IGNORED

Can System Noise be saved to HDDs, SDs, etc. in digital audio files?

1 minute ago, kumakuma said:

Have I missed anything? 

The fact that I have already told you that I have no further interest in anything you have to say .

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

It's not whether system noise can alter the analogue qualities of the digital information when stored, it's whether those analogue deficiencies can be replicated in any way, when copying say. As an extreme example, a CD-R may be technically poor in how the pits are burnt, because electrical noise is disturbing the write mechanism - will that poor burning survive transferring to another medium? Only but only in the extremely subtle sense that because the reading mechanism may struggle to read the poorly written CD-R, then the way the copy is being written may vary very slightly; in part because the normal timing of operations is interrupted, from having to do many retries to retrieve the data.

3 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

But we’ve had this conversation before, so I don’t expect that you’ll change your mind.

I simply disagree with what you are saying. I am able to make an audio file sound different simply by PSU area changes, just as I am able to do with Video file visible differences..

Several prominent members have confirmed this recently too, one using the videos side by side on his 4K monitor for comparison.

Replied: Tuesday at 02:35 PM

Wow Alex.  I looked at the first two links...big quality difference in the video.
 How are they different?  Or, what did you change when recording them? 

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

6 minutes ago, mansr said:

Then why don't you sh*t the fuck up?

Nasty, nasty, first attacks on al'fe's credentials, now this.

Just now, sandyk said:

I simply disagree with what you are saying. I am able to make an audio file sound different simply by PSU area changes, just as I am able to do with Video file visible differences..

Several prominent members have confirmed this recently too, one using the videos side by side on his 4K monitor for comparison.

I don’t believe this, Alex, and the blurry hand-held photos of the video screen you sent me by PM proved absolutely nothing. But I also recall that our PM conversation didn’t end well, so I’m not going to repeat the same mistakes.

12 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

I don’t believe this, Alex, and the blurry hand-held photos of the video screen you sent me by PM proved absolutely nothing. But I also recall that our PM conversation didn’t end well, so I’m not going to repeat the same mistakes.

In this case they were quite high quality BluRay standard video clips . # 132

1920 x 1080 25000kbps 29.97 FPS 16/48KHZ .m2t

2 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Share the clips, then, prove your point to everyone.

I have previously given my reasons for not making them generally available, . including Copyright and Bandwidth availability.

They are 523MB each. Doing this would shut down my Dropbox account due to the bandwidth used.

This happened previously, with luckily only 1 pair of files. 

12 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

My recent experience with your "testing" revealed serious issues with your methodology including the facts that your file names make it clear that the "answer" is.

Garbage.

Only one of the ADDITIONAL 2 files ,(there were 4 different versions of the same original file)  in this case https://www.dropbox.com/s/q57dco1uqafh5f0/Amadeus Electric Quartet - Carmen (Habanera) warm.m2t?dl=0  gave any clue as to which file was which, and was given as a reference point ONLY .

3 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Garbage.

Only one of the ADDITIONAL 2 files ,(there were 4 different versions of the same original file)  in this case

DELETED LINK

gave any clue as to which file was which, and was given as a reference point ONLY .

You might want to delete that Dropbox link from your post.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

4 minutes ago, esldude said:

Even without an account you can send 1 gig files though I think to only a few people.  

I am able to do a little better than that, but there are limitations on the amount of DLs in a timeframe apparently