IGNORED

Can System Noise be saved to HDDs, SDs, etc. in digital audio files?

9 hours ago, jabbr said:

may not remember correctly so correct me, but I believe that both Barry D and Cookie M do believe that CDs, copies of CDs can sound different from the master, but that when properly ripped to HD that these differences disappear. 

Jon

Barry no longer believes that when the CD is ripped to the HDD that these differences completely disappear.

Both Barry and his wife still heard repeatable differences with a comparison CD that I sent him  after he ripped it to HDD for seamless switching between both sets of tracks using his studio gear. He sent me an email with his findings which I still have saved .

However, if Barry had directly played them as I intended the differences would have been much greater.

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

8 hours ago, jabbr said:

To be clear you are not doing DBTs. At best single blinded.

The original series of 6 DBTs that were performed were done to the required standards. Recent reports that I have mentioned were done without knowing which files were which.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

7 hours ago, mansr said:

We don't know his name, so we can't look up anything he might have published,

That's typical from you !!!

I DO KNOW HIS NAME, AND I HAVE SEEN REFERENCES TO SOME OF HIS PATENTS IN THIS AREA. 

4 minutes ago, mansr said:

Do you have a detailed description of the setup and a video recording if the test session?

Even if there were you would still refuse to accept the results.

2 minutes ago, mansr said:

Means nothing to me.

Just as the name Mansr means nothing to the vast majority of members of this forum

Just now, mansr said:

It's quite possible I still wouldn't be convinced, but without those I have no reason to even consider the possibility.

Just as you refused to be convinced by Mani, who would undoubtedly have been able to reproduce the 9 out 10 correct again if the session had been longer.

14 minutes ago, mansr said:

So what? I'm not claiming to be a top authority on anything.

Neither is al.fe

Others , including myself , who know his credentials are doing this, NOT him !!!

11 minutes ago, tmtomh said:

Not true, but even if it were, you are way too focused on names and status.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

Unlike some, I don't keep referring people to textbooks by Henry Ott etc.

1 minute ago, tmtomh said:

More Ad Hominem and Ad Nauseum !

8 hours ago, pkane2001 said:

just want to make it clear, as I think was the OP question and @sandyk's persistent claims are that digital copies can somehow embed and reproduce noise from previous digital file copy operations.

I have also said that you can REGENERATE the files to very close to that of the original.

I use an Uptone USB Regen powered by a very low noise battery derived PSU to do this.