ago, Quad 405 said:

I'd like to give a shout out for Mitch's Accurate Sound Calibration service and his book.  My Kii Threes are sounding even better after Mitch created the filters. for Roon. Thanks for another great article!

Nice. I taught only HAF offered such service. I wanted actually to ask him (Mitch) how good it is, but I guess that may be hard to answer now 😀

I assume Mitch’s service using Audiolence ?

EDIT:

I just realized that Mitch is some sort of partner with HAF, and even use their Room Shaper SW. 

If Hope this mean files returned from Mitch also include the Room Shaper correction. That would then mean it’s not so important to have this SW converted into something HQPlayer or Roon server (meaning NUC, NAS, SonicOrbiter) can use.

34 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Are you saying Kii’s own DSP SW can be edited ?

Or Did you first do AL filters before Kii, and then Kii DSP filters ?

The AL filters were added to Roon and then via an opticalRendu to the Kii Control. I changed the Kii boundary setting to -6 before taking the initial measurement but left the other Kii settings to default.

12 hours ago, blue2 said:

Excellent article! Could you provide some more details about how you achieved these results? It appears the filters were measured and applied via Audiolense? What hardware was used for DSP playback? I appreciate a full answer would be another full length article so brief details of the hardware, software and measurements would be fantastic.

Thanks

Thanks @blue2 Other than a UMIK-1 mic, a Mac, and REW to take the measurements, the hardware is listed under the picture of John's @Olesno system. I can export the REW impulses and import them into Audiolense.

On this site, you will find a number of "walkthroughs" I wrote using Audiolense, Acourate, and Dirac. These should provide you with most of the details to your question.

Mithco, thank you for a very informative article. I currently use a INNUOS Zenith SE MKII music server running ROON Core. I tried room correction in the past unsuccessfully using an Anti-mode 2.0 system. I am now considering two different approaches to room correction:

1. Roon Convolution filters 

2. New amplifier with room correction in the amplifier. (Lyngdorf TDAI with Room Perfect)

Assuming you are familiar with Room Perfect software, would you please share your thoughts on this product.

What approach to room correction do you think would yield the best results. Thanks for you consideration of of questions.