IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

2 hours ago, bobfa said:

I have it working but I am getting an interesting failure.  I have been playing music and I tried to play one specific CD twice and it has cause playback to cease working.

(Telarc Copland Fanfare for the Common Man). 

I had to power cycle both the Kii Control and the Rendu.  Attached are two screen shots from the DAC diagnostics.  One when working and one when not.  When this happens the squeezlite process goes to unknown status.  

This second time I restarted the Squeezelite process and music is playing.  I have not had the guts to try that album again.

as a side not I was running the material skin on LMS and removed it for now.

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 3.01.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 3.07.03 PM.png

I have removed LMS from the Rendu and am running it on my Volumio Primo.  I powered off the rendu and the Kii Control.  I brought both back up and started playing music.  I then selected a different album to play and as soon as I clicked play the music stopped.  I checked the rendu and Squeezlite status is unknown.

I am off to work and a customers site for a few hours.  

4 hours ago, bobfa said:

I have it working but I am getting an interesting failure.  I have been playing music and I tried to play one specific CD twice and it has cause playback to cease working.

(Telarc Copland Fanfare for the Common Man). 

I had to power cycle both the Kii Control and the Rendu.  Attached are two screen shots from the DAC diagnostics.  One when working and one when not.  When this happens the squeezlite process goes to unknown status.  

This second time I restarted the Squeezelite process and music is playing.  I have not had the guts to try that album again.

as a side not I was running the material skin on LMS and removed it for now.

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 3.01.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 3.07.03 PM.png

One shows no playback and the other show 16/44.1 playback. Are you doing something unique in the Settings / SqueezeLite or are you using the default settings?

2 hours ago, bobfa said:

I have removed LMS from the Rendu and am running it on my Volumio Primo.  I powered off the rendu and the Kii Control.  I brought both back up and started playing music.  I then selected a different album to play and as soon as I clicked play the music stopped.  I checked the rendu and Squeezlite status is unknown.

I am off to work and a customers site for a few hours.  

Strange. Maybe avoid that title. 

@vortecjr.. now that summer is in full force I've been re-configuring my system and happily stumbled upon your "Sonicorbiter - Chord device support" thread. I have a Qute EX which I can now use with my mRendu sans USB-SPDIF converter. Thank you for making this happen .. very much appreciated. Sounds terrific too.

20 minutes ago, Melvin said:

@vortecjr.. now that summer is in full force I've been re-configuring my system and happily stumbled upon your "Sonicorbiter - Chord device support" thread. I have a Qute EX which I can now use with my mRendu sans USB-SPDIF converter. Thank you for making this happen .. very much appreciated. Sounds terrific too.

My pleasure...enjoy!

My MR constantly drops out and will not restart or reboot. Going to SonicOrbitor site it recognises MR in the system but will not allow manage or reboot. System is MacBook Air / MR/ iFi iDSD Black Label then Vincent pre power / Audio Physic speakers. System does recognise Naim Uniti and always fires up to the NU. What can I do?

1 hour ago, fnsnyc said:

Does anybody know why Roon Extension Manager is not available in the OpticalRendu Available Apps interface?

The optical rendu is just a roon bridge. All roon functionality is managed through the core.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
7 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

I’n not sure what you mean by Roon Extension Manager.

As far as I know. The Roon Extension Manager is installed at the endpoint (Roon Bridge).

Seems that is was available before ::

https://github.com/TheAppgineer/roon-extension-manager/wiki/Installation#sonictransporter-sonicorbiter-os--27

And ......

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-extension-manager-on-sonictransporter/69933

Since I can't have the option to SSH my OpticalRendu.... the only way to install it is thru the App interface :-(

8 minutes ago, fnsnyc said:

As far as I know. The Roon Extension Manager is installed at the endpoint (Roon Bridge).

Seems that is was available before ::

https://github.com/TheAppgineer/roon-extension-manager/wiki/Installation#sonictransporter-sonicorbiter-os--27

And ......

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-extension-manager-on-sonictransporter/69933

Since I can't have the option to SSH my OpticalRendu.... the only way to install it is thru the App interface 😞

That is a server side application.

I have a microRendu (1.3 board) running Version 2.7 that has suddenly refused to ID any USB DAC connected to it.  It ran flawlessly before it stopped working (outputting to a Musical Paradise MP-D2 DAC (XMOS).  I went through the recommended boot up sequence numerous times, tried different USB cables, , different network cables, 4 different DACs and still nothing.   The power supply is a HD Plex.  The unit is found on the network.

The DAC Diagnostics in every trial I have done shows:

No audio devices found. Attach a USB DAC to this system.

And the System settings shows:

Audio device list

Error in alsa-capabilities (v0.9.1): aplay did not find any soundcard

I do not have a custom DAC setup and the output is set to USB.

I have reinserted the SD card and updated and rebooted a few times.

This is the boot up process I used as posted by Jesus:

Do the following in order:

Power down the DAC and the microRendu

Power up the DAC

Power up the microRendu

It worked perfectly fine before so I have no idea what is going on now.

What kind of other troubleshooting steps can I do to confirm the USB output is dead?  I see scant information on the web regarding a bad USB output on the microRendu but it seems that may have happened to my unit.  Any suggestions?

My new OpticalRendu is having occasional problems connecting to my T+A DAC8 (non-DSD).  It is new this past week, and it has worked the first several times I tried playing.  However, a couple of times now, it seems to have issues sync'ing up with my DAC8.

The relays click temporarily in my DAC and it displays '44.1' indicating a signal, but it immediately drops.  The first time this happened i turned off both the dAC and Rendu and rebooted them.  That isn't working now.  Here is the output of a "mpd status" from my Mac laptop.

Mac:flac $ mpc status
Dick Hyman - Swing Is Here - 1 - The Most Beautiful Girl In The World
[paused]  #1/15   0:00/4:15 (0%)
Updating DB (#1) ...
volume:100%   repeat: off   random: off   single: off   consume: off
ERROR: Failed to open "orendu-020FD8" [alsa]; Error opening ALSA device "hw:0,0"; snd_pcm_hw_params() failed: Input/output error

I am using MPD mode off of a SMB mount.

6 hours ago, Elon said:

My new OpticalRendu is having occasional problems connecting to my T+A DAC8 (non-DSD).  It is new this past week, and it has worked the first several times I tried playing.  However, a couple of times now, it seems to have issues sync'ing up with my DAC8.

The relays click temporarily in my DAC and it displays '44.1' indicating a signal, but it immediately drops.  The first time this happened i turned off both the dAC and Rendu and rebooted them.  That isn't working now.  Here is the output of a "mpd status" from my Mac laptop.

I am using MPD mode off of a SMB mount.

Try this in order:

1. Remove the power cable from the Rendu and the USB Device.

2. Connect the power cable to the USB Device and power it on.

3. Connect the power cable to the Rendu.

4. On the Rendu go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics and confirm the USB Device is present.

5. On the Rendu go to Settings / MPD DLNA and press Save. 

6. Play something and confirm you have a Momentary Frequency in Apps / DAC Diagnostics. You have to reset the webpage to get new data from it. 

I was listening to music. It abruptly stopped and there were no input lights on my DAC (Yggi).

I went through a long process with the YGGI, turning it off for hours, switching cables...nothing fixed it.

All lights are blue on the Rendu chain and data lights are flickering, no input lights on YGGI.

I ran Roon into another system in the house, and I got music on that system.

I removed the USB from the Rendu chain and put it into a Mac

'Music Preference-Sound' found the Yggi AND the input selector lights went on on the YGGI.

So, the problem is likely in the OR chain.

oR powered by Sonore PS : green light is on oR, SPS does not have lights.

oModule powered by LPS-1.2 green lights are on both.

Before I get into taking apart the chain...which I do not know what that will do since the lights are on every part, has anyone had this experience?

Thank you

G

Main: sonicTransporter I5>etherRegen>opticalRendu/ghent/UltraCap 1.2> WireWorld Platinum>YGGY Atma-sphere MP-1 3.1> Hegel 30> Maggie 1.7, REL SE 212: Zero Autoformers, Interconnects , Analysis Plus Silver Oval-In, Nordost Heimdall, Power Cables: Synergistic./Shunyata>Chang Litespeed 

HT:Dish>OPPO>Marantz>Hegel> 3-Maggies/2-Quads>REL Gibraltar>Custom Wire loom>APS>Samsung Plasma 55"

5 minutes ago, thotdoc said:

I was listening to music. It abruptly stopped and there were no input lights on my DAC (Yggi).

I went through a long process with the YGGI, turning it off for hours, switching cables...nothing fixed it.

All lights are blue on the Rendu chain and data lights are flickering, no input lights on YGGI.

I ran Roon into another system in the house, and I got music on that system.

I removed the USB from the Rendu chain and put it into a Mac

'Music Preference-Sound' found the Yggi AND the input selector lights went on on the YGGI.

So, the problem is likely in the OR chain.

oR powered by Sonore PS : green light is on oR, SPS does not have lights.

oModule powered by LPS-1.2 green lights are on both.

Before I get into taking apart the chain...which I do not know what that will do since the lights are on every part, has anyone had this experience?

Thank you

G

Try this in order:

1. Remove the power cable from the Rendu and the DAC.

2. Connect the power cable to the DAC and power it on.

4. Go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics and confirm the DAC is present.

5. Go to Settings / Roon Ready and press Save.

6. Go to Roon / Settings / Audio and enable the Rendu.

Thank you.

Input lights back on when the oR went from red to green....and now music playing.

So, 'reboot the computer' :-)...do you know why this happened?

Main: sonicTransporter I5>etherRegen>opticalRendu/ghent/UltraCap 1.2> WireWorld Platinum>YGGY Atma-sphere MP-1 3.1> Hegel 30> Maggie 1.7, REL SE 212: Zero Autoformers, Interconnects , Analysis Plus Silver Oval-In, Nordost Heimdall, Power Cables: Synergistic./Shunyata>Chang Litespeed 

HT:Dish>OPPO>Marantz>Hegel> 3-Maggies/2-Quads>REL Gibraltar>Custom Wire loom>APS>Samsung Plasma 55"

Thank you. It worked

On 7/21/2019 at 6:23 AM, vortecjr said:

Try this in order:

1. Remove the power cable from the Rendu and the USB Device.

2. Connect the power cable to the USB Device and power it on.

4. On the Rendu go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics and confirm the USB Device is present.

5. On the Rendu go to Settings / MPD DLNA and press Save. 

6. Play something and confirm you have a Momentary Frequency in Apps / DAC Diagnostics. You have to reset the webpage to get new data from it. 

Thanks.  I did that and it ran just fine for a few days, and was even listening to some music a bit earlier this morning.  After i got off a phone call and turned on a new album, no sound.  My DAC shows no input, and no sample rate is displayed on the front.  Here is what the DAC diagnostics page shows in the OR:

DAC description: T+A USB Audio Device      1852:5034

Diagnostic information for this DAC

T+A elektroakustik T+A USB Audio Device at usb-ci_hdrc.1-1.1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:
    Interface = 3
    Altset = 1
    Packet Size = 36
    Momentary freq = 44100 Hz (0x5.8330)
  Interface 3
    Altset 1
    Format: S16_LE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 3 OUT (ASYNC)
    Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000
    Data packet interval: 125 us
  Interface 3
    Altset 2
    Format: S24_3LE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 3 OUT (ASYNC)
    Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000
    Data packet interval: 125 us

access: RW_INTERLEAVED
format: S16_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 44100 (44100/1)
period_size: 5513
buffer_size: 22050

Simple mixer control 'Clock Source 12 Validity',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [on]

My MPD app on my iPad and my laptop shows that it is still playing music:

$ mpc status
Squarepusher - Music Is Rotted One Note - 2 - Don't Go Plastic
[playing] #1/14   2:08/4:21 (49%)
volume:100%   repeat: off   random: off   single: off   consume: on

6 hours ago, Elon said:

Thanks.  I did that and it ran just fine for a few days, and was even listening to some music a bit earlier this morning.  After i got off a phone call and turned on a new album, no sound.  My DAC shows no input, and no sample rate is displayed on the front.  Here is what the DAC diagnostics page shows in the OR:

My MPD app on my iPad and my laptop shows that it is still playing music:

Is this DAC based on an XMOS receiver?