IGNORED

So I've had an EtherRegen in rack for 2 weeks...

3 minutes ago, plissken said:

Throughput was typical of a 100Mbit connection.

What about between the gigabit ports?

Pings where good and sub 1ms.

They'd better be. Between my machines, I get around 0.2 ms, and very little of that is due to switches. Going through one or two makes no measurable difference.

For the money I think it's a terrible value proposition.

We already knew that.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Plissken has done something worthwhile and valuable, while expending a lot more effort than someone who just buys and says gosh my confirmation bias sounds great!

He did what we're incessantly told to do: try it under the money-back guarantee. What did he get? Endless ridicule. No surprise there.

4 minutes ago, RickyV said:

I am sure you have heard about the blind test done by alpha audio? The eR was not one of the contenders but the sotm switch was. I can't find the link but there suppose to be a English version of it. What it proves is that these switches do something or not?

Do you have a link to the Dutch version? I can handle that.

2 minutes ago, plissken said:

I don't know of anything that fast in the consumer commercial space.

I don't know of anything that fast anywhere. Transferring one hour's worth of music at CD quality in less than one sample interval would require a bandwidth of more than 200 Tbps.

26 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

OK, I'm supposed to read into those comments that someone is being poor shamed? It's impossible to tell if any of us is homeless or living in an ivory tower. I don't buy that this is poor shaming. 

Here's something I found with a quick search:

"Speaking of jealous, I sort of feel sorry for you. Your life seems so pathetic that all you can muster is complaints that someone has it easier than you. Sucks to be you I imagine. Maybe you should start a "go fund me" and perhaps if you really work it, collect enough funds for a new lolly pop?"