IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

18 minutes ago, AfterDark. said:

Sine Wave 50ohm as standard long time ago.

Sine is obviously the best to use, and rather have the receiver convert the signal to square. 

Creating a good square isn’t easy. Also square demands better cables.

Please keep using sine 50 ohm as your standard, and offer 75 as an option.

If you change something in your clocks, I think searching for help, and create a better square output stage is where efforts should be. 

Hi :)

I am a novice in this field.
I note from reading you that this question of the clock is a complex subject, which I do not control and I do not have this pretension of being a knowing.
However, it is fascinating. When I do not master a subject, I like to learn and understand. This is one of my faults.
To tell the truth these notions of square or not, it is complex for me.
I was very attracted (and still for that matter) by the Sotm clock but for a first step into this audiophile world, it was expensive. I turned to a Queen Square wave to begin with because intended for Etherregen and I thought to you that for the ER it was square wave.
I think the Sotm is sine.

I would like my questions to find answers for the future choice of another more "qualitative" clock even if the Afterdark clock is serious in its construction.

I am very passionate about cinema, and I realize that audio and digital are complex.
But as some say: I have to try to take a step back, appreciate and criticize my system. Everyone has almost a different system too and we all have different ears.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

I cleaned up the distracting drivel.  (The privilege of being a moderator in our own forum. 9_9) Carry on...

I didn’t understand his main argument: “You have to clean it up at the source.” My source is a router, through which I stream my music in a continuous fashion. So what do I do instead of re-clocking it with an ER that minimizes jitter and phase-noise? Should I get a yet-to-appear audiophile router?  Contact my internet provider and insist they “do something?” 

I don’t like when people are kicked off from forums. “First, they came for the communists, e.t.c.” But people who consistently divert from the thread’s subject should be banned from posting there—but only there.  

Stereo

[Genelec 1032C x 2 + 7360 x 2] <== [MC3+USB x 3 <-- REF10 SE120] <== [AERIS G2] <== [EtherRegen x 3]
Chain switchable to [Genelec 8331 x 2 + 7350]

Surround

[Genelec 1032C x 3 + 8431 x 2  + 7360 x 2] <== [MiniDSP U-DIO8] <== [Mac Mini] 

12 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Sine is obviously the best to use, and rather have the receiver convert the signal to square. 

Creating a good square isn’t easy. Also square demands better cables.

Please keep using sine 50 ohm as your standard, and offer 75 as an option.

If you change something in your clocks, I think searching for help, and create a better square output stage is where efforts should be. 

Why would they want to shoot themselves in the foot? 

75ohm/square is the industry standard for audio equipment (with only Japan not falling in line, I believe). 

it doesn't matter how loud and long you're going to bark at that tree--that standard won't change. Get over it and move on. 

Stereo

[Genelec 1032C x 2 + 7360 x 2] <== [MC3+USB x 3 <-- REF10 SE120] <== [AERIS G2] <== [EtherRegen x 3]
Chain switchable to [Genelec 8331 x 2 + 7350]

Surround

[Genelec 1032C x 3 + 8431 x 2  + 7360 x 2] <== [MiniDSP U-DIO8] <== [Mac Mini] 

4 hours ago, LowMidHigh said:

it doesn't matter how loud and long you're going to bark at that tree--that standard won't change.

It doesn’t matter what professional audio uses. They have different requirements. And different frequencies. And the phase noise isn’t good at all. And I’m not sure they even use square wave transfer standard. I don’t think so. 

All OCXO internally is 50 ohm.

And sine is the standard. But yes all digital clocking for audio wants square. It may be better to implement sine to square conversion at receiver end. Then you avoid the problem cables any will make and degrade the signal. This is the best way for us as users. 

Soon, all clocking needed for audio will be originated from one single clock in your system where signal is over a fiber bus. Devises will just tap from there. It may even be on the same fiber line as music etc. 

You may even get the clock signal over internet. Which actually happens today in some areas.

It may even not be fiber, it can be 5 or even 6G. 

BTW, why is shooting them self ? 

8 hours ago, LowMidHigh said:

Why would they want to shoot themselves in the foot? 

75ohm/square is the industry standard for audio equipment (with only Japan not falling in line, I believe). 

it doesn't matter how loud and long you're going to bark at that tree--that standard won't change. Get over it and move on. 

Agreed!

1 hour ago, Clockmeister said:

Its been along time since I posted here, apologies we have a lot of projects that are being finalized and a couple of posters on this forum have been lucky  to beta test them for us.

Hi David:

Wonderful to see you back here again!  

And my sincere apology for not have yet replied to you very nice e-mail--of June, 2020!  I see it every day in the middle of my in-box.

Looking forward to learning if any of your projects are going to be in commercial production this year.

Warmly.

--Alex Crespi

1 hour ago, Clockmeister said:

ese clocks is very good, though they each produce different results, for example the Cybershaft is best suited to more laid back systems, it will give it a shot in the arm without question. The Mutec we feel suits more even handed systems more, the trailing note body, texture and decay are world class and the staging is prolific. It just makes you sit and listen to music for hours on end.

What is your viewpoint on these 7lbtyeca? clocks from china for <$100.00.  Are they worth the time?

2 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Thanks for a very diplomatic answer 😀

May I ask what cable and connectors you’re using ?

Hi 1200CL

I use our own cable and connectors for all signal transmissions in the system

One useful thing being a signal hound is observing cable reactions under dynamic conditions and results are sometimes intriguing and confusing 

Reality is somewhat stranger than fiction with audio, beware those bearing audio gifts, all that glitters is usually poor sounding equipment contained within over engineered and nice looking cases with an equally impressive price tag to match.

Areospace & Audio designs with a retail outlet Musical Coherence

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

Hi David:

Wonderful to see you back here again!  

And my sincere apology for not have yet replied to you very nice e-mail--of June, 2020!  I see it every day in the middle of my in-box.

Looking forward to learning if any of your projects are going to be in commercial production this year.

Warmly.

--Alex Crespi

Hi Alex

Thanks for the warm welcome

This last 12 months have been insanely busy with new projects, equipment acquisitions and a new manufacturing site now secured

We can now design a new circuit board idea and have the prototype fully machined between 1 and 6 hours populated and ready for testing and pre compliance within 36 hours and production within one week with minimal rejigging

Will be adding a laser and water cutter shortly to join the neat 4 axis cnc machining station as well

Products

New streamer platform with AI derived data storage via pcie 5, a dac and three power amplifiers  and two pre amps

Modular high end construction with selectable modules for digital and analogue sections fully isolated and shielded coupled with our propitpratory power supplies snd regulation

So a great amount of work ahead!

Hence why I have been absent however a lot of your customer's hete in the UK like your products a great deal

Have made one or two changes to a couple of them as Martin T has stated decent product very fair cost

Will try and not be absent for so long now

Reality is somewhat stranger than fiction with audio, beware those bearing audio gifts, all that glitters is usually poor sounding equipment contained within over engineered and nice looking cases with an equally impressive price tag to match.

1 hour ago, Tokyokyoto said:

What is your viewpoint on these 7lbtyeca? clocks from china for <$100.00.  Are they worth the time?

Hello Tokyokyoto

The person to ask is Martin T he has a nice version of this type of clock and it performs very well

I have built many over the years not just for audio, a few bits of tidying up inside a quality regulator half decent lps and possibly a vonnevtor swap and you will have a smile on your face

For the outlay it is worth the effort 

With any clock design the numbers will only tell you half the story.

Low phase noise here is a bonus, however remember the supply rail's noise is critical along with correct circuit board layout, output transmission lines,  electrical isolation 

Next you need to look at stability of the signal is an oven required or you going to slave a GPS signal etc.

The next generation RJ45  format is close to hand it revoles around a higher bandwidth twisted pair and greatly improved interfaces

Decent, if not as good as the BG7TBL.  However, it would need listening to as the numbers don't tell the whole story.

The PCB does look to have a custom OCXO rather than a recycled one, but it's hard to be certain.  Nice external design and decent price.spacer.png

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu Deluxe streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. Uptone JS-2 PSUs x 2.  PS Audio P3 & P12 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

I think i stay with a 75 Ohm BG7TBL at least until John’s paper is out. Or upgrade to AfterDark of cause. 
I will need a second clock for my SU-2. 
It’s attempting to try one small single 50 ohm BG7TBL version in addition on my SU-2. It’s less than $70. But may take 40 days delivery. 

Hello everybody, i jumped on the BG7TBL train and got one home. When I open the case I see the following, which is different from Martin's DAPU. Can anyone tell me if the ocxo any good?

BGTV.jpg

Emm Labs NS1, Emm Labs DV2, Trusov AMP ( AB class 400 watt into 8 ohm), Vandersteen 5a Carbon, Dyrholm Vision series cables XLR and power cords, meitner speaker cables,  etheregen, 2* Farad super3 with purple SR fuses, AfterDark double Crown, RAL RJ45