IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

I have been using my microrendu for a few years. It is plugged into an Ethernet switch which in turn is plugged into my PC  which runs Windows 10. The USB is plugged into my PS

Audio DAC. I am using Roon. This has been used for years. Recently my urendu stopped working. This has happened before when my Roon gets messed up. So I opened www.sonicorbiter.com and something new came up. I got search results for devices running Sonicorbiter OS. Nothing was found. What is this OS?

Troubleshooting determined that the power supply is working. I measured it using a DMM. I noticed that when plugging in the Ethernet cable the jacks at both ends failed to light.I swapped cables. no change. I plugged directly into the LAN bypassing the switch. Still no change. Checked USB cable, OK. I tried various sequences of powering up  and plugging in cables. No luck.

The urendu is not getting warm. 

Should the device be getting warm? I seem to remember it doing so.

Should the Ethernet jacks be lighting up?

Why is the website searching for Sonicorbiter OS now? What is this telling me?

Any suggestions.

Right, I purchased a new card a few weeks ago when I was having this EXACT same problem. This fixed the issue...until today, when I again lost all signs of my MR. Nothing on Roon or sonicorbiter.com, etc. All lights are on the MR, the Uptone power supply is working (green light), everything appears to be operational, but no MR in Roon or sonicorbiter. Have rebooted everything--DAC and core and MR and PS--still nothing. Tried second USB cable, nothing. Have given it a few hours to fix itself...nothing. 

And again, this after buying a new card. 

At what point do we determine that it's a hardware issue and not the card, etc.?

19 minutes ago, Oldominion said:

Right, I purchased a new card a few weeks ago when I was having this EXACT same problem. This fixed the issue...until today, when I again lost all signs of my MR. Nothing on Roon or sonicorbiter.com, etc. All lights are on the MR, the Uptone power supply is working (green light), everything appears to be operational, but no MR in Roon or sonicorbiter. Have rebooted everything--DAC and core and MR and PS--still nothing. Tried second USB cable, nothing. Have given it a few hours to fix itself...nothing. 

And again, this after buying a new card. 

At what point do we determine that it's a hardware issue and not the card, etc.?

Try the LPS-1's charger and use it to power the Rendu. 

With PS cable going in to MR, still nada:

No network players on sonicorbiter.com

No Audio Devices found on Roon

Green light on MR

One thing: the amber light appears unstable, can't remember if it's always been like this. Solid, then blinking, then solid...

7 minutes ago, Oldominion said:

With PS cable going in to MR, still nada:

No network players on sonicorbiter.com

No Audio Devices found on Roon

Green light on MR

One thing: the amber light appears unstable, can't remember if it's always been like this. Solid, then blinking, then solid...

Could be a network issue. If you have a VPN it will block the unit from showing up because it doesn’t see the internet. You could also send it in for a look see. 

I was using my ultraRendu in Roon Ready mode this afternoon with no issues, worked as it should and sounded great. After the album finished playing I left things to sit for a couple of hours. When I tried to play again, Roon would just rapidly skip through the tracks but not actually play anything. DAC diagnostics looked fine, I could see the ultraRendu and the ultraDigital, everything looked normal but nothing would play. I restarted Roon, rebooted my iMac Core but no change. Finally, I restarted the ultraRendu and that fixed the problem. Any idea what happened here? On the Roon Community Site I found some posts describing similar behavior, one was with a microRendu and SonicTransporter, but no explanations as to what the problem actually was.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

9 hours ago, JohnDonaldson said:

I have had the same experience with ROON skipping rapidly through tracks with my opticalRendu.  Hope someone can tell us what is going on.

Next time that happens try going to Apps/DAC Diagnostics to see if your DAC is there. It’s always missing for me when Roon starts skipping. Never had a problem with my microRendu or ultraRendu but the opticalRendu does it sometimes. 

21 hours ago, Axiom05 said:

I was using my ultraRendu in Roon Ready mode this afternoon with no issues, worked as it should and sounded great. After the album finished playing I left things to sit for a couple of hours. When I tried to play again, Roon would just rapidly skip through the tracks but not actually play anything. DAC diagnostics looked fine, I could see the ultraRendu and the ultraDigital, everything looked normal but nothing would play. I restarted Roon, rebooted my iMac Core but no change. Finally, I restarted the ultraRendu and that fixed the problem. Any idea what happened here? On the Roon Community Site I found some posts describing similar behavior, one was with a microRendu and SonicTransporter, but no explanations as to what the problem actually was.

Rather than reboot the uR just go to Settings / RoonReady and press Save and see what happens? 

6 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Rather than reboot the uR just go to Settings / RoonReady and press Save and see what happens? 

I believe that I tried that. Restarting is always a last resort for me. I should add, which I forgot, was that after using the uR in Roon Ready mode with everything running normally, I switched back to MPD/DLNA as I needed to view some playlists on my MPD client so that I could recreate them in Roon. When I came back to Roon Ready mode to create and play the playlists, that is when the trouble started.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

4 hours ago, Axiom05 said:

I believe that I tried that. Restarting is always a last resort for me. I should add, which I forgot, was that after using the uR in Roon Ready mode with everything running normally, I switched back to MPD/DLNA as I needed to view some playlists on my MPD client so that I could recreate them in Roon. When I came back to Roon Ready mode to create and play the playlists, that is when the trouble started.

When it happens create log from Apps / RoonReady and send it to Roon and to me. This will help everyone see what is happening. 

have emailed Small Green Computer twice in previous 48 hours, no response...in the interim it appears that my Uptone LPS1 has died. Just tried to power it up to see if the problem had fixed itself. It hasn't. Could trouble with the PS have lead to this issue? BUT, even when powered up the MR is still not being recognized...Very frustrated. ALso frustrated that SGC has not responded. Hilariously I got an auto email asking me to take a SurveyMonkey about "How was our service?" Errrrr.....not good.  

5 minutes ago, Oldominion said:

have emailed Small Green Computer twice in previous 48 hours, no response...in the interim it appears that my Uptone LPS1 has died. Just tried to power it up to see if the problem had fixed itself. It hasn't. Could trouble with the PS have lead to this issue? BUT, even when powered up the MR is still not being recognized...Very frustrated. ALso frustrated that SGC has not responded. Hilariously I got an auto email asking me to take a SurveyMonkey about "How was our service?" Errrrr.....not good.  

They don’t work on weekends. If the operating system is corrupt you need a new SD card and since you just bought one I’m happy to replace it. The power supply you need to resolve with Uptone Audio.

Today I had an episode of ROON Ready rapidly skipping though files without playing them.  In the oR DAC Diagnostics the DAC information was shown in the top of the display but in the mixer section was an error message that the mixer can not be opened.  I rebooted the oR and the mixer info was displayed and ROON Ready played files normally.