IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

43 minutes ago, Oldominion said:

Long time MicroRendu/LPS-1 user. Purchased upgraded card first week it was offered.

MR appears dead.

LPS-1 in green mode.

No lights on MR, nothing when power cycled.

MR found on sonicorbiter.com but when I go to Manage the computer hangs and cannot find it.

MR not found by Roon.

Have gone through normal troubleshooting procedures. 

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere.

Thanks. 

The first thing to try, which usually works, is to pick up a new SD card from our website.

On 5/24/2019 at 3:51 AM, Superdad said:

You either need to get a VUBS injector for the SU-1

Alex.

Please consider making a longer USPCB with also the possibility to add a VBUS power from another LPS-1.2

I’m expecting using another LPS ultracap as pure VBUS power, should be equal or better as using the opticalRendu itself. 

You may post your answer to my first question here :(https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/34836-uspcb-ab-adapters-can-now-be-ordered-at-uptoneaudiocom/page/4/#comments)

11 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

I’m expecting using another LPS ultracap as pure VBUS power, should be equal or better as using the opticalRendu itself. 

You can use one of these:

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/various-adapters/usb-b-adapter-cable-for-55-21mm-female-power-supply-p-8332.html

UltraCap LPS-1.2 output voltage regulators are a pair of LT3045s paralleled in a special impedance-lowering configuration. opticalRendu is the same for its 5VBUS output.  So in regards USB VBUS quality—it would be equal. :D

I've just hooked up my Ultra Rendu as a Roon Ready endpoint feeding to an Auralic Vega G2.

All is going OK except I cannot control the Rendu's volume from within the Roon app. 

I'd be grateful if anyone could suggest how I can do this, or is this functionality not available.

15 hours ago, Grahame said:

I've just hooked up my Ultra Rendu as a Roon Ready endpoint feeding to an Auralic Vega G2.

All is going OK except I cannot control the Rendu's volume from within the Roon app. 

I'd be grateful if anyone could suggest how I can do this, or is this functionality not available.

Go to Settings / RoonReady in the Rendu and select a different volume option from the volume drop down menu. 

18 hours ago, Superdad said:

You can use one of these:

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/various-adapters/usb-b-adapter-cable-for-55-21mm-female-power-supply-p-8332.html

UltraCap LPS-1.2 output voltage regulators are a pair of LT3045s paralleled in a special impedance-lowering configuration. opticalRendu is the same for its 5VBUS output.  So in regards USB VBUS quality—it would be equal. :D

This is really silly. He needs to get a different power supply. He doesn't need two power supplies and a jerry rig solution to make this work.

52 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

This is really silly. He needs to get a different power supply. He doesn't need two power supplies and a jerry rig solution to make this work.

Well he asked, so I answered.  He already owns 5 UltraCap power supplies so he is just trying to make use of them with his new opticalRendu. :D

29 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Well he asked, so I answered.  He already owns 5 UltraCap power supplies so he is just trying to make use of them with his new opticalRendu. :D

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to continue to recommend the LPS-1/LPS-1.2 in combination with the opticalRendu. There are to many reports of the combination not working stable and/or not working at all. 

23 hours ago, vortecjr said:

I have customers stating, "LPS-1.2 got super hot and then the opticalRendu started cycling on and off."

Are you 100% sure these cases isn’t using Vbus and the LPS-1.2 is set to 7 VDC ?

What is actually the measured power draw from the OR ?

My understanding is it was set to 1A. Has this been changed, or do the OpticalRendu vary individually in its power draw ?

Or maybe it’s depending on what mode the OR is in ?

I hope someone is taking  the time to explain.

3 hours ago, jbm0 said:

feeding the USB input of an Yggdrasil and powered by an LPS-1.2.  It seemed to be working quite well,

LPS-1.2 set to 7 or 9 VDC ?

Are you absolutely 100% sure the Yggdrasil doesn’t require Vbus power ?

Edit.

I just read Yggdrasil manual. It’s my understanding the unit require some Vbus. 

3 hours ago, vortecjr said:

I was worth a try since a customer reported it to work. We may have to consult with Jussi to understand what is going on. 

@vortecjr & @Miska

Some background on what is going on here:

Before hooking up my oR, HQPlayer played back without dropouts. After hooking up my oR, HQPlayer now has dropouts playing both PCM and DSD files. I made no changes to settings in HQPlayer. If I change the PCM filter to none the PCM dropouts stop. Likewise, if I cheek Direct SDM in HQPlayer the DSD dropouts stop. Doing this I lose most of the benefits of HQPlayer. Two computers behave the same.

It has been a couple months since I had a ultraRendu in my system but HQPlayer had no dropouts then. Since then I have not knowingly made any changes to HQPlayer or my system that could cause dropouts now.

Roon plays back without dropouts with and without my oR in my system.

7 hours ago, JohnDonaldson said:

@vortecjr & @Miska

Some background on what is going on here:

Before hooking up my oR, HQPlayer played back without dropouts. After hooking up my oR, HQPlayer now has dropouts playing both PCM and DSD files. I made no changes to settings in HQPlayer. If I change the PCM filter to none the PCM dropouts stop. Likewise, if I cheek Direct SDM in HQPlayer the DSD dropouts stop. Doing this I lose most of the benefits of HQPlayer. Two computers behave the same.

It has been a couple months since I had a ultraRendu in my system but HQPlayer had no dropouts then. Since then I have not knowingly made any changes to HQPlayer or my system that could cause dropouts now.

Roon plays back without dropouts with and without my oR in my system.

1. What are the network components from the router to Rendu?

2. Where does the server connect to this network?

3. When was the last time you updated HQ Player?

18 hours ago, vortecjr said:

1. What are the network components from the router to Rendu?

2. Where does the server connect to this network?

3. When was the last time you updated HQ Player?

1. From my router I go to a switch, a QNAP QSW-1208-8C, where all my network audio components are connected. From the switch to my oR I have used  2 different paths. First, optical out of the switch using 2 different SFPs, one SystemsOptique certified, and 2 different SystemsOptique certified orange fiber cables.  The other was copper out from the switch to a tp-link MC220L using 2 different SFPs, one  SystemsOptique certified, and the same optical cables.  In trouble shooting I tried 2 different switches and a different tp-link FMC.

2. All my music files are on a QNAP NAS that is connected to the switch in paragraph 1 above.

3. I am using V3.25-4 of HQPlayer, the current version.  Before that V3.25-3.

All my copper cable are well made CAT6 or 6A from Blue Jeans Cable and each has been switched out at least once.

During all my trouble shooting and switch out of components I have noticed no significant change in the dropouts. 

On 6/4/2019 at 11:49 AM, JohnDonaldson said:

1. From my router I go to a switch, a QNAP QSW-1208-8C, where all my network audio components are connected. From the switch to my oR I have used  2 different paths. First, optical out of the switch using 2 different SFPs, one SystemsOptique certified, and 2 different SystemsOptique certified orange fiber cables.  The other was copper out from the switch to a tp-link MC220L using 2 different SFPs, one  SystemsOptique certified, and the same optical cables.  In trouble shooting I tried 2 different switches and a different tp-link FMC.

2. All my music files are on a QNAP NAS that is connected to the switch in paragraph 1 above.

3. I am using V3.25-4 of HQPlayer, the current version.  Before that V3.25-3.

All my copper cable are well made CAT6 or 6A from Blue Jeans Cable and each has been switched out at least once.

During all my trouble shooting and switch out of components I have noticed no significant change in the dropouts. 

Managed switch or regular switch. Have you tried Roon or DLNA instead of HQ Player?  Are you able to bypass the switch and connect directly to your router?