IGNORED

RAAL-requisite SR1a Has Landed

1 minute ago, jp11801 said:

@The Computer Audiophile  Clearly not all watts are equal as this amp has plenty of power and dynamics. I do have to admit to a touch of jealously seeing your amp comparison. I am also hunting a particular used amp to shoot this out with. 

I've been listening all morning :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, cfisher said:

I don't know. The aesthetic differences are improvements (shiny and better brand logo). I emailed Danny. I will post if he replies.

SRH1a was the original name back in 2018. see first sentence in first post. 

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/raal-ribbon-headphones-srh1a.890603/

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, cfisher said:

Well that's good to know! Thanks. I think they were right to lop a letter off that hideous product name. Still, not sure why they didn't keep the better branding.

Agree. I’m no branding expert but I much prefer simple names like Alexia, Sasha, etc... over mixed letter and number names. 

the interesting thing to me about the raal is that I now have said the raal offered used along with the Jotr for 3200 dollars and one of the offers actually also included a moon audio cable...obviously 3200 isnt cheap but in this new world of 4-6K headphones it seems to me that this is one of audio's bargains...I speak as one who also owns the susvara and abyss TC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, RickyV said:

🎉🎉🎊  Could not resist any longer, my Raal with resistor box is on it’s way to me. 🎉🎊

I talked by phone, be cause we are in lockdown, to the salesperson. I told him I was unsure what to do, buy the Schiit JR or the resistor box. So he asked me about my power amp and advised me if the amp has enough power and of a certain quantity to go with the resistor box. We will see how that pans out. I can’t wait to hear it

Fantastic!