IGNORED

Can System Noise be saved to HDDs, SDs, etc. in digital audio files?

23 minutes ago, Blackmorec said:

Let me summarise your post as a 1 liner:

We don’t know how it happens; so it doesn’t

That about right? 

Agreed.

However, if noise was embedded in the file we wouldn't be able to REGENERATE it to very close to that of the original, which very few of us are able to verify anyway, unless we have access to the original Master copy, whether  Digital Audio  or Digital Video.

Many members use a USB Regen or ISO Regen to do this with USB audio.

IOW, improved Signal Integrity.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

An appeal to Authority that you don't like from others.

So what ?

6 correctly performed separate DBT sessions say otherwise, as do several more prominent and appropriately qualified members  in the last 4 1/2 months alone.

Two of them are also way more qualified in their respective areas than an amateur like yourself.

No a reference of information, why can't you discuss this like an adult...

Agreed.

Let's hop over to the next incarnation of whatever has been an audio forum.

B/S

We can predict what is next.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

33 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Agreed.

However, if noise was embedded in the file we wouldn't be able to REGENERATE it to very close to that of the original, which very few of us are able to verify anyway, unless we have access to the original Master copy, whether  Digital Audio  or Digital Video.

Many members use a USB Regen or ISO Regen to do this with USB audio.

IOW, improved Signal Integrity.

14 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Let's hop over to the next incarnation of whatever has been an audio forum.

B/S

We can predict what is next.

Excellent contribution to the thread.

It is a claim that has been made regarding audio files with the same check sum, so bit identical, therefore discussing it on an open audio website seams appropriate.

7 minutes ago, marce said:

It is a claim that has been made regarding audio files with the same check sum, so bit identical, therefore discussing it on an open audio website seams appropriate.

Simply giving a reference to a Textbook is NOT a discussion.

Even the Textbooks used in Primary schools get regularly updated.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

5 minutes ago, marce said:

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, marce said:

For one or one other maybe. But not for me.

Awaiting your contribution.

XXHighEnd (developer)

7 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Oops, I missed that plot.

Some can even make audio sound a little different by changing a  simple setting in the player S/W  while the output remains bit perfect. ¬¬

30 minutes ago, marce said:

The thread is about noise being recorded with the digital data, nothing to do with system noise or any claim that noise is not an issue, it is dealt with during the design process. The issue of noise in systems is a different topic.

Are you unfamiliar with the concept of drawing parallels? 

The idea that 2 distinct things, while different are clearly very similar in many respects? 

7 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Some can even make audio sound a little different by changing a  simple setting in the player S/W  while the output remains bit perfect. ¬¬

Yup. And all very easily explainable.

But luckily that is something quite different from two audio files having the same checksum etc., playing with the same settings, those sounding different. As Alex will know, that is not my thang. Still, Alex will also know that Dennis's response early in the thread exactly *is* my thinking in such a situation. Alex will also know that this is even explicitly counter-attacked in XXHighEnd (we wouldn't want such a means of noise influence).

But here 99.999% of people fail to comprehend.

XXHighEnd (developer)

4 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Yup. And all very easily explainable.

But luckily that is something quite different from two audio files having the same checksum etc., playing with the same settings, those sounding different. As Alex will know, that is not my thang. Still, Alex will also know that Dennis's response early in the thread exactly *is* my thinking in such a situation. Alex will also know that this is even explicitly counter-attacked in XXHighEnd (we wouldn't want such a means of noise influence).

Hi Peter

My point here is that what you are doing, and as demonstrated by Mani is also claimed to be impossible. 

Alex

Some more for those:

Ever back, in the Early Years, there was a customer named Andy (he later created Stealth Player).

14 minutes ago, sandyk said:

changing a  simple setting in the player S/W  while the output remains bit perfect.

He did that, as everybody did and still does, with the difference that at the same time he was burning music to CD for in his car.

Trust me, them change in settings come unequivocally across through normal loudspeakers or head phones - I mean during normal playback. You could pick the settings later 10 out of 10 (some do only 9 out of 10 and experience a bad day).

This guy was "capable" of playing back the burned CD during a setting of XXHighEnd, that playing in the background, and recognize the XXHighEnd setting;

Hey burned a handful of CD's, randomized them after identifying them with a number he never looked at, and always got a 10 out of 10 when playing back the CD's in the car.

Here too, the phenomenon is easily explainable. But for many it goes wrong in their head already because they are so stubborn that they won't give their brain cells a single chance to come up with more, after a clear "reject" on the change of settings influence in XXHighEnd they never even looked into.

XXHighEnd (developer)

4 minutes ago, sandyk said:

My point here is that what you are doing, and as demonstrated by Mani is also claimed to be impossible. 

Yes that.

Just said it.

XXHighEnd (developer)

10 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

Barry D disagrees with [SandyK's assertions]. He says that a properly ripped CD sounds identical to what he provided for production.

@sandyk

Here are his exact words:

On the other hand, when properly ripped to hard drive in a raw PCM format (such as .aif or .wav), the results *are* to my ears, indistinguishable from the master used to make the disc from which the files were ripped--even with that pit structure revealed by the AFMs.  I haven't found any exceptions to this yet in over 30 years of comparisons.

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/24129-how-to-get-the-best-sq-from-cd/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-432030

----

the above is copied here from a thread on a different subject that Mr. Ketel spammed

You are making fun of Alex and you are quoting as a reference somebody who says that pit structure have no influence on the sound, mamamia😂

6 minutes ago, jabbr said:

I may not remember correctly so correct me, but I believe that both Barry D and Cookie M do believe that CDs, copies of CDs can sound different from the master, but that when properly ripped to HD that these differences disappear. 

Fully disagree, if what they call the master is the stamper yes, otherwise usual BS of the golden ears.

6 minutes ago, jabbr said:

1) Electrical noise most certainly DOES get stored at a low level in a digital file.

2) This noise DOES NOT survive a file copy

3) This noise most certainly DOES NOT survive network transmission (particularly fiberoptic)

Fully agree.